Chapter Seventeen: The Start of Something New

Tasha's POV

The next morning, I woke up somewhat surprised to see Connor no longer next to me. I frowned slightly as I slid out of bed, yawning as I walked towards the kitchen.

I could smell something extremely good, and my heart fluttered at the thought.

There's no way he's...

My thoughts were cut off as I turned the corner, unable to hide my grin as I saw Connor by the stove, mixing something together.

"I thought you might enjoy some food." Connor said as he turned to look at me, a small smile on his face. "You do like pancakes, correct?"

I nodded vigorously. "You are correct, but you didn't have to, Connor."

"I wanted to," He turned back to the food. "Besides, I... thought it would cheer you up."

I slowly walked over to him, wrapping my arm around his waist. "Mission accomplished, Connor. I am very cheerful."

Connor wrapped his one arm around my waist, mimicking my same stance. "I am glad to hear that."

I sighed in content as he rested against his body, secretly happy he was allowing us to be this close again. "I'm going to have a shower ok? Just come get me when you're done."

Connor looked down at me for a moment, then back at the food. "Have a good shower, Tasha."

I hummed happily in response as I let him go, walking towards the bathroom.

"Music."

My favorite song Rewrite the Stars came on, and I decided to sing to it as I got ready to shower.

I hummed softly for the most part, until the chorus because I could not stand not singing along. "WHY DON'T WE REWRITE THE STARS, SAY YOU WERE MADE TO BE MINE, NOTHING CAN KEEP US APART, YOU ARE THE ONE I WAS MEANT TO FIND—" I continued to sing as I walked through the house, trying to find a clean towel.

When I walked past the kitchen, I noticed Connor staring at me. I gave him a smile as I continued to sing, grabbing my clean towel and heading back to the bathroom.

•Connor's POV•

Connor listened as Tasha sang to this song — she seemed to know the lyrics entirely, and the song seemed to bring her great joy.

Her voice made his metal heart feel warm, and he couldn't help but stare as she walked past him.

After twenty minutes, he had prepared her food, and set it neatly on the table for her.

He gently walked through her bedroom towards the bathroom door. He knocked on it gently. "Tasha, I've prepared your meal."

"Ok, be right out!" She called to him, continuing to sing softly.

Connor left her room, smiling slightly to himself as he waiting for her.

I hope she enjoys what I made...

Tasha's POV

I turned the music off as I stepped out of the shower.

"Connor! Can you bring me my clean clothes please?" I called out, wrapping my towel around my body.

When I heard no response after a few moments, I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Connor?"

Connor's eyes were slightly wide as he stared at me, his eyes moving across my body, causing me to go red. His mouth was slightly agape and he seemed to be on a completely different planet as he still hadn't answered me.

"You're staring, Connor." I giggled quietly, reaching my hand up to touch his chin. "See something you like?" I teased, watching him with curiosity.

Connor's indicator was a dull yellow as his eyes met mine. "I..." I swore Connor might pass out by the look on his face. "Yes." He had a confused expression on his face, which made him look all the more adorable.

I rolled my eyes jokingly, "Well I'm sorry, darling, but this isn't a free show." I leaned up playfully, kissing the edge of his lips. Connor moved his head slightly, causing my lips to press onto his almost completely — the closest thing to an actual kiss we've ever had.

God damn it, why must he send me so many mixed signals?

This is so confusing.

Does he like me? Are we even friends?

I pulled back almost as fast as I had leaned into him, smiling slightly, "Leave so I can get changed."

"I can stay." Connor said quietly, a small smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes, "You're such a perv, Connor."

"I am not a ... perv."

I laughed, "At least turn around? I'm not going to fall over and die."

"Are you sure?" Connor joked causing me to laugh harder.

"Very funny. Turn around."

Connor nodded, slowly turning his back to me.

I pulled my clothes on, smiling slightly as I tapped Connor on the shoulder. "I'm excited to try the food... I wonder if you're a good cook."

"I have no idea." Connor answered honestly as we walked towards the kitchen. "I researched recipes and—"

I cut Connor off by grabbing onto his hand, pulling him towards the table. I sat down next to him, smiling as I examined the plate of food.

"It looks amazing." I told him, smiling as I noticed he was watching me intently.

I took a bite of food slowly, raising my eyebrows as I tasted it.

Oh my god he can actually cook.

"Well?" Connor asked, clearly impatient to hear my reaction.

"You are officially an amazing cook, Connor." I grinned, taking another bite. "I haven't tasted food this good — well ever."

Connor smiled, "I am glad to hear that, Tash."

I nearly spit out my food as I looked at him, he had always called me by my name, never once had he used the usual nickname people gave me.

"Is something wrong?" Connor asked, noticing me staring.

I shook my head, continuing to eat. "No, I just... did you just call me Tash?"

"I did. I can stop if you'd—"

"I think it's cute." I told him, smiling as I looked at him.

"Cute..." Connor was silent for a moment. "Is that good?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, cute is good."

When is he not cute?

"I do prefer calling you Tasha." Connor said as he stared at his hands. "I just... wanted to try something new."

"You can call me whatever you want, darling." I said as I finished the food. "Well, anything nice. I don't want you calling me the things Gavin does." I admitted, shaking my head at the thought of seeing that gross man as I took a sip of water.

"Sexy."

I nearly spit out the water, my eyes wide.

"I beg your pardon?!"

Connor blinked, "That is something Gavin has called you..."

I blushed. While I enjoyed the way it sounded coming from him, it still was weird. "Y-yeah. Fuck Gavin, am I right?"

"Fuck Gavin." Connor agreed, causing me to laugh and smile at him.

Maybe... maybe things are going to get better.

A/N: Connor with glasses is adorable af what. I hope you guys enjoyed this! Leave any scene suggestions or comments