Chapter 136: Family Ties

During the car ride to work, Tasha glanced out the window with a sigh. "We need to tell Hank."

Connor glanced over at her, quirking his brow. "Is that what you want?"

Tasha nodded, looking over to him. "He's our family. It's better we tell him than him find out on his own. Besides, I think he'd have a bitch fit if he found out Gavin knew before he did."

Connor modded, but quirked an eyebrow at his wife. "A bitch fit? Well, that does sound like Hank."

Tasha laughed, leaning over to kiss Connor's cheek. "Alright, then maybe at dinner tonight we'll tell him. It can't be that bad, right?"

Connor was able to think of many possibilities of Hank's reaction not being pleasant but simply nodded and smiled at her in reply.

•••

When Tasha and Connor got to work, they remained close until their shift started and Tasha went to her desk while Connor stood in the break room with Hank. Gavin raised his eyebrows as he looked between the two, smiling slightly.

"So, are you two on speaking terms now?"

"Yeah, actually... I guess you were right."

"Psh, yeah, of course I was."

Tasha rolled her eyes. "Seriously, thank you... I should've heard him out the other day, but you were there for me when I was being too stubborn."

"Of course you were being too stubborn. Sometimes you think too much." Gavin chuckled. "So he was afraid, right?"

"Yeah... I mean, I didn't think about it I guess because I'm still human, mostly... but he's not. He hasn't lived lives like we have. Everything new can be scary I guess and apparently —" She pointed to her stomach subtly. "Pregnancy is the #1 freakout subject."

Gavin nodded. "Connor needs to come to you with his concerns. Not Hank, definitely not me, he should go straight to you... and Tasha?

"Hmm?"

"For the record, I think you'll be a great Mom."

Tasha blinked at Gavin, smiling. "Awe, Gav—"

"Hey, don't get all mushy on me." He ruffled her hair before going to his desk across from hers.

Tasha glanced at Gavin as he sat as his desk, a small smile on her face as she went back to her work. She wondered how at first he was such a douche bag, and now... Gavin actually seemed to have a heart.

Who would've thought?

Tasha looked over at Connor who had finally sat down at his desk, as Hank spoke to him about something. Their eyes met and both couldn't help but grin at one another.

Tasha wasn't sure how they were going to tell Hank. She knew once Hank knew, everyone would know. Slowly, very slowly, she was beginning to show and she had started to wear looser tops to ensure no one asked any questions. She was scared, but not about telling Hank. Tasha knew he would love being a grandfather. No, she was scared of being stuck solely on desk duty. She loved her job, and she hated that she would have to give up the best parts for a while... but she cared more about protecting the child growing inside her.

That night when they went over to Hank's for dinner after work, Tasha decided that it was time to tell Hank about the pregnancy. She wasn't sure how he would take it, but she prayed he would be happy for them.

"Hank, there's something I— well, we, want to tell you."

Hank raised his eyebrows curiously. "Is that right?"

Tasha's cheeks were a light purple as she rubbed the back of her neck with one hand, the other holding onto Connor's for dear life. "Yeah, um... so funny thing, right? You know when Connor and I were fighting?"

"No, I completely didn't fucking notice that." He replied sarcastically with a snort.

Tasha sighed in annoyance. "Be serious for two seconds, Hank."

"One, two—"

"Hank!"

He laughed, but eventually nodded when he saw the slight distress on her face. "Alright, kid, what's going on?"

Tasha opened her mouth to speak, but words seemed lost to her as she attempted to explain the situation. Why isn't this easier?

"I—"

"Tasha is pregnant."

Connor's voice was soft, a smile on his face as he held her hand supportively. Hank's eyebrows raised once more before heavy laughter burst from him.

"Right, and I'm a fucking elephant."

Tasha rolled her eyes, her lips in a fine line. "I told you he wouldn't believe us."

Connor patted her shoulder comfortingly. "Hank, this isn't a laughing matter."

Hank was silent for a moment, looking between the two. "You're — you're joking right?" There was still a playful tone to his voice. "Unless Tasha slept around—"

"UM RUDE!" She glared at him, though mainly in a playful sort. "I'm pregnant with Connor's baby. We thought you should know, yknow before I start showing."

Hank was silent for a moment as he took in their serious expressions. "You... you're actually serious."

Tasha nodded her head.

"No shit?" Hank said in disbelief, a small smile on his face.

"No shit." Tasha smiled slightly. "You're gonna be a grandpa."

•••

A/N: FINALLY AN UPDATE! I know it's been ages but OMFG my story hit 2 million reads!! That's crazy! Give me any ideas for future chapters pleaseeeee