Chapter Twenty: Curiosity

Connor's POV

After Connor witnessed Gavin kiss Tasha, something in him changed. He was almost possessive of her— when they went on missions he'd make a point to hold her hand in the car, touch her arm when he needed her help; anything to be close to her.

The idea that Gavin could take her away from him was unsettling.

Connor knew he had to tell Tasha the truth about how he felt.

He just didn't know how.

Connor walked over to Hank, sitting down at his desk. "Hank... May I ask you a personal question?"

"What the hell is it with you and personal questions?" Hank shook his head, "Alright, What is it?"

"I was just wondering...How do humans express their... feelings to each other?"

"Why do you care?" Hank scoffed, but when he looked up he noticed Connor was gazing towards Tasha. He smiled slightly.
"Connor... Are you asking me how to express your feelings... to Tasha?"

"Yes." Connor replied honestly after a few moments, flipping his coin along his fingers. "I don't... understand how to tell her she isn't alone... I don't understand what it is I'm experiencing, and... I don't want my inability to understand myself make her think I don't care because I... I do... care about her... a lot... ."

"What brought this on? You were dead set against telling her anything." Hank inquired, leaning on his elbows as he looked at the Android.

"Gavin kissed her."

"Oh." Hank made a disgusted face. "I did not need to know that, Connor."

"You asked."

"Regardless," Hank sighed, shaking his head, "What you're experiencing is love, Connor..."

"I've heard of it, but I do not understand it."

"Not many humans understand it," Hank admitted, taking a sip of his coffee. "But think about it this way: Tasha always touches your arm, hell she kisses you for Christ sake— all that gross, sappy shit — that's how she expresses her feelings for you."

Connor thought on this a moment. "How should I — what should I do to show her how I feel?"

"Jesus, Connor—" Hank turned in his chair to look at the Android. "I don't know, get her flowers or some shit! Take her on a date, I don't know."

"A date?"

"Yeah! A date! That's usually what humans go on when they like each other." As annoyed as Hank seemed, he couldn't hide the small smirk on his face.

Connor pondered this a moment, "I believe that is a good start. Thank you, Hank."

"Yeah, yeah... just, no lovey-Dovey crap in front of me."

"Lovey-Dovey?"

"Oh Christ, just forget it."

•••

Tasha's POV

I let out a small sigh as I finished my paperwork. "Yes! Finally done!" I smirked over at Hank who was still working on his. "Guess you owe me donuts now, Hank."

"Yeah, yeah. Careful, I'll get you put on a case with Gavin and we'll see who gets who donuts." Hank laughed, raising his eyebrows as he saw Connor walk into the room, hands behind his back. "Oh look! It's your boyfriend." Hank teased, laughing when I blushed. "You two seriously need to get your shit sorted out. I'm sick of having to watch over two love sick puppies."

"Shut up, Hank!" I glared, tossing an empty coffee cup at him. "Hey Connor!" I smiled at him, cocking my head to the side as I noticed he was holding something behind his back.

"Hello Tasha." Connor smiled softly, his LED blinking a dull yellow.

I wonder if he hates that it gives away when something bothers him.

"Are you alright, Connor? You look nervous."

Connor was still for a moment, avoiding my glance. Then, in one slow movement he held out the most beautiful bouquet of roses to me. "I got these for you. I believe they are your favorite."

I blinked a few times, smiling at him as I took the flowers. "You... really do pay attention." I leaned up, kissing Connor on the cheek. "Thank you... but you didn't have to."

"I wanted to express my feelings for you." Connor said bluntly, causing me to blush while my heart raced at his words. "Hank said flowers and asking you on a date would be a good place to start."

"Hank gave you dating advice?" I asked in astonishment. Hank always seemed disapproving of our relationship, so to hear he gave Connor advice made me feel proud of Hank. He was starting to see Connor as less of an Android and more of a live being.

Connor nodded.

"Oh he did, did he?" I smirked for a moment before gazing up at Connor. "Well, are you going to ask me on a date?"

Connor blinked a few times and I thought he might pass out, I could hear his fans whirring like he was overheating. His LED was blinking and overall he just didn't look well at all.

He's adorable when he's nervous.

"I — Yes — " He cleared his throat. "Tasha, would you do me the honour of going on a date with me?" Connor finally looked down into my eyes, such uncertainty showing in his.

I smiled, feeling my heart flutter as I held the flowers closer.

"I'd love to, Connor."

Connor's reaction made my heart soar. He smiled happily at me, leaning down to kiss the side of my forehead.

"By the way," Connor started, causing me to raise my eyebrows at him, a smile on my face. "You are very beautiful." He winked, smiling.

I could feel the blush on my cheeks intensify as I dropped my gaze to the floor

"Thanks, Connor."

A/N: HIIIII! Please leave comments and scene

 suggestions you'd like me to write and add into the story! Thank you so much for reading

suggestions you'd like me to write and add into the story! Thank you so much for reading. WE'RE AT 50,000 VIEWS ! 😭💜