Chapter Fifteen: Rewrite the Stars

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

•Tasha's POV•

*beep*
*beep*
*beep*

I felt like I was floating on a cloud. My body light, yet heavy all at once. Slowly I opened my eyes, the bright light blinding me for a moment. When I regained my site, I was met with the most beautiful brown eyes.

"Connor." I couldn't help but smile as I gazed at him, my vision still slightly blurry but focused enough I could make out most of his face. "You're here."

"I told you I wouldn't leave you." He spoke softly, his hand holding mine tight.

I felt my heart sink as I realized what I had done. My smile turned into a frown as I felt tears come to my eyes. "Oh, Connor— I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have had to see that."

"I want you to promise me something." Connor's expression was unreadable as he gazed down at me.

"Anything."

"Promise that if you ever feel like this again you'll come to me before... before you do something dangerous."

"I promise, Connor."

Connor leaned down, pressing his lips to my forehead. "Thank you."

"Well, don't you two look cozy."

I looked past Connor to see Hank holding a box of donuts, a small smirk on his face.

"Are those for me?"

"They're for me." Connor said, causing me to look at him with wide eyes.

"Connor — did you just — make a joke?"

He had the cutest smile on his face. "I do believe so."

"God, you two were made for each other

"God, you two were made for each other." Hank shook his head, setting the box of donuts on my lap. "You're lucky. If Connor hadn't found you when he did —"

"Hank, I—"

"Just, shut up for a sec," Hank sighed, sitting in the other chair next to the bed. "What you did was stupid and reckless—"

"I know! I know, I messed up, Hank."

"What did I just say?" Hank shook his head, "Listen, I know that right now you feel alone, but you're not, alright? You got me, and this piece of plastic." Hank smirked at Connor. "We're a team, alright?."

"I just... I miss my parents a lot, Hank. And after everything with Gavin — it just got to me. As soon as I did it I wanted to take it back but I went too deep and and I couldn't get to my phone—" My Lip trembled as I remembered the moments before Connor arrived. "It won't happen again."

I pushed my body up slightly, groaning in pain when I moved too far. Connor grabbed onto my arms, pushing me back down. "You need rest."

"I need to pee." I retorted, sighing in defeat as I stared at the bathroom door. "And there's no way in hell I'm peeing — AHH! CONNOR! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

Connor had lifted me into his arms in one swift motion, carrying me towards the washroom. "I'm taking you to the washroom."

"You two are fucking bizarre." Hank shook his head as Connor shut the bathroom door, setting me in the edge of the tub.

Connor reached for my gown, causing me to jump back slightly. "CONNOR WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?"

Connor stared with confused eyes. "I was only trying to help."

I sighed, shimmying slowly over to the toilet. "Connor, can you please leave?"

"I need to make sure you're safe." Connor replied with a small shake of his head.

"Ermmmmmmm." I let out dramatically, "I really don't want you to listen to me pee, Connor."

"I can deactivate my sound censors if you'd like, but I'm not leaving."

"Can you at least... turn around... please?"

As awkward as this situation was for me, it showed that Connor was concerned for me — something that made my heart flutter, even in that very moment.

A/N: PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS AND SCENE SUGGESTIONS YOU'D LIKE TO SEE ME WRITE.
Also this song is my fave wtf I love the greatest showman.
Your comments mean the world to me and keep this story going 💜 I finished the game btw! :) yay me.