Chapter Thirteen: Good Feelings Gone

The next few days I found myself staring across the room at Connor, even more than I usually did.

The way he held me that night — shivers went down my spine as I shook my head, trying to rid myself of thoughts of him.

He said he cared about me.

Maybe I wasn't the only one confused about how they felt.

Connor was currently doing his coin trick — and boy, did he look hot when he did it.

Hank hated when he did since neither of us could come close to accomplishing it, but watching Connor flip that coin around between his fingers did something to me.

"Isn't this sweet, you really are pining after the robot."

I let out a sharp breath as I heard the voice next to me. "What do you want, Reed?"

Gavin leaned his elbows on my desk, making himself uncomfortably close to me. "I was going to ask if you'd like to get coffee with me, beautiful." His voice was the most fake sweet noise I had ever heard before, even from him.

"I hate coffee almost as much as I hate you, Gavin." I replied in an even tone as I continued to stare at the screen in front of me. "I think I'll pass."

"Oh, come on," Gavin leaned in to me, chuckling, "Instead of going after a machine, how about someone who could give you the time of your life?"

I rolled my eyes, turning my chair ever so slightly to look up at the man. "If you're referring to yourself, I think I'll take my chances."

Gavin sighed dramatically, "He'll never love you, you know. But really, has anyone ever loved you?"

I clenched my jaw, turning away from him. "Fuck off, Reed."

"No, I'm serious, Tash, who could love you?"

"One minute you're trying to get in my pants, the next you're treating me like garbage — if this is how you attempt to get all your ladies, I'm not surprised it hasn't worked out."

"You're gorgeous, I'll give you that," He leaned in once more, touching my hair. "But you're too broken for anyone to ever love you."

Gavin began to walk away, my blood was boiling and I knew I had to keep my cool, but I couldn't.

I stood from my desk, walking over to Hank's desk — of course both Connor and Hank were paying attention to the whole thing, so it was no surprise when I noticed them both looking at me.

I ignored their stares, grabbing Hank's coffee cup that was full of hot coffee off the desk. "Hey! What the hell are you doing, kid?!"

"Something I should've done a long time ago." I had a small smirk on my face as I strut towards Gavin, tapping him on his shoulder.

"What, finally came to your senses?" He sneered as he turned towards me. As soon as he did I smiled sweetly at him.

"I thought I'd give you some coffee." I smiled sweetly at him.

With that I poured the hot coffee onto his head, smiling as he began to yell.

I rolled my eyes, "Isn't Karma a bitch?"

"No one will fucking love you. That machine won't, no one will!"

In a moment of bad judgment, I hit him square in the jaw, causing him to stagger back.

"You fucking bitch!" He went to hit me, but before he could touch my skin, his arm was pulled away from me.

I looked over with raised eyebrows as Connor held Gavin back. "You fucking — let go of me!"