Chapter Eighty-Six: Captured | Part 1

Connor groaned in frustration as he held his head in his hands. Never before had he experienced physical pain, but this was agonizing. It had been happening for a few weeks on and off, and each time he tried to make sure Tasha remained unaware since Connor didn't want to worry her, but it didn't take long for her to catch on.

Tasha frowned as she kissed Connor's temples. "It's happening again, isn't it?"

Every day, Connor's head began to hurt and it progressively became worse over time.

Connor nodded, "It.. it's very unpleasant."

"Let's go to Kamski. I'm sure he has to have an answer."

Connor agreed reluctantly. As much as he didn't like the man, he didn't see any other option. Kamski emailed Tasha the location to meetup at but once they arrived Connor instantly felt uneasy.

As they both got out of the car, Connor analyzed their surroundings.

"Tasha, get back in the car." Connor's voice was serious, but the words came too late.

Tasha was thrown onto the ground violently, being kicked until she passed out. The man then came to Connor, injecting his system with a paralysis serum, leaving him immobile. He wanted to scream to her but he couldn't as the man shoved him into the back of a van and drove away.

 He wanted to scream to her but he couldn't as the man shoved him into the back of a van and drove away

Tasha regained consciousness, she didn't know how long she had been out. The cars tires were slashed and it was pitch black out. Tasha reached into her back pocket, dialing the first number that came up.

"Gavin!"

•••

When Gavin arrived he immediately jumped out of his car, running towards Tasha who was leaning against a tree. When she noticed him, her shaking body moved in his direction.

"Tasha!"

Through the darkness Gavin saw she was sobbing, that her lip was bleeding and she had bruising on all of her body. When he reached her, she immediately clung onto him, sobbing against his chest.

"He's gone! Connor's gone!"

Gavin rubbed her back, hoping it may calm her down. "Tasha, what are you talking about? What happened?"

Tasha tried to breath between sobs, "We — we were attacked! They — they beat me until I passed out, and — and they must have taken Connor!"

Gavin pulled away from her, realizing how cold her body was. She was only in a tang top and shorts, and it was freezing cold outside. He lifted his shirt off, causing Tasha to look at him in confusion.

"Gavin, what are you—"

He put the shirt on her as gently as he could, noticing the small smile that came to her lips as the tears continued to cascade down her pale cheeks. Once she had it on, he reached a hand out, wiping her tears away. "Look, I don't know what happened, but we will find Connor, Tasha. I promise you, we will find him."