Chapter 130: Confrontation

The next morning Gavin made Tasha breakfast, which she gladly ate.

"I should probably get to work." Gavin said as he pulled on his jacket, walking with Tasha to the door.

"Thank you, for being there for me. It means a lot."

"It was nothing. You deserve a break."

"Awe, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you're turning into a softie, Gav."

Gavin chuckled, ruffling her hair playfully. "Don't tell anyone, I have a reputation to uphold."

"Don't worry, I won't let the world see the best parts of you." She retorted teasingly, rolling her eyes as he stepped outside. The two shared a silent glance before Gavin left her yard.

Once he was gone, Tasha found herself thinking of Connor and wondering where he was. Her hand rested on her stomach, almost trying to comfort the small life inside her from the emotions she herself was being swept up in.

Tasha took a deep breath as she heard the door open, footsteps walking towards the kitchen. She didn't turn to look at the figure that she knew was standing a few feet away.

"I saw Gavin leave just now."

"Hello to you too." Tasha replied numbly.

Connor didn't budge. "I saw Gavin."

Tasha sighed, "Yes, and? I don't want to talk to you if you're only going to chastise me on who I keep as company."

"Why was Gavin here?" Connor asked as he stepped closer, ignoring Tasha's comment entirely.

Tasha shrugged as she turned to look at him, "He brought me food last night and we talked."

"Talked? What does that mean exactly?"

Tasha rolled her eyes. "We had a conversation — y'know, the thing you've been avoiding having with me."

"I haven't been—" Connor stopped himself as he thought harder. "Did... did he sleep here? With you?"

Tasha scrunched her eyebrows as she took a sip of orange juice. "Yeah, Connor, he slept here."

"You didn't answer my question." His LED was bright red, his brown eyes staring intently at her.

"We slept in the same bed." Tasha admitted, looking at Connor for a moment. "Nothing happened, dork. I wouldn't do that to you."

"I—" Connor tried to keep his composure but his jealousy broke through. "You can't just sleep in the same bed with him!" Connor yelled, narrowing his eyes. "You're mine!"

"You haven't treated me like yours in a while. Gavin was there while you were out, what, partying with the other Deviants?" Tasha scoffed, pain evident on her face.

"The probability that something could have happened is 45%! He could've touched you!

"He hugged me. That's it."

"Tasha—"

"Nothing happened, Connor." Tasha spat out, "But you know what? Maybe it should have. I am so sick and tired of you pushing me away. You can't walk out of my life then prance in whenever I do something that makes you jealous." She turned away from him, tears in her eyes as she put her jacket on.