Chapter Ninty-Four: Stone Cold

When Tasha and Connor arrived home after their weekend getaway, the couple were ecstatic to tell everyone of their engagement.

Well, almost everyone.

Hank knew of the proposal, so telling him went smoothly. It was their first day back at work, and when Hank arrived at the office he noticed a certain look about the couple that they didn't have before. It was then he noticed the shine of a ring on Tasha's left hand.

"You finally got the balls to ask her, huh?" Hank smirked as he sat at his desk.

Tasha blushed while Connor narrowed his eyes. "Lieutenant, I did not need to acquire said balls, I already have —"

"On second thought, I don't want to hear it." Hank interrupted, rubbing his forehead.

"Connor told me he asked you." Tasha smiled at Hank.

"Yeah, he did." He looked over at her, "What? Quit starin' at me, creep."

"I'm offended!" Tasha replied dramatically, "But yes, if you must know Connor did propose to me." Her voice was quieter as she said this, trying not to alert the other officers around.

Unfortunately for Tasha, while she was talking to Hank, Chris and Gavin had walked up to her desk, hearing the whole thing.

"You're engaged?!" Chris asked loudly, causing Tasha to facepalm for a moment.

Everyone's eyes snapped to their direction for a moment before the gossip spread like wildfire.

"Well, now you don't have to worry about telling anyone." Hank snickered as he turned to his screen.

Tasha turned to Chris, only then noticing Gavin's presence. "So, our youngest Detective is getting married." Chris mused, smirking at Tasha's flustered appearance.

"Last time I checked, you're not much older than me, Chris." Tasha stuck her tongue out at him, crossing her arms across her chest childishly.

"Yes, that stance really makes you seem mature." Chris cackled, handing a folder to Tasha. "As happy as I am for you, the Captain's given you an assignment."

Tasha hummed in acknowledgement. "Alright, who with?"

It was then that Tasha realized why Gavin was standing with Chris. "Oh! Okay, great."

"I like your enthusiasm." Chris chuckled, walking away to leave Tasha and Gavin alone.

"Um." Tasha started, trying to think of what to say. Gavin hadn't spoken a word to her, and he wouldn't look at her either.

"Read over the file and meet me at my car." Was all Gavin said before walking out of the offices.

Tasha furrowed her brows with a sigh, her eyes scanning the documents. "This case is going to take all day." She walked over to Connor, pecking his cheek affectionately. "I'll get Gavin to drive me home after our shift, okay?"

Connor nodded, "Are you going to be alright working with him?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"Well, you haven't been alone with him in quite some time, and —"

"Connor, it'll be fine." Tasha hummed, caressing his cheek. "I'll call or text you if I need anything, promise."

Connor sighed in agreement, pulling her ring finger to his lips, kissing the skin just below the ring.

"You two are fucking bizarre."

"Don't be mean, Hank!" Tasha leaned down, giving Connor a kiss on the lips for good measure before walking to Gavin's car.