Chapter Eleven: Deliberation

•Connor's POV•

"What are your thoughts on Miss Anderson?"

Connor looked at Amanda, head slightly tilted to the side. "Miss Anderson is... smart, resourceful, she's incredibly kind to androids, and overall she's done a lot for the case."

"You've been working with her for a couple months now

"You've been working with her for a couple months now." Amanda said quietly as she looked at a rose. "It seems you have... begun to develop feelings for the girl. Is that correct?"

Connor knew he had to be as professional as possible. If Amanda began suspecting his deviancy, there would be nothing he could do to stop her reacting to it.

He didn't want to be deviant. He wasn't supposed to want things or feel things.

But he wanted Tasha.

It confused him. Every single moment he spent with her made his metal insides feel hot — like his body was going into overdrive.

But he ... enjoyed the feeling.

"I am focussed on catching the deviants."

Amanda nodded, "Has working with her caused any... problems?"

"No." Connor replied, "She's only been helpful towards the success of our mission."

"Miss Anderson seems to have taken a liking to you."

"Tasha is a caring person. I believe she cares about everyone she meets — even those who she despises. She has a warm heart."

"She seems like a very kind person... too kind." Amanda looked at Connor sceptically, "We're running out of time. You need to focus on the mission."

"Yes, Amanda." Connor replied.

"If... she becomes a problem, we may have to discuss... taking her out of the equation."

Connor felt like his entire body went cold. He knew what she was insinuating, but he would die a thousand deaths before allowing Amanda anywhere near Tasha.

He had to protect her.

Even if that meant pushing her away.

•••

A/N: IM SO SORRY ITS SO SHORT I TRIED MY BEST MY WRITERS BLOCK IS TERRIBLE RIGHT NOW SO PLS LEAVE ANY SCENE SUGGESTIONS , COMMENTS ETC. Thank you so much for reading.
I'm going to my in laws for the weekend, but my hope is to update as much as I can.