1.17 (Edited)

*first edit*
Note: This chapter is edited. Old comments may not make sense. Unedited first arc chapters will also be slightly off from the edited ones.

The time for when they had to get leaving towards school was fast approaching. Wang Shuo, who had also gotten Sun Hui a gift that day he went out to buy the cream, thought he should quickly give him the gift before they went to school since he had no way of knowing if he would ever come back or not, especially when Sun Hui had the deal over his head.

"Xiao Hui..." Wang Shuo spoke, making sure his family wasn't anywhere near hearing range. "There's this thing I got you when I went out shopping that day. I thought...I thought it might suit you."

At Sun Hui's confused expression, Wang Shuo proceeded to take the gift out of the designer bag and presented it to Sun Hui.

It was a collar.

But not just a collar, but a highly expensive one, by the looks of it. It had a black leather base, with a silver lace trim. Crystallized diamond studs went all around it.

"I stopped by a toy shop...I never bought anything there before, I only browsed and fantasized about things that could be if I were to actually pursue such a relationship of the nature. I know we're not in a relationship, and I know you may never want to do stuff like that again because I may have ruined the experience, but...I couldn't help but think of you and how you would look in it. I know by doing this I crossed some boundaries you didn't want me to enter, but I can't ever help myself around you. There's just something about you that makes me lose all control...and I don't even want to prevent it. But if I committed a wrong against you by doing this, I apologize and assure you that I only ever had good intentions. I thought it would be nice to give you a gift..."

"I'm not going to wear that," Sun Hui sneered, looking away. "I'm not your dog."

Wang Shuo's heart broke, but he covered his disappointment with a forced grin. "I know you're not. You could never be a dog, Xiao Hui. You're...so much more. I don't think you can even compare to normal humans. You're so special, priceless, precious..."

Sun Hui...was secretly flattered. The elaborate gift, the compliments...but he couldn't just accept! That would be giving in to desire and materialistic wants! He was better than that! So he folded his arms and refused to look at Wang Shuo.

Wang Shuo bit his lip before coming to a compromise. "You don't have to wear it! I don't expect you to. But please, it's your gift, at least take it? I got it for you, it would defeat the purpose if I just kept it...besides, you deserve to receive a gift once in a while!"

He practically gave Sun Hui puppy dog eyes and a pout to add to his grievance.

Sun Hui swallowed then groaned. "Fine, fine! I'll take the gift. But I'm not wearing it."

Wang Shuo perked up like a puppy about to go on a walk, or one who was about to receive a treat. "Thank you!"

Such a...puppy... Sun Hui tried hard to resist when he grabbed the collar, but his hand (yes, involuntary and out of instinct! Stupid hand...) reached out to pat Wang Shuo's head and rub his head in what seemed like an awkward praise and gesture of gratitude.

Wang Shuo stared in shock by the action. When Sun Hui noticed what he was doing, his face flamed and he quickly pulled his hand back, muttering a curse. "Forget that! If only you didn't act like some kind of excited dog...I wouldn't have done that!"