3.4

*unedited*

Sun Hui was, to say the least, very disturbed. Caroline's words echoed in his head.

"You're not from here, are you? You're just like me."

Was it possible that...was it possible that he was in a world with another victim? It would explain why her behavior was so off as compared to the plot. Should he risk his cover and converse with her for answers?

No, he shouldn't. He really shouldn't.

But that wasn't his only problem. His butler seemed to be clinging onto him even more, for whatever reason. Sun Hui was beginning to think this older man really did develop a crush on Richard. He was constantly pampering him and...showing off? Why did it feel like he was trying to impress him?

Sun Hui chose to ignore that. The butler didn't carry Wang Shuo's ring, so therefore he couldn't possibly be him, right?

Unless he's hiding the ring like you did in the last world, a voice told Sun Hui.

Sun Hui frowned. That could be possible. But it'd be odd if Clyde found him ransacking his bedroom chamber, so he decided against even going through with his investigation.

I'll just wait it out. If I finish the plot first, I'll get to be with him longer...right? There'll be no issues, Sun Hui bit his lip.

"Master? Miss Jones is demanding your presence. Should I remove her?" Clyde titled his head as he peaked into the room.

Sun Hui suspected as much. She must be demanding answers as much as he was. He sighed.

"Yes. Prepare some tea...but don't eavesdrop on the conversation or stay in the same room as us, is that clear? This is just between me and her. No reason for you to be involved," Sun Hui said.

Clyde's eye twitched, but he only bit out a sharp reply, "Yes, milord."

Sun Hui rose from his desk and went down to meet her. When he saw her pacing his entry way, he opened his arms wide in welcome, "Miss Jones, so soon? Did you miss me so much?"

"Enough with the act. I know who you are," she bit out.

Sun Hui immediately dropped his arms to his side and narrowed his eyes, "And who exactly am I?"

"You're...you're Sun Hui," she said, almost unsurely. "I mean, you have the ring, so you must be Sun Hui."

Sun Hui immediately was on her, grabbing her shoulder tightly and shouting at her, "What do you know?"

"I...I only know I don't belong here. I don't remember that much, just that you're someone named Sun Hui!" she cried. "And...my name. My name is Jin Min. Do you know her?"

Their voices were smooth, and Sun Hui felt way more comfortable speaking. They must be speaking Mandarin again, their native tongue. He didn't know how or why it was possible.

But when she said that name, Sun Hui paled. How did...how did she transmigrate?

Well, Wang Shuo did. Maybe his cousin has the same abilities as him? It's possible, Sun Hui contemplated. But she remembers who she was, Wang Shuo didn't. Why is it that she recalls something but he is stuck not knowing anything?