2.10

*unedited*

"There is a special place
That's just as delicate as lace
Come into the enchanted garden
The flowers mix with lavenders and greens
It paints quite a beautiful scene
Words befall you
There are no meanings or sense
They fly over the fence
It's beautiful

But beauty doesn't last
It never has in the past
Soon, the scenery turns dark
Suffocating blackness consumes
Everything is covered in its fumes
You scream and cry
But you can only try
Mocking laughter can be heard

You turn your head, changing the mood
There is a tall man in a black hood
A wind picks up
You can no longer move
Innocence and reality you can not prove
The man lowers his hood
His face is finally revealed
And you probably squealed
For the man was Death himself

With one last struggle, with one last glance at beauty, you feel nothing at all."

Sun Hui recited perfectly. He, at the bottom of the paper, had written "The Enchanted Garden of Death" as the title.

To any person that wasn't Sun Hui, they could easily mistake it as either some kind of nature or spiritual poem. Sun Hui actually wanted to represent the idea that nothing lasts forever, even beauty and pureness. It wasn't nature, and it wasn't spiritual—it was a love poem. It was a kind of insecurity he felt around his lover. Soon, he would disappear, or Sun Hui will "die," at some point. In a way, this was their doom—their curse. They couldn't be together forever, as much as Sun Hui loved the notion. Perhaps if he reincarnates with him in every world it would be plausible, but alas, there was no use in predicting what would or could happen.

But unbeknownst to the Emperor, much to Sun Hui's triumph, he didn't realize that the beautiful poem was actually a love poem. If he did know what the poem really was about, he would probably either shield Sun Hui from further hurt and insecurities or go searching for the person that had enraptured him to the point of death.

Or maybe, he did know, but for some strange reason unlike the others, didn't show an ounce of care towards it.

"This is probably the best one yet," Du Qiang admitted, rapping his knuckles against the arm of his throne. "Were you holding back all this time?"

Sun Hui shook his head, "No, Your Imp—Du Qiang."

It was true. After writing more poems, he seemed to have gotten excessively better. Just so many ideas were popping in his head. Perhaps Wen Jingyi's original creativity was still around.

It's been approximately a month since they united their bodies. If Sun Hui remembered correctly, Zhu Xiuying was supposed to come two days ago to attempt getting into his bed.

"Did a woman, by chance, stop by?" SunHui asked, worry and stress etching his forehead.

The Emperor frowned before answering, "A woman? No. The only women in the palace are the maids. I no longer accept female visitors nor did I ever have a female over for other matters outside the chambers."

Sun Hui frowned. Why was she delaying? Was it his presence in the palace that threw her off? Was she intimidated by the fact he was always near? Was he a target, now, too? 

He needed a break. The female protagonist was more hostile and cunning than he thought. If she wasn't coming now, then when? Sun Hui couldn't prepare if she wasn't making any of her predictable moves.