3.5

*unedited*

I don't really like how this arc is going so far. I feel like everything is going too fast. So, there might be a week in the future where I take writing off and focus on editing. This is just a heads up. I'll make a separate author's note of this as well because I know the majority of you don't even bother to read this. Also, I'm still working on ways to write, so if the story ends up becoming more and more detailed as you progress through chapters, I apologize for such huge changes. I'll probably edit that too to make it have more flow. Remember this is an unedited draft, so there might be huge inconsistencies.

Sun Hui stared at the dead body before him, the tight, sunken skin having turned an off-white color as a sign it had started to rot. He had found the body on the way to London in an dusty, ashy back alley beside a green waste disposal dumpster can. From the little noticeable features, Sun Hui assumed it was a male child.

Clyde stood behind him, looking around impatiently.

"We should send a letter to Miss Caroline," Sun Hui said as he lifted up a black gloved hand and touched the engraving on the boy's chest. It was in the shape of an "x" over his heart, the same mark given to the victims of the massacre in the slums a few weeks ago. "He's getting hasty. Serial killers wait in between long intervals until their next victim. It's too soon."

In high school, Sun Hui enjoyed reading books about famous serial killers in history. While he may hate the fact of people being murdered at all, he still found the subject entertaining to learn about. Being physically involved in such a case gave him a thrill, even if innocents were dying. Being able to save future ones was satisfying enough right now. Thanks to the facts he learned from mystery books and serial killers from his original world, he was confident he could succeed. The original Richard did, anyway, but Sun Hui wanted to challenge himself and find the guy sooner.

He actually liked this world. Many of the cases, according to his memory, involved serial killings. He could finally be apart of his mysteries.

Childish and fantasy dreams aside, Sun Hui stood up, carrying the body in his arms. It was surprisingly light, but then again the body was no longer alive and had lost weight due to such reasons.

"Master, it's dirty—"

"And was once living. I'm taking it in to the London authorities, get the body identified and registered," Sun Hui explained. He then said with a sneer, "He's a child. I'm not going to leave him to rot and have some wandering fool stumble upon his beyond mutilated corpse by the time he's discovered."

Clyde stayed silent. His master seemed rather different...more...humble than before. He would guarantee that Richard would've left the child there and then brag about it to Caroline Jones rather than have the decency to alert and warn her.

He began to wonder if this was even Richard. Because right now he had thousands of emotions running through him that would've been embarrassing if it was indeed Richard.

He pleaded, "But Miss Jones? Surely she doesn't have to—"

"Caroline is a friend, now, Clyde. An ally of sorts. We need her, and we need her alive and on our side," Sun Hui said. He still didn't fully trust her, but he couldn't help but wonder if it was Jin Min. Perhaps she could even help him find Wang Shuo after this mess. But if it was Jin Min, he would be abandoning his hope to fulfill Richard's regret: exposing Caroline's secrets.

But it isn't Caroline. It's someone completely different. Perhaps I can get away with that by not having any of the original problems happening, Sun Hui pondered.

When they arrived back from London, Caroline was already waiting in front of the large white stoned manor, sitting on top of the marble concrete steps outside connected to the long porch.