2.7

*unedited*

You guys are probably going to hate me at the end of this chapter...heheh

Sun Hui couldn't be mistaken.

The Emperor kept having dreams about their last world, and for a split second Sun Hui could've sworn he saw just a slight glimpse of Wang Shuo's soul in the Emperor.

But now the question evolved. How was Wang Shuo here?

Sun Hui looked at his golden ring before kissing it and putting it in his drawer. After he is done with Zhu Xiuying, he'll reveal to the Emperor that he is the boy referred to in his dreams. He didn't want any problems in the way when he confessed to his love.

Today, Sun Hui was planning on getting the Emperor to promote Fan Jiahao. It's been another week since the Emperor found out his secret.

Currently, Sun Hui was in the throne room reciting a poem to Du Qiang like he had been doing for the past week. He found it suspicious. His poems were no longer delivered, but recited verbally. The Emperor never even took away the poem to be published. As soon as Sun Hui was done, they would usually eat and retire to their rooms.

He had a feeling that his poems were no longer being published. But what happened? Why weren't they getting published anymore?

Sun Hui cleared his throat, reciting another poem for the Emperor:

"Green leaves fall slowly
Clear water springs reflect nature
The sun beams and gleams"

(Quick note: I'm not good at writing about nature, lol)

Sun Hui made his voice a bit more enticing to add to the poetry. Du Qiang tapped his fingers on his chin before handing the piece of paper in his hands to Chen Bao, "You know what to do."

Sun Hui was outraged. Why would he publish that one and not the others? What was so different?

"So you publish that one, but not my other poems?" Sun Hui asked, his voice rising.

The Emperor just looked at him, "What do you mean?"

"For the past week, you just heard me say them. You never gave the paper to Chen Bao. Now, with this poem, you do?" Sun Hui gritted his teeth.

"That's because they were love poems," Du Qiang said, dismissing Chen Bao. "This one was solely nature."

"What's so wrong about the love poems?" Sun Hui asked.

The Emperor gracefully rose from his throne, making his way towards Sun Hui. He caressed his cheek. On normal circumstances he wouldn't really mind now that he knew who this was, but he was too angry to accept the caress this time around. He leaned away from the touch and glared at him.

Du Qiang narrowed his eyes, grabbing Wen Jingyi's chin, "Xiao Jingyi, don't back away from me."

"You belong to me. I shouldn't have to send out poems in the public if they're not made for the public. Do you understand?" he squeezed his chin.

"But they are made for the public," Sun Hui reasoned.

"Not if they're about love. No one should be allowed to read the love that doesn't go to them. You're my personal poet. The only love you have to share should be shared with me exclusively," Du Qiang said.

Oh, I get it now. He was jealous. But still...Sun Hui spoke, "But...what's the point then? If none of my poems were published—"

"If fame is what you're worried about, don't bother. Everyone should know that you're my personal poet, and I did publish your first poem. You have nothing to worry about," the Emperor said, running his hands through Wen Jingyi's long hair. "But I don't want to share your feelings with anyone except me. Just like how you belong to me, those poems also belong to me."