3.13

*unedited*

"I suggest we...are you two even paying attention?"

Caroline looked on aggravated as she watched Clyde and Sun Hui exchange hot glances every five seconds. She let them have their quickie, but it seemed even that wasn't enough to satisfy their burning desires! As much as she loved her two favorite victims go at it like bunnies, she felt like this matter was very serious and needed to be dealt with accordingly as soon as possible, not whenever the two felt like it!

Okay, and also...she might be a little jealous. Looking at the two of them gave her familiar vibes, but not just the nostalgia of watching them be like this before—she kept thinking of this one other man at the back of her head, a man she can't seem to remember no matter how much she tried to grasp his image. She only felt the presence, but she didn't see a face nor know any information about this man, just that it felt right when he was next to her. Was he even there with them? Or somewhere else?

"Sorry, Lady Caroline, please continue," Sun Hui said, looking at her straight-faced as if Clyde wasn't still giving him dark, dominant, and lustful gazes. Caroline's eye twitched before she let out a defeated sigh.

"As I was saying, a direct course of action needs to be taken now. We can't have Jack keep killing off innocent women, so the sooner we take him down the better," Caroline said. Of course, she also didn't feel comfortable having an out of character written serial killer run loose. She and Sun Hui had discussed the possible reasons of why the attack was early before, and although it could've just been a consequence of their actions, Caroline couldn't help but feel as if it was something more incomprehensible and dangerous. "I suggest Lord Richard is bait, as he's the most vulnerable looking. He can lure him in and—"

"Absolutely not," Clyde interrupted. "Lady Caroline, perhaps you're not aware that my young master had just started walking without his clutch?"

"Clyde, we really need to handle this. If I need to be bait, I'll do it," Sun Hui piped in.

"Are you courting death?" Clyde's eyes flashed with a dangerous light as his hand gripped the back of Sun Hui's neck in a firm, dominant, and possessive hold. "No means no!"

"Clyde—" Sun Hui was cut off short by the look Clyde gave him. It was a look that screamed "I dare you to defy me" and in the dark depths of it all it desperately cried out "Don't leave me!" 

Sun Hui turned to Caroline, "Maybe we should take a safer route? We can set a trap without anyone being the bait."

Clyde smiled, massaging the place he had gripped. He leaned down to his ear, lips brushing it as he whispered, "Good boy."

Sun Hui felt the blood rush to his face, immediately turning red. He shivered in excitement.

Caroline cleared her throat: "Ahem. I'm still here."

"Then maybe you should leave," Clyde growled.

"You wish," Caroline rolled her eyes. "Don't you think you've had enough sex while I was here?"

"C-Caroline!" Sun Hui blushed deep red.

"Whatever!" she sighed, getting up. "You're wasting my time."

She slammed the door behind her on her way out.
*****

A man clad in a black tailcoat and top hat with a gray cloth covering his mouth like a mask stood on the rooftop of the manor. He watched as a girl with brown hair and weird attire walked out of the mansion, climbing into a carriage that was already waiting for her in the front courtyard.

The man pulled down his cloth and placed a cigar in his mouth, the corner of his lips quirking up into a smirk as he watched the carriage ride off.

Another man joined him on the roof, glancing at the direction he was looking at in confusion. "Sir?"

The man pulled the cigar out of his mouth, covering it once again, and ground the butt of the cigar onto the floor of the roof, putting it off. He sat up from his position, not once looking at the man. "Did you do as I asked?"

"Yes, sir...but why are we doing this? I thought you wanted to be subtle so there would be no risk—"

"You can't go to the mouse, it'll get scared. You have to set up a trap and have the mouse come to you," the man simply said as if his answer was the most obvious in the world. "Keep doing what we talked about."

"Oh...and..." he said, finally turning around. Except, he didn't look at his accomplice. He completely brushed past him as if he was air.

"Um, sir? What else do you need?" the other man trembled.

"Caroline Jones. Look her up if you have to, but I want you to keep track of her," he said, reaching the edge of the roof.

"Why?" the other man was confused as ever.

He finally turned to look at his colleague, pulling down his mask to reveal a full toothed smile. He put a finger to his lips, "It's a secret I'm not willing to tell you."

And with that, he dropped down the roof.

Sorry for such a super late update! Got caught up doing homework and procrastinating. And sorry it's so short! I wanted to hurry up and update.
~Outcast