4.13

*unedited*

"So...this is your brother?" Professor Jordan narrowed his eyes and squinted at Jon, skeptical.

"Do you need to quiz me? I can tell you all the baby stories I can think of, particularly one when..."

"They don't need to know that!" Sun Hui interrupted, covering now his brother's mouth and laughing nervously.

"I don't know, I am kind of curious..." Dee sang-sung.

"How did you get here?" Professor Jon narrowed his gaze at Theo now.

"Same reason as you," Theo folded his arms and gave him a challenging stare. "It was interfering in the worlds I'm in charge of, but when I went to stop it I got into this mess and met this idiot."

"I-Idiot?" Ru's eyes widened before his face went red with anger. "Why, I ought to..."

"How come I didn't sense you?" Professor Jordan frowned.

"He was afraid some threat was about, so he cloaked us," Ru explained. "But it ended up being just you, which is why he let down his guard in case you caught it."

"That'd be why I started to feel something was off just recently," Professor Jordan mumbled to himself, bringing his hand up and under his chin in a thinking position.

"What exactly are your real names?" Sun Hui asked, curious. He realized he never asked for their real names before. "You all seem to be worshipped by the worlds you own. You have to have real names."

"I don't remember anything from my original life still," Dee appeared upset.

"I don't have one," Theo shrugged. "I'm more an entity than a god. Just something people believe in. But I have the powers, responsibilities, and title of a god."

"I'm not supposed to reveal my name," Professor Jordan smiled. "If I do, it can bring total destruction."

"At least we know you're the god of chaos," Sun Hui muttered under his breath.

"He's just being his usual cryptic trickster self," Dee rolled her eyes, then snapped her head to him. "You were joking, right?"

Professor Jordan shrugged, "I guess you'll never know, will you? I'm not telling you either way."

"Ass," Dee mumbled. "You're never straight forward."

"Isn't that the fun of it all?" Professor Jordan grinned.

Their phones dinged. Sun Hui picked his up, noticing a notification on the school's website. It was an alert about...

No, he really couldn't have, would he?

Yes, he would.

Dammit. Sun Hui wanted to bang his head on the nearest wall. He supposed Operation Prince Charming Search was a go.

The alert basically stated Wangzi Miren was looking for him to return the lost ring, and anyone who gave them a lead was awarded loads of money.

"You lost the ring?" Ru said after looking at his phone. "Did the shoe not work out?"

"There wasn't enough time to struggle to get it off," Sun Hui jerked his shoulder in a shrug. "I honestly prefer the sticky stuff Cinderella got stuck in on the steps over being held back by two burly men. I was surprised my jabs did anything to them."

Before anyone else can say another word, Sun Hui's phone rang again. But this time, it was his ringtone he had set for his step family upon arriving.

"They never call me," Sun Hui murmured. The only time his step family contacted him since he went to college was through his sisters'  antics and his step mother's annoying orders when he went home for the holidays (not like he had a choice, the dorms closed for breaks).