5.10

*unedited*

As Sun Hui stood in the kitchen, stirring the pot of soup, he felt the whole room go quiet behind him. He looked away from his boiling pot to glance at what created the sudden chilling silence.

Who he saw was Hou Feng, strutting into the kitchen with his cold, domineering gaze that commanded he room like a powerful general did his weak soldiers. Even the most scary looking inmates in the kitchen were intimidated by the cruel head warden. Hou Feng's gaze swept through everyone across the room, meeting them all straight in the eye for a second and no more, never lingering.

Suddenly feeling like Cinderella again, Sun Hui held his breath when Hou Feng's gaze finally met his. Now, Hou Feng's eyes lingered. They shone with subtle lust in their depths, looking at Sun Hui's face and glancing appreciatively down his body, his eyes holding for a few seconds longer at his nether region. The corner of Sun Hui's lip turned up as he waved the big wooden spoon in his hand around in a scolding yet teasing way as he winked at Hou Feng and turned back around to stir. He could feel Hou Feng glaring holes at his butt as his gaze never left his lower body. Such a pervert!

A gasp escaped him as suddenly the air was knocked out of him from two strong arms wrapping around him in a tight bear hug almost. The hands slowly moved down his arms, leaving tingles in their wake as they moved agonizingly slow, and to the spoon he held.

Guiding Sun Hui's hand, Hou Feng moved the spoon up from above his head and to his mouth. Sun Hui had to reach a little high and stand on his tip toes as Hou Feng was much taller. He stumbled a little, his back pressing into Hou Feng's front. Sun Hui could feel the steady rise and fall of his chest and the hitch of breath. He could feel the rapid beat of Hou Feng's heart against his spine.

Hou Feng sipped from the spoon, not even blowing on it. Then, smacking his lips lightly together as if testing out the flavor, he hummed gently. "It tastes different from the usual soup..."

"F-Feng!" Sun Hui whisper-hissed. "That's not sanitary! I'm going to need a new spoon now..."

"Feng?" Hou Feng asked, cocking his head. "When did I give you permission to call me by name?"

Sun Hui suddenly blushed red. He didn't think his words through carefully enough. It just came naturally. He was so used to calling his husband familiarly by name. But he never asked if he could actually do so yet in this world. "That..."

Hou Feng only chuckled, placing the spoon down to the side by guiding Sun Hui's hand again. When the spoon was down, he interlocked their fingers. A shiny golden ring clashed with the silver ring. His hand was large compared to Sun Hui's and almost engulfed it completely. Hou Feng placed his chin on the top of Sun Hui's head, resting. His breath fanned Sun Hui's hair gently, making it blow slightly. "It's alright. I like when you say my name. Only you can call me so familiarly and affectionately."

"There's people around!" Sun Hui scolded again.

"No, there's not," came Hou Feng's swift, cocky reply.

"What do you me—" Sun Hui abruptly cut off when he glanced to his right, left, and behind him. There was no one in the kitchen besides him and Hou Feng. When did they leave? He hadn't even heard them step out! Did Hou Feng somehow made them get out?

"What soup is this?" Hou Feng questioned again when Sun Hui gave in.

"Huh? Oh. Um, I hope you don't mind...I suddenly had a craving for my mom's soup and decided to make it when I saw we had the ingredients..." Sun Hui bashfully said, embarrassed. His voice was a mumble. In the kitchen, he had a sudden wave of homesickness and felt immediate joy upon finding the familiar ingredients in the prison pantry to make his mom's homemade soup. It was often given to him and Ru when they were sick, but the two brothers loved the soup so much they often had it when they weren't sick as well. It was pretty basic, but it had been made by their mom and that alone made it special. He knew if Ru was here right now and knew what he was making, he would have want the soup.