3.2

*unedited*
*grumbles about how stupid band is, how stupid the band is, how stupid the band teacher is, how stupid band homework is, how much smart music is the devil incarnate*
*falls asleep because lately my body has been automatically doing so against my will*
Oh, hi, here's a super late update after a stressful amount of time spent on something impossible to work with...and falling asleep. I don't understand. Lately I've been falling asleep around 10 and waking up somewhere in the one o'clock hour. I don't even realize I fell asleep until I wake up. I think my body is starting to give out...ugh. It's really starting to prevent me from doing stuff.

Sun Hui couldn't get over the fact that he was a yet another child, an eighteen year old boy. He knew that during this time, marrying at such a young age was legal but...he had no way of knowing if his husband was here, and if he was, would he marry a man. Unfortunately, a gay couple rose eyebrows in the nineteenth century.

Anyways, Sun Hui decided to focus more on the plot first and keep away from any potential threats and disturbances. He'd go searching for his husband after the main plot is settled with.

"Your pie, milord, topped with a filling that I had the pleasure of inventing. Sided with a freshly picked apple from the garden," the butler bowed, sliding the plate delicately onto the desk.

Sun Hui took note that this man really loved his hobbies. He was like a huge nature and food nerd, listing all the facts and statistics that make those subjects so great.

Sun Hui blankly stared at the food, programming his memory to see how far he was in the plot. He had already been assigned as a watchdog, but the mission that caused his death didn't take place until a few months later. Until then, he had several missions in between. There was hardly any breaks for a watchdog. He only got sometime off to catch up with his studies and businesses (he apparently was apart of a family who owned several businesses around the world, and thus he took them all up when his parents died three years ago in a carriage accident).

This guy had no childhood, poor kid, Sun Hui thought gloomily.

"Master! Are you not listening to me again?" Clyde's eye twitched sporadically in deep annoyance.

"I...I...what?" Sun Hui cleared his throat. Even if he could easily speak English now, it still felt really weird to him and was like as if he hadn't spoken in ages.

Clyde narrowed his eyes suspiciously, "Are you sick again, milord? Maybe you shouldn't be eating—"

"I'm fine, you nanny. I was just caught off guard," Sun Hui dismissed rudely. He honestly didn't like being rude to anyone unless provoked, but Richard seemed to have abused his butler quite a lot. Strange. Why did the butler stick around until even beyond death to avenge it with the kind of treatment he got?

Unless it was...Stockholm Syndrome? Was the guy in love with the master? Sun Hui pondered. But then that would mean...no, he can't! My heart belongs to only one person. Sorry, fancy butler, but you'll have to go if that's the case!

But right now he seems pretty annoyed with me, on borderline hate. How was this the guy who avenged the original owner? Sun Hui furiously wondered. This wasn't making any sense.

"Master! Can you please stop drifting off like that!" the butler seethed.

"Indeed, I must. We got another mission to do soon, correct? Let's think of new strategies to defeat that insolent woman," Sun Hui mused, snapping his attention back to Clyde.

Clyde pursed his lips into a thin line: "How about you just eat and and do your studies. Call me if you need assistance with anything."

Now he was acting all distant yet caring? What was wrong with this ridiculous man?

Sun Hui deduced that the butler must be bipolar. It would explain why he was so irritated with him, but remained loyal all the way to the literal very end.

Then Sun Hui realized: maybe the world was on a higher level, therefore on a higher complexity than others. After all, this is a plot where everyone dies and everything goes down to Hell.

Worlds had different levels to label their difficulty and complexity. The other worlds he's been too so far with his newfound freedom have only been B-levels. B-levels were fairly easy and less chaotic. Sun Hui could tell that this was at most an A-level. While A-levels weren't the highest level, they were still fairly hard to go through and everyone's emotions were constantly out-of-wack. It's because that the chaos level is so high, it affects everyone around it.

Damn, I didn't think I'd advance so soon, Sun Hui gritted his teeth in annoyance. It's definitely going to be hard to find Wang Shuo in this mess!

[SOME ANGST WARNING]
Yeah, I know it's kinda short. But I want time to make a really long side story update so bare with me. Next main chapter will be longer!
P.S. this arc is probably gonna be super slow paced. It'll have some angst, too. A little bit. The real angsty arc will happen  later.
~Outcast