3.10

*unedited*

~~Violence and Gore Trigger~~
(AN: descriptions and mentions throughout chapter)

A woman laid on the worn down road, separated from the crowd that wanted nothing to do with the body. They left a huge space between them, the surrounding area all clear. It was like she was a spectacle, one that was so tragic and horrid yet too intriguing to look away from.

Her corset was stained with dark red blood, her throat cut open. The slash went down vertically to her chest. The gash was obviously deep enough for someone to be able to easily pull out some organs, as left by the trail of entrails hanging out of her chest and spread across the ground. Next to her was what must have been her heart, as it was a big red blob that looked separated and cleaner than the rest. Underneath it were chilling words written in some kind of substance: "The Queen's Reign is no more."

According to the original's memories, the murderer was basically this world's version of Jack the Ripper. Jack the Ripper was a British serial killer who murdered specifically prostitutes. His method was usually a "dissection" of sorts. He would pull out the organs from inside the body. But he did it so cleanly and strategically, almost as if he knew exactly how the organs functioned and how to get them out, that detectives assumed the killer had to have some kind of medical field experience, typically a surgeon of sorts. Despite numerous cases, he was never found out. Several theories were and still are around about who was really Jack the Ripper, each similar but oh so different from the last. Although from the Victorian era in his futuristic world, his brother, again, was a huge nerd when it came to anything ancient English, whether it was Britain or America (as the two countries were often connected in events). Sun Hui himself, though, loved reading and a good mystery thriller. Jack the Ripper was one of his favorite historical figures to analyze.

In this world, Jack the Ripper's identity was compromised by Richard Ramon and brought to justice (more like had stolen) by Caroline Jones. Jack the Ripper was actually a man named "Jack" Stevenson who was born in the slums to a prostitute mother. His mother got better pay than the others, and was highly reviewed and a fan favorite. The other prostitutes, with slums being an extremely chaotic and fragile place in some parts, were unsurprisingly easily drowned in intense jealousy and immense hatred. They had killed his mother with their bare hands in front of him. He eventually escaped and decided to be someone different than a slum boy. Jack's initial plan was to become a doctor so that way the past didn't haunt him anymore. He was guilt ridden, and he thought that becoming a doctor in order to save lives and to prevent events such as that from happening would ease his consciousness. Unfortunately, while treating a prostitute one day, he conducted an accidental malpractice. He soon discovered that seeing the life of someone who had killed his mother was more satisfying than saving some total stranger's life. It would never change the fact that his mother died and he did nothing about it. But punishing the prostitutes the same way they did his mother gave him such satisfaction and a thirst for more blood.

But overall, he blamed the queen for having slums that influence violence in the first place. He had formed a group of other serial killers along the way, all with the similar goal of taking down the queen in the end. They were called "The Syndicate" collectively. If his memory was right, Sun Hui was already at the point where the only one left was Jack.

But it was too early for the attack. In the original plot, he would have made his first big threatening move in a few months. But that wasn't the only thing: Jack never left messages in fear of being caught.

Sun Hui couldn't tell if Jack was getting desperate...or if he was in the system. Everything was too drastic from the plot—there was no way this was the effects of an A world.