Chapter Six | First World

[ 6 ]

The only way ShuNing could possibly save ChuntaoMei was to manipulate XeLeader. The man, who was currently filled with sinister thoughts, now had no intentions of killing the petrified girl on the ground. As previously planned with ChuntaoLing, ShuNing intended to appear to throw them under the bus, which didn't matter anyway, since they intended to leave right after the trial.

Keeping ChuntaoMei in the dark was for the best. Her horror-filled expression as she looked between the XeLeader and him was genuine, and only added oil to the flame within the tyrant.

"Clearly the mad bitch underestimated you." XeLeader stated, referring to ShuWeng, as he rose from his chair. His long, regal red robes trailed slightly behind him as he moved.

As ever, no one could predict what the man would say or do, so they could only watch on with tension in their shoulders. XeLeader stepped down from the slight platform where his chair was located and stalked around silently.

"Hmph," XeLeader released a breath, appearing to have come to a decision. ",the Chuntao family are a thorn in my side. Any opportunity to rid of them is always welcome." He whirled around, now facing the trembling girl who no longer had the courage to lift her head.

"As of now, ChuntaoMei, you are banished from XeClan. I will also treat your treasonous action as one agreed to by the remainder of your family." He concluded, to the horror of the girl who was oblivious to the plans already set in motion.

She had come here today to speak the truth, in hopes that she would take the punishment on her own shoulders and not bring any further shame to her family, but that idea had seriously back-fired. Now she could only imagine the faces of her family members when she returned. Her limbs were numb as her heart thumped sickeningly-fast within her chest. Her eyes were swollen and the hair around her face matted with tears.

"Please, please don't punish my family for my selfish, stupid actions." She begged but her words came out as partial spluttering as she continued to weep.

XeLeader eyed the girl, in her pathetic state and turned away, his long coal black hair swayed behind him. "You are an eyesore. Leave whilst I still allow you to with all your fingers intact." His words were far from being an idle threat.

ShuNing, who had remained patient as he watched it play out, glanced down to the girl. Urging her to get up and run, but only so much could be said through an emotionless gaze. Thankfully, she wasn't entirely dim, as she pushed herself up to her feet and with a wobble she slowly made her escape.

Everyone watched, bar the key figures of this trial, and when she disappeared from sight everyone's attention again snapped back to XeLeader. The man was calmly pacing but didn't do so for long as he turned his attention to the unnaturally-silent Chief Advisor, and summoned him closer.

The elder man leant his ear for the XeLeader to speak, and after a few mutterings he straightened up.

"As the boy stated, spread the rumour." XeLeader ordered with a flick of his wrist, as he swiftly averted his attention then to his warriors. Awaiting their orders, the strongest and most talented few perked up.

"Accompany Fu BaoLi to her wing, we will have words shortly."

With the use of her maiden name, the middle-aged woman knew she wouldn't be able to sweet-talk her way out of this punishment. Her dark eyes cut to the warriors who now moved without hesitation. There was no doubt in her mind that if she didn't go willingly, they would rip her from her very seat. To keep whatever remnants of pride she had left after this disaster, she stood up.