Chapter Fifty-Four | Second World

[ 54 ]

[ Warning: Contains content some may find upsetting. ]

Escaping was hard. As Hisaya had imagined, but it was particularly difficult as his little bun refused to physically let him go. Then it was the case of whether or not he really wanted to leave, especially when he was looked at through big, water-brimming silver eyes. It was a big challenge, but he eventually managed to escape after promising to come again- little did Asahi actually know that Hisaya was going to be a permanent fixture in his life from now on.

The second issue, was then Ryōichi, who was equally as reluctant to let him leave. But when Asahi wasn't looking, Hisaya managed to persuade his 'papa' very easily. Along with the extended promise of meeting up for their 'date', which the older man seemed to be quite excited about.

Leaving the building, Hisaya made sure that no one planned to go to his apartment; thinking mainly of Yoshiaki who liked to pop up, before heading home himself. From what he saw on the cameras, his guest had already raided the fridge, but thankfully didn't touch any of his goodies. Because he'd hidden them away- he wasn't stupid.

When he entered the building, other than the one security member who popped up to notify him about his guest, Hisaya didn't see anyone. And after the short journey up in the lift, the doors opened to a pair of grubby, discarded shoes that had been carelessly abandoned.

Hisaya sighed, having come from an angelic child to an unruly one, he really was being tested. With the tip of his shoe he pushed the worn-pair of trainers together and out of the way of the entrance. He slipped off his coat, hanging it up before going on the hunt. The small heels on his shoes echoed on the wood panels.

He found the youngster in the kitchen, sat at the island with various combinations of food in front of him. Though 'Red' looked healthier than the last time he'd seen him, he didn't look any fatter. Which wasn't necessarily a good thing.

The only obvious thing that had grown, was the teens lovely hair. It was definitely tamer-looking, as opposed to the birds-nest lookalike that it once was. Then again, he couldn't exactly play the victim so well if he looked like he'd been cared for. But Hisaya was glad to see he looked well, but more curious why he was there.

Red wasn't a kid you could force answers out of, he did things at his own speed, so Hisaya didn't speak as he grabbed two mugs and brewed some water. When he turned, Red was looking at him intently. So he raised a brow, urging him on.

"I did knock." The teen defended.

Hisaya wasn't angry, far from it, "I gave you the key for you to use, Red, I don't mind that you're here, I'm just worried that your sudden visit means you're unwell." He explained simply, pouring some tea.

"I couldn't stand it," Red eventually admitted, glaring down at his plate, "the false niceties, the clear manipulation. It made me sick seeing how the others lapped it up."

Hisaya's expression pinched, recognising the face of someone reliving something traumatic. His feet moved, and he ended up right beside Red, wrapping his arms around the reluctant youth. The one that had boasted his 'tough act' to him a few weeks before. One that Hisaya thought would bode well for them getting the gossip- but now he felt sick, wondering what it was that he'd put Red through.

The boy protested, as Hisaya knew he would, but was determined to give him the support he needed. And slowly but surely, after realising he wasn't going to be let free, Red mellowed and slumped into the older Omega's arms.

"If something happened to you," Hisaya whispered, "then tell me, and I won't hesitate to storm in there and rip them to shreds."

Red tilted his head back, looking at him through dark eyes, then a red brow quirked. "With your girly arms?"