Chapter Eight | First World

[ 8 ]

XeTown was completely different from last time. It was now brimming with life. Shop owners were trading happily with the flurry of customers passing by, many were chatting and laughing in their own little worlds.

When they approached, ShuNing's attention was drawn to the long-boats that filled the river. Upon them was a large variety of produce of all colours, shapes and sizes. Whilst some items held a semblance to foods from his original world, there were others that left him completely mystified.

Although XeTown housed many affluent individuals and families, their appearances were nothing alike the notorious pretty-faced few within the walls of XeClan. Even to adorn the sigil of XeClan was deemed aristocratic. What ShuNing was blissfully unaware of, was that the fur embedded onto his collar came from a particular animal that was only hunted every three years. This particular animal, which was wolf-like, only moved in small packs, which meant that even when hunted, the quantity of fur wasn't large. Making it highly desirable to those wishing to obtain a large enough piece to make clothing.

This was common knowledge, to people from this world, so it was understandable when eyes fell upon the startling youth wearing a decent amount of said fur around his neck. ShuNing instead, was eyeing up anything that he could circle back to buy later on. More specifically, anything edible.

The one who was very much aware, and slightly wary for his master's well-being, was GuangBai. The youth was walking alongside his young master, who massively overshadowed him in terms of looks. GuangBai wasn't in any way bothered by this, because he himself already had a crush on Shu Ning even though they had only known each other for numerous hours.

After entering into the town, ShuNing had released the teen from his cloak, and yet the two of them had somehow laced their fingers together and just continued on like this. Whilst the older of the two held onto the little bun's hand so he didn't loose him in the approaching crowds of people, GuangBai's heart was almost visible as it thumped rapidly.

"MianMian, where is the best place to sell jewellery?"

Though GuangBai came from a poor background, just like the many servants working for XeClan, he was well aware of the elite shops within town, so with ShuNing's hand locked with his own, he obediently led the way through the swarm of people that was steadily building with the passing morning.

They walked for a short time before stopping in front of one of the most well-kept taverns in the surrounding area. What helped identify this establishment as a pawnbrokers was the table just inside the door that showcased a vast amount of jewels of all different colours.

ShuNing entered first, his attire immediately drawing the interest of the one man currently working there.

Completely bypassing the glinting rocks that were the main focal point of the room, the young man made his way over to the furthest shelves of the small building. ShuNing was in awe, but not from the items that looked the same, if not similar to things in his original world, but the standalone ones that were to the back.

His eyes scanned the writing that was identifying each object, and his expression became increasingly mesmerised. "Young master?" GuangBai asked softly.

"Mianmian, are these real?" ShuNing couldn't help but ask, sparing his little companion a look before returning his attention to the shelves in front.

"I can promise the young master that all items within my shop are one-hundred percent authentic." The owner chimed in, the edge of his tone snippy, sounding a tad offended by ShuNing's question.