Chapter Sixty-Three | Second World

[ 63 | End ]

As it turned out, Noriaki intended to surprise him that day, and ended up walking into the trashed apartment and getting an eye-full of him being strangled. So when they eventually reunited, Noriaki burst into tears as he wrapped his arms around Hisaya. They were both emotional wrecks by the end of their consoling chat.

When he was allowed to leave the hospital, Ryoichi had already intricately planned everything. Compared to how many cameras intended to pitch up a tent outside the hospital and wait for Hisaya to appear, in the end there was only a handful, and they gave the recovering-patient a wide berth out of respect- and fear of repercussions from the Alpha who walked by his side, supporting him as they did.

Soon after, Ryoichi had asked Hisaya whether or not he wanted to go to court, to see Hiromasa get charged with the steadily-building case that was keeping the investigators very busy. But Hisaya said he didn't, he was only satisfied that he'd managed to have Hiromasa taken down, he'd take no gratification sitting around and listening to all his charges being read out.

Hisaya had spent far too much time on someone else, and all he wanted to do was curl up with his little bun, and his lover and live out the rest of the time that was generously given by System. But before he could do that, he gave numerous statements, and was very open with the police when they eventually got around Yoshiaki.

Given the attack, the judge allowed Hisaya to be absent from the trial, for two clear reasons, one of them being the Omega's mental health. He had come close to dying, and everyone respected that he wouldn't like to be in close-proximity to the man who was the aggressor; no matter if he was cuffed. And then there was the second reason, the confident knowledge by the judge, who knew the trial would be a long-lasting one- it tended to be when people had a large oncoming downfall. Everyday, more evidence piled up and was added, and so the judge had no hesitations in granting Hisaya the permission to remain out of the court-room.

As for everyone else, who could only vent their anger through the internet towards the disgraced Alpha, they wanted more than anything to be in that very same court-room. And that's when a petition appeared, one which gathered millions of signatures within the first twenty-four hours. The petition was calling for the trial to be broadcasted on live television. And though there was some reservations in the beginning, due to the sheer pressure from the public-outcry; it was granted.

One of the loudest voices was the advocate Ayako Chiharu, whose confidence had grown tenfold. The children were safely under her care, and better than ever. Things were beginning to change, and she was right at the front demanding it happen. Her charity became one of the most influential within such a short space of time. She was ruthless towards people who tried to undermine her, and a saint in the eyes of those who need her. Hisaya gave her all the freedom with the company, placing all of his faith in her, and though she was initially nervous because she was given a shiny card filled with money, she made all the right decisions and invested where necessary. The once small, dilapidated charity became a beautiful estate within the bustling outskirts of the Commercial District.

And with her abundance of success, there was no way she was going to allow Hiromasa the chance of escaping. So she joined the many who protested against the man outside of the court, scorning him and his 'people' who believed they could get away with their crimes. And in response, those working the case felt the bountiful supply of stress, thus doing everything they could to throw Hiromasa behind bars.

As expected, Hiromasa denied everything. Even when presented with clear evidence, he turned a blind eye. The only thing he did plead guilty to, was the attempted murder of Hisaya. But even after that he had something to say, words that made Ryoichi's blood boil when Yoshiaki told him.