Chapter One Hundred & Seventeen | Fourth World

[ 117 ]

Although their activities had switched from something so passionate, to talking leisurely, there was still something whimsical dancing in the eyes of the man lying on the bed beside Finch. As he ran his fingertips up and down Finch's sensitive skin to convey an act of someone listening, there was a small yet distinct change in the deity's attitude.

Following their mind-blowing session, unlike Finch who was understandably exhausted given his mortal limbs, Zephyr seemingly suppressed a tinge of excitement. But he wouldn't give the younger man time to ponder it, as he embraced Finch familiarly and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. The actions of a man carelessly trying to conceal his secrets.

Though Fahren was certain of one thing, confirmation vibrating down to his very core, he still felt like something was off. He sat up in the bed, his dishevelled brown hair pooling down over his shoulders as he looked at the man whom many worshipped. Unlike when they first met, when the man shared his wanton expression, along with the attitude of someone who only wished to aid, Zephyr's personality had most definitely contorted.

Then again, Finch noted, it was very unlikely that someone would be able to shift their personalities so dramatically. Plastering a semblance of a smile on ones face and playing timid was easier than aggravating others by being cocky. If not for Finch being an exception, he doubted Zephyr would reveal such a shift to anyone— especially not those who hung on his every word.

"You're a big thinker, my love." The low, tempting voice brought Finch out of his thoughts and reminded him that he was still staring at the deity. In fact, they were both looking at each other without a shred of hesitation, but both with such different thoughts and their own tightly-bound mysteries.

And so, Finch responded sweetly, "Can you blame me? Given what I just experienced."

Zephyr summoned a robe and the fabric embraced his body, hanging loosely. He turned so he lay on his side, head being propped up by his hand. His dark eyes which currently only held a hint of green, were watching Finch like a predator. But Finch found it hard to be defensive when his mouth was watering.

One of the deity's legs was propped up while the other lay flat; fabric deliberately slipping inwards towards the man's groin and exposing delicious skin. Though the man looked irresistible when unclothed, when his healthily glowing bronzed skin was being caressed by the softest of fabrics, it almost made Finch's mortal eyes burn.

"Your thoughts are— of course— your own, but I just hope you enjoyed it as much as you say." Zephyr revealed, without an inkling of implication, as he kept up a smile. "From here on, I don't want to hear or see an act. I want to see you."

Finch blinked innocently while Fahren grumbled a few things to himself. They both mellowed and the young man nodded his head. "I understand, but I really did enjoy it."

Regardless of if this man was his lover, Finch just couldn't relax. Not when there was so many questions. Ones the man clearly, by the way he currently flaunted himself, didn't wish to answer. As was usually the case, following an order from the benevolent god, it was usually covered up by the man turning ever so sweet.

With his free arm, he opened it and gestured for Finch to snuggle closer. Given that the younger of the two was completely naked and on top of the covers, he willingly got closer in order to steal the man's heat. As per usual, their bodies fit perfectly and their legs lightly wrapped together. Finch tucked his head into the man's chest and closed his eyes, inhaling the scent of lotus flowers from the bath.

Being so close, he could hear the strong heart beat, feel the warm blood flowing through the man's body. Every indicator that the man was alive and real.