Chapter Fifty-Two | Second World

[ 52 ]

The whiskey 'glugged' as it was poured into two small glasses. Ryōichi was confident with his quantities, as he'd had the drink a fair few times in the past. But he still held back, making sure that what he gave Hisaya wouldn't be enough to make the young omega forget how to walk.

The whiskey was a strong brand, and one typically drunken by middle-aged Alphas when doing business. Ryōichi wished he didn't conform to that stereotype, but he couldn't deny he had a taste for the drink. And since Hisaya wanted to try a bit too, he happily obliged.

In the grand apartment, there were two living areas. One in which Asahi ruled the roost, and the second was one that his father took pride in. Well, mostly it was because it was the lone room he had to himself. Even the man's bedroom had various toys lurking around, acting as land-mines for him to step on.

But it was the space that Ryōichi often retreated to once he'd put his son to bed. Where he'd pour himself a drink and relax for the first time in his long day. Hidden away in the drawers, was his treasure-trove. And it was something he was more than willing to show to Hisaya.

Photo albums!

After pouring their drinks, Ryōichi returned over to Hisaya, who was laid on his belly on the ground, smiling at the thick book in his hands. The reason he was there in the first place, was so he could get as close as he could to the electric fireplace. Something that never bothered the Alpha, who preferred being cold than warm. Whilst the younger man was the opposite.

With the two glasses in one hand, Ryōichi grabbed two cushions from the sofas and joined Hisaya in front of the fireplace. Hisaya tore his gaze away from the abundance of pictures that were taken just after Asahi was born. Though the man might not have been able to hold him, it didn't stop him from snapping a picture every time the infant breathed.

Which only increasingly lightened Hisaya's mood, and perception of the man. "Thanks," he smiled, taking the offered drink and pillow; which he put underneath his torso.

"Cheers," Ryōichi tapped their glasses together, "to.. the right direction." He struggled to think of something, but it made Hisaya laugh anyway.

"To the right direction." He repeated, and they both took a sip of their drink. Hisaya's face pinched slightly, then he cleared his throat. After a few moments, he whistled. Pulling the glass away from him, and swirling the liquid inside, Hisaya shook his head.

"Potent."

Ryōichi, with the pillow propped under his arms, rested his head on his hand and looked in Hisaya's direction, he was already grinning at the reaction to the whiskey. "I don't recommend it as one to drink as an introduction to alcohol."

Hisaya pursed his lips. "I prefer a fine wine, not a drink that tastes like cardboard." He defended but the older man was far from offended, he smiled, enjoying the sound of Hisaya's voice.

Even so, in not much time, they both managed to finish their glass. They inched closer to one another as they looked through the photographs, laughing on more than one occasion. Hisaya felt immensely relaxed, whether it was a combination of the warmth from the fire and the whiskey, he didn't know, but he definitely didn't fight it.

Neither did he swat Ryōichi away, whose fingers gently threaded through his hair. When the man applied slightly pressure to a point just behind his ear, Hisaya moaned. His eyes lost focus on the book in front of him, and so he closed them. With his head tilted back ever so slightly, his throat was exposed, and the man beside him took advantage of that.

Ryōichi ghosted his lips up the nape of his neck, every now and then allowing his lips to touch the tinted skin. He didn't stop his precise head massage, which was blissful for the one receiving it. When his lips reached the tip of Hisaya's ear, he gave it a gentle kiss.