Chapter Twenty-Six | First World

[ 26 ]

The young master stood perfectly still as Guang Bai and the other fellow servants went about getting Shu Ning ready. The alterations, that the youngest servant made, were faultless and aided to pinch the fabric around the waist to emphasise the youth's figure.

Shu Ning looked straight ahead, not looking at anything in particular, as his outfit was prepped, his lengthy black hair was brushed and then styled appropriately. Although the atmosphere was light, with the hard-working servants dashing about, ShuNing's mood was far from it. The young man was in agony.

The robe was heavy, his hair was heavy, he had been standing in the same spot for ages and he hadn't eaten in hours!

His pouting was expertly hidden right up until the last moment when the Chief Advisor, Kang Guiren, was due. The two older servants tottered off to prepare for his reception, and ShuNing whimpered to Mianmian.

"Young master, you won't have an appetite if you eat now." The little bun repeated for the umpteenth time; to the mesmerising-youth's utter displeasure. The lips that had been tinted a light shade of pink curved downwards and the brushed sword-eyebrows followed suit.

"Master, stop that, you will disturb the powder." Mianmian whined in return, resulting in two young men complaining back and forth until one of them gave in. ShuNing smiled pleasantly, attractively, as he licked his lips having devoured a handful of biscuits. Which was quickly followed by a re-application of the tint to his lips.

"En, that will sate me for a short while."

Short while? Mianmian lamented, the young master had almost finished the fresh batch that the little servant had only just made that morning.

Shortly after, as promised, Elder Kang arrived. ShuNing walked down the hall to greet the older man, who stopped and stared when he arrived. The usual guards were present alongside their master, and they too, were taken aback by the sight of the young master.

These particular guards, although classified as XeLeader's warriors, had found themselves attending the affairs related to the youth. This meant sticking to the side of Kang Guiren, who didn't batter an eyelid at their obvious display.

"Elder Kang" ShuNing greeted, inclining his head before approaching the man, who had reformed his look of surprise with a pleased smile.

"Little Shu, you look exquisite."

"You flatter me, but you also look just as regal."

The older man was clearly surprised by his choice of words, but didn't refute them, instead he chuckled lightly and accepted the strange compliment. The little one continued to amaze, and surprise him at every turn.

"Come, our transportation awaits."

"Transportation? We're not walking?"

ShuNing was oblivious to the pitiful glances that the aristocratic-man and his guards gave him, but as Elder Kang didn't wish to offend the little one he simply guided him out of the estate, without saying a word just yet.

Dark eyes widened in wonder at the side of a very large horse pulling a roofed-carriage. It was a much fancier version of the one he had taken along with ZhangFeng on their journey. This one though, was definitely fitted out to be used by one of the most high-ranking individuals within the clan.

Turning to the side, ShuNing smiled at Elder Kang and waited for him to step up first. This was common etiquette, which the older man seemed to much appreciate. Brushing passed, he stepped up and once seated, even offered a hand to Little Shu.