CHAPTER 2

I wake up to the light shining straight into my eye. I squint rubbing my eyes. I definitely needed to get some blinds before anything. I will not tolerate that. I sigh rolling over and grabbing my glasses and then my phone from the small table I set up beside my bed.
I had some texts and Instagram notifications. I ignore the texts and go onto Instagram and I see a bunch of photos of my friends from Arizona at ASU. My closest friends all went to ASU.

I turn my phone off and get off my bed and head to the washroom. I closed the door and brushed my teeth. We had to share our shower with our neighbours. That's why there was this spare door next to our toilet and sink. I brush my teeth after I pee and put in my contacts for today.
It was Saturday. Classes started Monday, so I had 2 days to explore campus and.... California. There was a knock on the shower door. I stare at it and open it and there was a tall guy, standing there, shirtless and pantless, in boxers. He looks down and smirks. His hair was dark brown, hazel eyes and a square chiseled jaw. He definitely worked out, and he was hot honestly. What male specimen did I not think was hot though!?

  "Hello," he says and a deep voice.
  "Hi," I mumble. "Can I help you?" I asked.
  "I wanted to see who we'd be sharing the shower with," he tells me. "And it's my lucky day," he adds. "I'm Scott," he introduces putting his hand out.
  "I'm Liv," I put mine out but my tooth brush was in it so I shake his hand backwards with my other hand he laughs.
  "Great meeting you Liv," he says.
  "Yeah. See you in the shower sometime Scott," I said back and he laughs again.
  "Hopefully," he nods.
  "Liv, you almost done in there!" I heard Rachael. I turn and open the door.
  "I was just talking to our neighbour..." I mutter and she walks in and sees the guy her eye's widen.
  "The one's we'll be sharing the shower with," she says he smiles.
  "Yeah. Us. I'm Scott," he says.
  "Rachael," she replies shaking his hand. She glances at herself in the mirror and looks at me.
  "I'm gonna change, I'm going out" I said. "Bye Scott," I wave and leave them.

I go to the closet where I had already set up my clothes. I grab a tank top and some ripped denim jeans. I head over to my bed. I unpacked and fixed most of my stuff. But I still had a bit more than I wanted to add. I changed into the clothes and grabbed my Dickies backpack. I grab my vans and open the washroom door and Rachael was talking to herself.
"I'm going out," I tell her she looks at me.
"I look like trash and that guy was fucking hot," she tells me and I laugh.
"So what, you don't look that bad" I shrug she sighs.
"Where are you going?" She asks.
"I don't know. I just know I need a coffee," I tell her she nods.
"Kay, see you later" she tells me I nod and close the door. I slip on my vans grab my phone and head out. I close the door making sure my key is in my backpack. The door across opens and Alex walks out. He sees me and opens his mouth to say something but I just turn and walk to the elevator.

I press the first floor and Alex makes it into the elevator.
"Dude, hold the elevator!" Someone says and Alex holds it open. Isaac walks in and he looked amazing. He was wearing joggers, like the tighter sweatpants and a white t-shirt. He looks at me and then at Alex. He probably knew, and I hated that. Alex looks at me but I watch the floor numbers move painfully slow down to the first floor. I pull out my phone and go onto Instagram trying to preoccupy myself until I hear the floor ding. The doors open and Alex walks out first and me and Isaac bump into each other as we head out.

  "Sorry," he says.
  "It's okay, I wasn't looking" I mutter with a shrug.
  "See you around," he grins.
  "Sure," I nod and I saw Alex turn and watch. Isaac steps away and they leave together. I sigh heading out.

Since it was only still like August and so that pretty much meant another month of summer. Arizona's hotter so I can deal.
Now. Nearest coffee shop, I need one.

~

My day was eventful. I made myself comfortable with the campus, found a good coffee shop like right next to it. Got myself some blinds and I made myself comfortable with California.