CHAPTER 30

It was Saturday, and you know what the means. Halloween party, that Rachael is too excited for.
When the afternoon rolled by, Rachael decided it was time to start getting ready. Parties weren't until 7:30-8:00.
But I decided to try on my Spider-Man suit.
"Whatcha think?" I ask Rachael the mask in my hand.
"Ooh," she grins. "Your body looks so good in that suit," she tells me. "That ass doesn't quit."
I laugh. It was a Spider-Man suit, so it was tight on the skin. At least it was comfortable and didn't make me feel like I was closed in too bad.
"Look at how cool this is," I point out. "It actually comes with a spider web shooter that just shoots out strings. But still really cool!" I said.
"Nice," she laughs. "It fits your body so nice dude."
"Thanks. I'm gonna go scare Isaac," I put my mask on and she laughs.
I get out my phone and text him.

ME: you at your dorm?

ISAAC: yep
ISAAC: Alone. Wanna hang out?

ME: no
ME: hold on

ISAAC: okay lol

I leave my room and quietly opened his door. I get in and then I walk and do a summersault into the room and stand pressing the button to spit the web out at Isaac.
"Haha!" I said and he laughs.
"Spider-Man!" He says. "With real web-shooters."
"I know cool right!!" I said. "It's just string but still."
"Still cool," he nods.
"So, whatcha think?" I spin.
"You look hot," he tells me.
"You don't even see my face," I states.
"That's because I think Spider-Man's hot," he jokes and I laugh. He smiles, and everything was a little dark under this mask.
"I mean yeah. Toby McGuire not really. Tom Holland definitely," I agree and he chuckles. He gets off his bed.
"Other than that... your body does look amazing in that," he points out.
"Oh thanks," I smile under the mask. Your body looks hot anywhere.
"Should we like do the Spider-Man kiss?" He asks.
"Aren't I supposed to be upside down?" I ask.
"Yeah, but how are you gonna do that?" He laughs and I shrug. He lifts up the mask just so the lower half of my face was out and he kisses me. It doesn't last nearly as long as I'd like.
"Are you gonna keep this mask on or off?" He takes the full thing off of me.
"Probably off, tonight. It's kinda hard to breathe in there, and it's annoying. But I'll bring it for when I don't wanna deal with anyone," I said and he chuckles. He puts it on himself.
"Wow, this is very annoying," he says.
"Right?" I nod. "So... can I see your costume?" I ask and he takes the mask off.
"No," he shakes his head.
"Why not?" I ask.
"It's a surprise. You'll see it tonight," he replies.
"Isaac," I groan and sit on his bed.
"What?" He asks passing me the mask.
"You know what," I mutter and he shrugs with a grin.
"Just a couple hours and you will see it," he states.
"You know my costume," I point out.
"Because you wanted me to know it," he remarks. "Can we go get coffee?"
"Obviously," I nod. "I'll buy if you tell me your costume," I hop off the bed.
"No," he says.
"Ugh," I mumble.
"Sorry babe."
Wow... babe? That sounds right coming from Isaac.
"Let's go Spider-Man," he tells me.
"Fine, then you're buying. I don't have my wallet and I'm not getting it," I say and he laughs.
"Okay."
We walk out and he closes the door. We walk down the hall and lists of Halloween costumes run through my mind. What would he be?
"What are you thinking of?" He asks.
"What costume you would think to wear," I reply and press the down button in the elevator once we get into it.
"Oh my god," he says.
"Is it like a funny one? Or like... a superhero like me?" I ask.
"I don't know."
"Isaac!"
"What?" He asks with a sly grin.
"You're so annoying," I tell him. "It's just a costume."
"Exactly, and you'll see it later," he says. "So shut up about it."
"Hey! Don't tell me to shut up," I laugh and we walk out when the doors open. Except, I didn't mind that much. I didn't mind anything Isaac did. I see someone look at me as I walk past. "How Cool would it be if I were really Spider-Man," I say.
"That would be so cool," he says. "Me... dating spider-woman," he adds and I laugh.
"Yeah, I mean who knows if I would be dating you if I were spider-woman, and not like Harry Styles or Timothee Chalamet," I say and he gasps.
"Hey!" He says. Then he sighs. "I don't blame you. I would pick Harry Styles over you too," he nods and I laugh.
"Exactly," I nod. "Omg. Or Brad Pitt."
"Yeah," he nods. "Who wouldn't date Brad Pitt?" He agrees. "Like, don't get me wrong. I'm straight as an arrow, but like... Brad Pitt and Harry Styles," he says and I laugh.
"I know. It's like Rihanna and Megan Fox for me," I say.
"Yeah," he says.
Not many guys would say that, and that's another reason I liked Isaac a lot. He didn't care when it came to shit like that, and he was a feminist. It just made him more mature than most guys out there.

We get to the cafe and Wes was working. He looks at me.
"Spider-Man," he grins. "Nice," he adds.
"Thanks," I said.
"Just regular?" He asks and I nod. "Same for you?" He points to Isaac.
"Yeah," Isaac replies.
"So what are you gonna be?" I ask Wes.
"Where's Waldo. People say I look like him with my glasses on," he says and I laugh.
"I can see that," I nod and Isaac pays for us. "This dumb-ass won't tell me his costume," I nudge Isaac and he laughs. "It better be worth the wait."
"Make sure it's so not worth the wait," Wes tells him and I roll my eyes.
"I don't know if it is or not," Isaac replies and Wes laughs and goes to make the coffees.
"Oh hey, guys!" Maisie walks in. "Damn Liv. You look hot in that Spider-Man costume," she goes behind the counter.
"Thanks," I said. "What are you going as?"
"A clown," she says. "A hot clown."
"Clowns can never be hot," me and Wes both say as he passes us the coffees.
"Hey. You guys are forgetting about Pennywise," Isaac sits his coffee and I laugh. "That's a hot clown."
"And me. I'm going to be a hot clown!" Maisie states.
"Clowns are gross and scary. They're not meant to be hot," I say.
"I agree," Wes nods. I sip my coffee.
"Whatever," Maisie says.
"We're going. See you guys later," I said.
"Bye!" Maisie waves and we leave.
  "I'm so popular," I state as we walk. Isaac laughs and rolls his eyes.
  "I'm jealous," he says and I laugh.

Then I spot Miles, next to Mia. They were talking.
"Miles," I yell and he turns around and I press the spiderweb button and it hits him in the face. Me and Isaac both laugh, even Mia joins in. Miles being his moody self, he just looked annoyed. "Spider-Man!" I do jazz hands.
"Really, I thought you were just yourself," Miles says sarcastically and I laugh.
"Let me guess, you're going as Tony Hawk? Pro skater, since it's your total vibe," I say and he rolls his eyes even though he was kind of laughing.
"Shut up," he says.
"Oh no. Actually, you're not gonna dress up. You're too cool for that," I say.
"That does sound like something you'd do," Mia nods.
"Oh fuck off," Miles says. "Even though I did plan on not dressing up."
"Dude," I said. "Even Virgo over here is dressing up."
"Why is that surprising?" Isaac asks.
"You also seem like the type to think you're too good for Halloween," I admit.
"I'm too good for a lot of things, I'm not a dick," Isaac says.
"That just made you sound like a dick," I laugh.
"I'm a dick for not dressing up!?" Miles laughs.
"Yes," I nod.
"Yeah. Kinda lame," Mia adds.
"See," I say.
"Whatever," Miles says. "I gotta go call my mom. It's her birthday," he adds.
"Oh my god. Say happy birthday for me, even though I don't know her!" I said and he rolls his eyes.
"Bye," he says. "Mia, you coming?"
"Yep. See you guys!" She smiles and they walk away.
"Are they dating?" Isaac asks me.
"No. But she likes him, and I think he likes her. They're just both annoying and won't tell each other," I say. "So I'm trying to help start a spark," we start walking.
"Start a spark?" He chuckles and I nod. "How?"
"I'm trying to get them to make out," I add. "He's kind of a puss though."
"Ahhh," he nods. "Are you any good at matchmaking?"
"Rachael and Scott," I reply.
"They're just sleeping together," he laughs.
"Close enough," I tell him. "Don't doubt me."
"I'm not," he says. "Let's go. You got me hooked on Jersey Shore again and I wanna watch," he nudges me and I laugh.
"RONNNNN!" I mock. "I should've went as her."
"Oh my god!" He laughs. "You should've."