CHAPTER 51

I rub my eyes as I walk down the stairs the next morning. I went to bed late because I was on the phone with Isaac.
Hugo runs to me when I get off the stairs.
"Hey!" I pet him and look around and under the Christmas tree, there were presents wrapped.
We walk to the kitchen and I smelt bacon and I loved it so much.
"Morning!" I chirp and mom and dad both turn around.
"Merry Christmas!" Mom smiles and I walk over hugging and kissing them both on the cheek.
"It smells amazing!" I said.
"I made the toast," dad says and I laugh.
"Oh you two get out of the kitchen, breakfast is almost done," mom says. "Set up the table or something."
I grabbed plates and utensils and set up the table.
"Is there coffee made?" I ask dropping napkins on the table also.
"Yeah, here," dad passed me a cup and I put cream and sugar into it. "You love coffee more than your mom."
"It helps me get through life," I shrug and grab a cookie.
  "It's morning," mom says.
  "It's Christmas morning," I correct and she laughs.
  "You're right," she nods.
  "Speaking of, I saw all the presents!" I grin.
  "You're still into that stuff?" Dad asks.
  "Who isn't!?"
  "Grown-ups."
  "Whatever!" I wave him off. "When can I open them?"
  "After we eat breakfast," mom says. "You can wait right?"
  "Yeah, as surprising as it sounds," I reply. I go and sit down and pull out my phone to see a message from Isaac.

ISAAC: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
ISAAC: say it to your family for me too!

ME: Merry Christmas!!
ME: thanks! Tell your mom for me too:)

I put my phone down with a smile on my face. Oh, Isaac... you really have me falling for you.

~

I was writing in my new notebook that my mom got me outside, in the warm sun on the dock. Mid day, and I was having a good Christmas. My phone buzzes and I see a message from Ella.

ELLA: Merry Christmas bitch!
ELLA: you better send me some of your mom's famous cookies!

ME: I'll bring some over sometime

ELLA: yes!
ELLA: I got tickets to Post Malone!

ME: that's so cool!!

ELLA: I know! You know how much I love him!

ME: that's gonna be so cool!

ELLA: yeah, and Stella told me she would be going too! So I won't be alone. I wish you could come...

ME: yeah, but I'm not the biggest fan anyway
ME: we do need to see Slander together!

ELLA: hell yeah!
ELLA: gotta go! But bring me cookies later, please

ME: I will! See ya

I put my phone down and Hugo drops and sits next to me.
  "Hi buddy," I pet him and he wags his tail with his tonight sticking out. "Time to post a picture of you!" I said pulling up my camera, and I take a couple of pictures of him and post one on my Instagram story. "You are the cutest!!" I pet under his chin where he loved it.
"Liv!" I hear my mom's voice call out.
"Yeah?"
"Come up, we're going to the Robinsons!" She exclaims. I stand and turn over to her.
"What?" I ask. "Do I have to go!?" I ask and Hugo starts to follow me back up to the back door.
"Yeah," she nods. "You don't want to be rude," she says.
"Why are we going!? It's Christmas Day!?" I ask.
"They invited us over because we haven't hung out in a while you know how close we used to be. It'll be fun!" She tells me.
"Mom," I groan.
"Liv, don't be difficult," she gives me a look and we walk inside. "Go get dressed."
"I can't wear this!?" I ask and laugh because I was pretty much in pyjamas.
"Liv, don't fool with your mom," dad tells me and I sigh.
"This is gonna be so boring!" I exclaim as I head upstairs to my room with Hugo with me.

I go into my closet and grab a pair of leggings, and I grab a Nike crew neck sweater, that I don't recall having. I think it was Isaac's actually... it smells like him. I change into the clothes and I loved the smell of Isaac on the sweater. I slip on my shoes and put on a beanie to cover up my messy hair.
"Hugo," I look over to him. "Help me!"
He wags his tail and I shake my head.
"This isn't a tail-wagging time bud... it really isn't," I say. I grab my phone and head downstairs. "Okay, I'm ready... even though I think it's totally pointless for me to hang out with your old friends."
"We're not that old!" Dad says.
"Old enough."
"Stop being a dick!" Dad tells me and I laugh.
"Hey!" I said and he laughs too.
"Can you two stop being fools and let's go through the garage," mom says with a pot of something in her hands. She always brought food or baked goods to people's houses.
"Why do I have to go!?" I ask on our way out of the house.
"It'll be nice. It's Christmas dinner with friends!" Mom says. "Why not? I don't want to leave you here alone on Christmas."
"I don't mind, it's just Christmas, just another day of the year!" I remark.
"Just get in the car Olivia and stop complaining," she uses that stern tone and I sigh and get into the back seat of the car.
Shake my head, I have to hang out with their friends on Christmas. Who even invites people to dinner on Christmas Day!? It's a day for family, not friends.