CHAPTER 58

School, stressful, hard and dumb SCHOOL. it started Monday morning, and I regret ever deciding to go to university. Why you may ask? Have you ever heard the fact that the majority of first-year University students all get the grade average of a D. Well it's true, it brings everything unwanted such as stress, and depression in your life?
I walked into my first class since the semester started and I almost walked straight out. I have an assignment due by tomorrow. Whoever told me this would be better than my high school years? Because the experience is, the schooling is NOT!
I was sitting in the cafe, just contemplating life, contemplating it.
I was staring at the closed laptop in front of me, I have just finished all classes for today, I have to read this book for English, some old English novel. And I had to write a 1000 word essay by tomorrow. 1000 words wasn't a lot, but when you've been in a break from school, it feels like a whole book to write.

"You look depressed as shit and it's only your first day," Wes passes me another coffee because I told them to keep it coming.
"I am," I look up at him. "It's only my first day but I have an essay to do... already," I remark.
"Oof," he shakes his head. "My day has been the chillest. Only had 2 classes, and no assignments."
"Well good for you Wesley," I shake my head.
"I'm gonna go now," he says. "I'm scared you might kill me."
"That's a good idea."
He walks away and I mentally groan and also choke myself. I sigh placing my head on my palm.
"Hey," I hear and look up to see Isaac, him being here just made me feel a little better.
"Hey," I mumble.
"You okay?" He grins sitting across from me.
"I'm just contemplating all my life choices," I reply.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"I have an essay to write," I say.
"Already?" He asks and I nod. "That sucks."
All of a sudden I felt bad, almost guilty that I was making my dumb ass assignment a big deal when he's dealing with stuff on his own.
"I'll be fine," I sit up straighter. "How are you today?" I ask.
He looked tired, with some dark bags under his eyes and his hair was messy.
"I'm good," he says. "Need any help with anything?" He asks.
"No, I can figure out what to write later," I push my laptop aside.
How is he bouncing back so well? It's been What a week? Maybe less since his mom. He's back at school, in his dorm. He's still being a good boyfriend, and it just didn't feel right.
It felt like he was blocking it out, and I wanted to help him.
"How were your classes?" I ask.
  "Good," he yawns rubbing his eyes.
  "Did you sleep at all?" I question moving the straw in my cup.
  "A little," he nods. "I was a little restless."
  "Are you okay?" I stare at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking, but he had his walls up.
  "I'm fine Liv," he smiles. "I'm fine..." he says almost more like he was talking to himself. He sighs. "Honestly... today is hard. But I think I'll be good," he admits.
  "Wanna go back to the dorms? Unless you wanna get coffee?" I ask.
  "No, let's go," he stands up and helps me gather my things. I put them in my bag and sling it over my shoulder. I grab my coffee and we leave.
  "So..." I look over to him.
  "What's up?" He asks grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.
  "You sure you're good?" I question.
  "Babe," he says. "I promise you I'm good!"
  "Okay," I sigh. "You down to watch some Jersey Shore when we get back to the dorm?" I ask.
  "Yes, I need a little dose of crazy people," he nods and I laugh.

~

Isaac has fallen asleep next to me while we watched jersey shore and he was wrapped around me. He was tired, I don't think he slept at all last night because he just passed out almost the minute we got on the bed. It's been almost 2 hours and I've had him next to me, arms wrapped around me like this the whole 2 hours. I was comfortable and plus I didn't want to wake him up. He needs the sleep.

  "Hey!" Rachael walks in and she turns to see us. "Oh," she says in a lower voice. "Cute," she smiles.
  "Whatever," I whisper.
  "Is he all good?" She asks.
  "Didn't sleep," I reply running my hand through his hair.
  "Why not?" She puts her bag on her bed and sits down.
  "I don't know," I mumble.
I did know, it was because of his mom.
  "Well, he looks hot," she says and I laugh a little.
  "I know," I agree.
My phone buzzes from a Snapchat from Ella. I open it to see her face and she had a filter on and it said.
"I hate school"
I go onto my camera and take one... no, I didn't look my best, but Isaac was covering half my face. I wrote.
"I know! Me too!"
I put my phone down and look over to Rachael.
  "How were your classes?" I ask.
  "Eh," she groans laying down on her back. "Trash, nothing new."
  "Yeah, I have an assignment to do already," I roll my eyes.
  "Ew," she says. "Well, I'm gonna nap too! Night."
  "Night," I laugh and she pulls her covers over her head.
I get another Snapchat from Ella. It was again her face and it said. "Awe! You guys are so cute!"
I snap her one of the top of my head and reply "we know"

Isaac moves a bit, pulling his arms tighter around me and he lets out a breath. I look at his face and his brow was furrowed, and he looked like he was concentrating, although he was just sleeping.
Then his eyes shoot open, almost like he was terrified of something.
"Hey... you good?" I ask him and he looks over to me wide-eyed.
"Hmm? Yeah..." he blinks a couple times and rubs one of his eyes with one of his hands. "I didn't even realize I fell asleep," his voice was raspy because of the sleep.
"Yeah.." I nod. "Almost right when we got on the bed," I add. He makes some distance between us and gulps.
"How long have I been asleep?" He asks.
"About 2 hours," I reply.
"Damn," he mumbles. He runs a hand over his face and sighs.
"Did you have a bad dream or something?" I ask.
"No why?" He asks looking over to me.
"Just asking, you looked scared when you woke up," I shrug.
"I don't know why," he laughs. "Have you just been laying here?" He turns over again putting his arm around me again.
"Yeah," I nod.
"Can you guys shut up! I'm sleeping," Rachael says.
"If you were sleeping you wouldn't be talking," Isaac remarks.
"I'm trying to sleep, Isaac!" She says and I laugh. "But besides that... are you guys coming to the party on Friday?"
I didn't think Isaac would want to go. He's been going to school and acting like he's fine, but I didn't think he'd really want to go out.
"Are you going?" Isaac asks me.
"I don't know," I shrug.
"I'll go," Isaac says.
"Really?" I ask and he nods. "You wanna go to a party?"
"Why not, I haven't been to one in a bit," he says and turns over to look at Rachael.
"Isn't that cool!" Rachael grins. "Liv you need to go now!"
"Maybe," I shrug.
"Come on babe, why not? First party back?" He turns to me and pecks my lips.
"Maybe," I say again.
Isaac, wanting time go to a party... and encouraging it. Huh. I'll brush that off I guess.
  "Maybe," Isaac repeats. "Maybe... closer to a yes or closer to a no?"
  "Closer to maybe," I say and he laughs rolling his eyes.
  "Olivia!" He groans.
  "You're annoying," Rachael adds.
  "I'll have to see when the time comes," I shrug. "Who cares," I mumble.
  "I do!" Rachael sighs. "Because we need to plan outfits and all the details."
  "Dude it's Monday," I state and she turns in her bed to look over to us.
  "I don't care," she says and I laugh leaning my head on Isaac's chest. "If you do end up coming, you should wear that tank top, that makes your boobs look crazy good," she adds.
  "Okay," I just agree because it was Rachael and she wouldn't budge, she forces me to do everything.
  "I wanna see that tank top," Isaac says and I look at him and he laughs. "Kidding... but not really."
  "Shut up," I mumble laying my head down and he runs a hand through my hair.
  "You need to come so you can be my wingman!" Rachael remarks.
  "Your wingman for Noah?" I question.
  "No," she mumbles. "Some random I can hook up with."
  "Oh Rachael," I sigh. "You're a fool."
  "I know that!" She exclaims. "Just don't judge me."
  "I'm not, I'm just telling you," I mumble.
  "So you're coming?"
  "Rachael!" I groan and Isaac chuckles.
  "Okay, Okay!" She waves me off. "Isaac you better convince her with that DICK!"
  "Rachael," I look over to her and she laughs. "Go to bed before I knock you out."
  "Geez," she laughs at herself. "You guys need to shut up and let me nap!"
  "We will," I shake my head.
  "Don't do anything while I sleep... that's creepy," she mumbles pulling the sheets back over her.
  "Ew," we both say. "This isn't Jersey Shore," I add and Isaac laughs.
  "Good," she says. "Night, wake me up before 8:00 so I don't stay up all night."
  "Okay," I mutter and I look over to Isaac and he was still running his hands through my hair.
  "Should we go get some food?" He asks.
  "Yeah," I nod. "I'm always down for food."
  "Cool, let's go," he grins.
I sit up so he can get out of bed and I get out grabbing my bag and shoes, and we leave.