CHAPTER 22

It was Friday night and I didn't have any classes today cause they were cancelled, so I had the whole day.

  "Isaac, you don't need to go to your classes. You can go online and catch up!" I tell him, wanting him to skip class to hang out with me.
  "What are we gonna do all day?" He asks.
  "Explore the city? I have been here almost 2 months and still haven't seen that much of LA," I say. He looks at me.
  "You're so annoying," he tells me.
  "We're best friends. It's what they do," I say.
  "Oh, now you're calling us best friends," he laughs and I nod. "Make a plan and I won't go to classes."
  "We'll go get coffee, and then I'll see from there," I tell him. He looks at me and I smile. He sighs shaking his head.
  "Fine, you're buying me my coffee though," he says and I shrug.
  "Okay," I said. "Come on. Get ready!" I grab a picture from his bedside table.
  "Why do you have so much energy this morning? You never do in the morning," he tells me.
  "I already had one coffee, and I'm happy that I don't have classes," I shrug. "Also it's almost 1:00 so it's not morning."
  "Okay smartass," he laughs.
  "I can't wait for Christmas," I state.
  "It's not even Halloween yet," he says.
  "Yeah, but Christmas is the best," I shrug. "But, I've never seen snow. I wanna see snow pretty bad," I sigh.
  "It's nice," he nods.
  "Where'd you go to see it?" I ask.
  "Portland," he replies. I turn to him and he was dressed in black joggers and a white t-shirt.
  "Right," I nod. "Ready?" I ask and he nods. He opens the door and motions for me to go out and I do. He shuts the door behind him. "Let's get down to BUSINESS!" I sing.
  "To defeat! The HANNSS!" He sings back and I laugh. "One of the best movies."
  "It's so underrated," I nod.
"I agree. The first real Disney feminist, she's a legend I swear," he nods and that makes me a smile. Said from no guy ever.
"Exactly," I nod.
We walk into the elevator and he yawns.
"Damn, I need a fat coffee," he says.
"You seem tired," I tell him.
"I was up late cause of an assignment... again," he mutters.
"Oh that's annoying," I nod. "Midterms are in 2 months and I'm already stressing," I sigh.
"Dude, I know."
"Shut up. You're like smart," I state and he laughs.
"I'm still worried," he replies.
"You shouldn't," I say and he pushes me.
"What do you have to do for your midterm? Write a book?" He laughs at himself.
"Oh fuck off!" I said and he laughs more. "Just cause I don't want to be a doctor doesn't mean you can judge me for being a writer!" I add.
"I'm not judging. I'm genuinely curious!" He says and I roll my eyes.
"I kind of hate you Isaac," I walk out of the elevator.
"That's not true," he tells me following. "You wouldn't have asked me out today."
"I didn't ask you out," I scoff. "I asked you to come with me on an adventure cause I don't have class," I mutter.
"I consider this a date," he tells me and I look at him.
"It isn't though," I state and he shrugs. "God you're annoying."
"I'm the best person you know," he grins and I shake my head.
"False."
"Fact."
"Eat my ass."
"Gladly," he smiles and I sigh.
"Shut up," I say.
"Make me?" He remarks and I almost gasp.
"Isaac!" I groan and he laughs. "Stop."
"I'm good."
"I regret this."
"No you don't Blue. This will be the best day of your life," he says.
"Or worst," I retort and he shakes his head.
"Best."
I sigh and he chuckles. Why was he this way?

~

We walk into a cafe because I whined about being striving for probably an hour.
We've been out for the whole day. We got coffee, found a few local spots that we decided can be a hang out place, it was secluded and was just by the beach, with a mini park. It looked a little broken down. It was only 10 minutes from the campus. Now, we're going to get food at a diner, restaurant thing. It looked good enough.

We take a seat and I grab the menu.
  "This burger better fulfil all my needs," I state.
  "It better. Cause I'm not listening to you whine for another hour," he nods and I laugh.
  "I'm sorry a botch is kind of hangry. No one should be around me when that happens," I look over the menu.
  "I agree."
  "Suck me off okay!" I tell him and he laughs.
  "Hi! I'm Katie your waitress. What can I get you guys to drink?" She asks and I look up.
  "Could I get a coke," I say and she nods.
  "Same," Isaac adds.
  "Alright," she nods and heads off.
  "Isaac! Do I get the spicy crispy chicken burger? Or regular cheese burger?" I ask.
  "Spicy crispy," he nods.
  "Kay," I nod still looking at the menu.