CHAPTER 5

I bob my head to the music blasting through my earphones and into my ears while I type on my laptop. Something was then thrown at me and I turn and Rachael was standing by her bed and I pull out my earphone.

  "Dude what?" I ask.
  "I'm going to grab some food, wanna come?" She asks. I look at the laptop for a second.
  "Sure, I barely ate today" I nod shutting the laptop and hopping off my bed. I pull out my earphones wrapping them and putting them to the side. "Where are we going?" I ask slipping on my slides.
  "Well there's an In n' Out close by, and a Dutch Bros," she tells me opening the door. I nod. I close the door behind me and we walk to the elivator. "So, how was your first classes?"
  "I only had 2 today, but they were good" I reply. "I'm also a local the cafe on campus," I state.
  "Impressive," she laughs. "Are you good with walking?"
  "As long as I'm not walking far," I reply and she laughs again.
  "You don't have to lazy ass," she tells me and I laugh.
  "Then we're good," I nod. We get to the first sloor getting out and walking out of the building. "I'm pretty excited to eat the animal fries," I say.
  "I'm fucking stoked!" She exclaims and I laugh. There were other people walking around the buildings and campus. "So... the Alex and his hot roommate sitch," she says.
  "What about them?" I ask.
  "Is his roommate into you?" She asks.
  "I barely know the guy," I state. "And doubtful, he lives with Alex. Isn't that like bro code?" I ask.
  "Who cares, Alex has known him as long as you've known him. And he can't say anything," she tells me.
  "He's not even into me!" I exclaim. "He barely knows me, even though he's a fucking god sent from above, I don't even think he cares about my pressence."
  "You know that's not true!" She says. "The guy checks you out all the time. And he drove you home, after knowing you for 2 hours."
  "He's nice, that's all" I say and she looks at me. "What? Not every guy has to like you to be nice to you."
  "Would you go for him?" She asks.
  "You know what I think," I look at her and she grins. "You're annoying."
She laughs. "I know, but still kinda rude," she replies.
  "Just leave it, I barely know the guy" I tell her.

We got to In n' Out quickly, and there were so many people there. It made sense, In n' Out was a major Uni hangout spot at nights. Plus it was good. Overrated, but their animal fries kill. We stand in the pretty long line. Honestly, this place was an anxiety attack waiting to happen.
  "This lines trash," I tell Rachael. She laughs and nods.
  "I know right? I've been here for 10 minutes," the guy in front of us turns. And I was shocked to see Isaac. "Oh Liv!" He says. "And... Rachael," he points to her she nods with a grin.
  "Isaac, what a coinky dink," I move back and forth on my heals he grins.
  "A coinky dink," he repeats. I look at Rachael and she shrugs.
  "Don't know if that's a judgement of my choice of words... But saying coinky dink is still cool," I say.
  "Is it?" He asks. "I don't think I hear... anyone saying that anymore," he laughs.
  "Well, now you did" I shrug. "So you're welcome for being different."
  "You're a weirdo," he states.
  "Right, one of a kind I like to say!" Rachael adds and I roll my eyes. "Anyway. I'm gonna go find us a seat, can you order for me?" She asks.
  "Yeah," I nod. She tells me her order and leaves. Leaves me with Isaac. "You here alone?" I ask. Was that weird to ask? "I don't know if that was a weird question, I just didn't know what to say."

He looked so hot. When did he not from the times I've seen him. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. Like, why did he have to be wearing that... guys in sweatpants. Every girls weakness. Why has he even talked to me? Like father!!
  "It's not weird," he laughs. "I'm with Alex and another friend," he nods over to the table and I glance and Alex was looking over here and there was another guy with him talking. We walk up a bit as the line moved up.
  "Why is the entire school here?" I ask.
  "It's In n' Out. The most overrated fast food place ever," he states.
  "You think it's overrated too?" I ask and he nods. "Right! Like obviously they have good ass fries. But other than that... everyone acts like it's the best food you could eat," I say. "It's so American."
  "I completely agree," he nods with a slight laugh. "We live in America and In n Out can't get more American," he adds. I laugh.
  "That's not how I meant it," I utter.
  "I was agreeing. Do they even have this in Canada?" He asks.
  "I don't think so," I shake my head. "Do you really believe that they're like super nice?"
  "No, I've been to Toronto. The exact fucking same as New York, just smaller so less assholes" he says and I laugh. "No joke."
  "But you've only been to Toronto!" I point out. "What about the other parts? You can't judge the whole continent just from visiting one city. Plus it borders New York."
  "Why are you now jsut spitting out these facts about Canada?" He laughs.
  "I don't know. I guess I paid attention in grade 5," I say and he laughs more and it makes me laugh too.
  "Is this a diss to me? Because I judged Canadians?" He asks.
  "No, it's a diss for you judging me for saying coinky dink," I reply.
  "Oh... makes sense," he nods. "What a coinky dink that you did that."
  "You didn't even use it in the right term. So, eat my ass" I tell him and he laughs.
  "We're already at that point in our relationship? You haven't even let me ask you out!" He says. You would never want to go out with me!! Look at you!! A whole fucking dad!! Ugh!! "You skipped like 3 dates."
  "Only 3 dates!?" I ask and he shrugs. I mean... look at you, I don't even knwo if it'd take 3 dates... probably 1. Wow!! Too far. Ass eating is not anything I'd be into, or even look into. "Never, ass eating is a never."
  "You jsut clearly told me to eat your ass," he says.
  "I just say that. To everyone, anyone. I would say it to a baby who got on my nerves. Does not mean I want it to eat my ass," I say and he laughs. "3 dates? That's the shocking part here."
  "Oh and telling me to eat your ass is just normal?" He says and I laugh and he laughs with me.
  "Yes, because I say it all the time. It's a normal thing to the people who know me," I state. "So get used to it. You live across from me. Expect me to get into a fight with Rachael and come out of my room yelling at her to eat my ass."
  "Fine, I'll be waiting for that day then" he nods.
  "It might be tonight, or never, all depends on how annoying Rachael gets," I say and he laughs.
  "On your door you should put "eat my ass" as a trademark," he says.
  "Or, end all my assignments with "eat my ass" then the teachers would just be pissed. But I'll make sure to put tm with it," I add and he nods.
  "Or shorten it. EMA for... eat my ass!" He state and turns just as the person calls for him to order. The girl seemed confused. "Sorry!" He laughs. "Not meant for you," he says and I laugh he shakes his head and she nods with a laugh. She grins a bit... I know bitch, he's hot. He orders a bunch for I guess his group and pays. He moves to the side and I go up ordering mine and Rachaels food. I grab the reciept with our food number.

  "Guess I'll eat your ass later?" Isaac says and I look at him and laugh making him grin.
  "Guess so," I shrug.
  "We're friends... just so you know," He steps backwards.
  "I didn't know, but I guess I do now," I say.
  "Best friends?" He asks.
  "I wouldn't take it that far. I only told you to eat my ass once," I reply and he chuckles.
  "Bye best friend!" He says. I shake my head and walk towards where Rachael was sitting. She was watching me with a grin.
  "I saw that flirtation," she says.
  "What?" I laugh. "You're so annoying."
  "I saw it, I don't care what you sau because it's true!" She states. "What's our number?" She asks and I pass her the receipt for it and she nods. "He's hot, so I'm telling you right now... get with it ASAP."
  "Rachael... I've known you for 3 days. And I'm gonna tell you right now. You're annoying," I laugh and she laughs. "And... I'm not trying to be rude or anything... it's just facts."
  "I know! But that is the best part of me!" She exclaims and I shake my head vigorously.
  "The worst. By far," I tell her and she laughs more.
  "Wait till 2 months into this, you'll find that my annoying-ness is a great thing!" She says. "It means I care."
  "And right now, because I care... I'm gonna tell you to eat my ass and stop," I said and she bursts out laughing to the point where everyone looks at her.
  "If you insist," she says back and I laugh with her.

When we got our food, we just ate there and then went over to Dutch Bros which wasn't far from that, and which was also fucking packed. Got that and went back to teh dorms where we could chill without all the California white girls. I sat on my bed and Isaac popped into mind. His hot ass face, with his hot ass smile. I really could get used to him living across from us. If only his roommate wasn't my ugly ass ex. He's not ugly, but close enough. His personality is.
I grab my phone and scroll through Instagram until I get a text from the big ol' bestie back home, and it made me smile.