CHAPTER 16

The mall here was... something else. The boujee-iest shit ever. Like I know factually that this isn't the fanciest mall in LA but... it was still something up there. There was everything. I was shook. I mean, in AZ there were fancy big malls, but this was something you see in people YouTube videos. In movies, like Clueless.

  "Why do you look so shook Liv?" Rachael asks me.
  "This is my first time going to a mall in LA," I tell her.
  "Right," she nods.
  "Are you guys rich? Cause I can't afford to go to Gucci or like Louis Vuitton," I said and Ryan laughs.
  "Because people live in LA, doesn't mean everyone is automatically rich," Ryan tells me.
  "I just assume everyone who lives here is like a YouTuber or an Actor you know. Something famous," I shrug and Rachael laughs.
  "None of us are famous," Rachael states.
  "I'm just here for University," I shrug. "Where are we going?"
  "Everywhere, I need to get things," Rachael says.
  "Of course you do," I sigh. "We better not be here longer than 2 hours."
  "Bitch," Rachael looks at me.
  "Have you ever been shopping with... any girl?" Ryan laughs. "I get it, I don't like being in the mall long. But you're in LA."
  "That's not an excuse!" I state. "2 hours and I'm leaving."
  "We'll see about that. We'll go to zumiez or wherever you get your shoes," Rachael waves her hand at me.
  "I do get them from there. And the Vans store," I said and she starts walking towards the Forever 21. "You do not shop here."
  "I do," she nods.
  "But... look at how you dress. You dress like... not a Forever 21 girl," I tell her.
  "They have nice jeans," she shrugs. I wasn't complaining, not like their clothes were bad. They were just... Emma Chamberlain. I guess that's some people, but just not me. "Just... you never get a forever 21 unless you want to see every other girl wearing it."
  "Yeah," I nod. We walk in, and throughout the girls side, teens are scattered looking through the racks. Rachael goes to the jeans and looks through them grabbing piles to try on. Ryan was just slightly looking through the racks but not picking out things. I was always used to my friends back home dragging me to go shopping. I had a sense of fashion, but I never saw the point of shopping unless you seriously needed something. I see a pair of black loose ripped jeans.
  "What about these Rach? They're nice," I pull them out for her and she looks.
  "I have those already," she says. "They are nice though. So if you want them," she adds.
  "No, I got enough clothes," I laugh.
  "Right, just not enough shoes," Ryan mutters.
  "No one ever has enough shoes!" I remark.
  "People can have enough vans," Rachael looks at me from across the rack of clothes.
  "That's a lie," I scoff. "But whatever. I won't get into that with you. That's like saying that Harry Styles isn't hot,"
  "There's better," Ryan mumbles and me and Rachael both look at her. And in that moment, Ryan knew she had fucked up.
  "Ryan!!" Rachael almost yells.
  "Bad choice of words," Ryan laughs. "He's hot, I just think there's better."
  "Dude," I shake my head. "Dude!" I say again. Speechless. Who doesn't think Harry Styles is hot? That's... baffling. "Don't... even."
  "Guys, it's about preference," she shrugs with another laugh.
  "It's Harry Styles. There's no preference. He's a god," Rachael states.
  "He's just god," I add and Rachael nods in agreement.
  "You guys are ridiculous," Ryan shakes her head. "Not like I called him ugly. I just think there are other people out there... that are better."
  "Wrong!" We both say.
  "Okay, topic change. Who thinks Tom Hollands hot?" Ryan asks.
  "Obviously," I mumble. "Honestly, I pay way to much attention to hot celebrities. It's kind of bad, for my health," I shake my head.
  "Tom Holland? New spiderman guy?" Rachael asks and we nod. "He's... cute."
  "See, preference!" Ryan states.
  "It's different!" Rachael scoffs and Ryan rolls her eyes. "Come with me to try these on, so you can tell me if I look good," Rach walks off toward the change rooms.
  "She's so difficult," Ryan looks at me and I laugh.
  "Yeah, try being her roommate," I said and we follow her.
  "Oof."
She goes into a change room and we wait for her.
  "Ok, pair number 1. Skinny jeans, with knee rips. Regular denim," she explains and walks out of the change room. The jeans fit her nicely.
  "I like them," I say leaning against the wall across from her change room.
  "Same," Ryan nods.
  "Turn," I tell her and she does. "Makes your ass look good," I add and Ryan grins.
  "She's right!" She adds.
  "So this is a buy!" She grins. She walks back in. "Next pair. Denim mom-ish type jeans. Cuffed, no rips and, I think we could make an aesthetically nice outfit," she says changing and walks out. They were literally just regular mom jeans. She turns around and faces us again.
  "I feel like you have a billion pairs of these," Ryan says.
  "No, my mom jeans are mostly ripped," she remarks.
  "They're nice, they're just simple," I shrug. "I would get them," I admit.
  "Yeah, they're nice. But look like every pair you have!" Ryan says.
  "I'm getting them," she shrugs. "I like how comfortable they feel."
  "Fine," Ryan laughs. "Don't ask for our opinion."
  "It's the point of asking for an opinion and figuring out if I actually like that opinion," she shrugs. "So, these are ripped denim jeans, not skinny, not mom. They're just like loose. There's also a rip in the lower ass-cheek," she tells us and minutes later walks out in a pair of really ripped denim jeans.
  "Might as well be shorts," I laugh and Ryan laughs with me.
  "That's not an opinion," She glares.
  "They look good on you," we both say. She turns around and there was a rip just by her ass-cheek. "And... that's an eye-catcher."
  "Right!" Rachael smiles turning back to us. "Ok. I have one more and a couple shirts left!" She says. "Then we can leave."