CHAPTER 11

"Do you have Fifa?" I ask looking through Isaac's stack of video games.
  "I should somewhere in there," he replies and I find it.
  "Can we play!? This is literally the one game I am really good at," I said.
  "I also got NBA 2k18," he adds.
  "I don't care. I like Fifa," I put it into the Xbox.
  "Which controller did you want?" He holds up two. One all black, one all white. I knew the all white one was Alex's.
  "Black," I point and he hands it over.

Their room was like just two different sides, but with two beanbag chairs in the middle of the floor to pay video games. Isaac's side was neat, his bed clean, no clothes out, a hamper and his desk was organized and neat. Alex's side had clothes scattered on the floor, bed unmade. Desk had papers thrown around on it. Just like his room in his house back home.
They were like two opposite people. Isaac, mature, has goals set or his career and clearly organized. While Alex's was a mess, didn't know what he wanted to do and not organized. And the more I think about it, Isaac was more my style. As a guy, he was only 19 and more mature than really any guy that age. But, I was with Alex in high school and University was a different thing. It's just weird, I was so attracted to Isaac and his personality and everything. And even though it is still a bit hard with the Alex situation. I was starting to think that, maybe he broke up with me for the better. The better of me, he did it to fool around. But this gives me an advantage to grow. But... I did have or am starting to have a minor crush on Isaac. And I want to keep making out with him, but it wasn't that simple. There always had to be something in the middle.
  "You're... really clean," I said and he shrugs.
  "I guess," he says and I look at him.
  "You guess? Do you see this side of the room," I point out.
  "My mom raised me to be clean. What do you want from me?" He laughs.
  "How do you live with Alex?" I ask.
  "Yeah, he's a mess," he laughs. "Whatever though."
  "It's like seeing two completely different people," I said and nods.
  "We are pretty different actually," he says. "He's... something," he mutters and I laugh. "He's kind of typical."
  "He's like everyone one else. He's a basic bitch of a guy," I nod and he laughs. "Let's start this game. I might be a little rusty, but give me a break."
  "I'm not giving you a break," he shakes his head.
  "Well eat my ass then," I said and he laughs pressing on the game and we start playing.

~

  We played Fifa for a bit, talked and when we were talking I got to know him a little more. But, there was something there. Something that he wasn't saying. He had this wall, he hid it well, but he had a wall and something to him that I wasn't quite getting to. It made sense becuase we've known each other less than a month. But, after our kiss thing. I had these inner feeling about him, it was a growing crush. But whatever. I would deal. But as we played and hung out, Rachael wrote to me and asked if I wanted to get some late lunch with her, and I wanted to. I needed someone to rant to about my conflict.

  "I'll see you later," I tell Isaac grabbing my phone off his side table.
  "Yup, I'll probably text you," he tells me and I laugh.
  "Yeah. I won't be surprised," I reply and he laughs.
  "I'm not that predictable Olivia," he says.
  "No, you're just obsessed with me," I grin and he lets out a loud laugh.
  "Kinda," he says and I was a little surprised.
  "Tootles."
  "Bye," he watches me leave. I shut the door and I just walk across to my room and into it.
  "Liv?" Rachael asks.
  "No, a serial killer here to kill you," I reply and she rolls her eyes when she sees me. "Where are we going?"
  "Hows your boyfriend?" She smiles.
  "Oh my god," I roll my eyes this time.
  "What?" She asks and I stare at her and she just laughs. "There are some diners around that we could go to or something. Walk around and find something," she shrugs.
  "You ready?" I ask.
  "Just let me grab my purse," she nods grabbing it from around her desk chair.

We leave the dorm and walk towards the elevator.
  "I wanted to actually talk to you about something. Last night," I tell her and she nods.
  "I was fucked," she laughs. "How about you?"
  "Well. I kissed-" I was cut off by the elevator dinging and Alex standing in it when it opens. He looks at us. Back and forth and stares at me for a second. We move to the side for him to pass, and as he does he stares at me. We walk into the elevator I press close door 4 times because of my OCD.
  "Kissed? Who?" She smiles. "You ex cause ooh," she shakes her head.
  "God no," I shake my head as well. "Isaac. Well, he kissed me but yeah," I tell her and she stares at me for a second and her breaks out in a smile.
  "Like, just a quick kiss or?" She asks.
  "Make out."
  "Oh shit!! Yes, so what now? You guys were hanging out today. That's a good sign!" She exclaims.
  "No," I shake my head. "Because when we talked about after we got coffee. He apologized for doing it," I said and her smiles turns into a frown. "And... I really didn't want him to be sorry because it was a great make out sesh. But then he was like... "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that" and all that. And I mean, me being me. I was like 'ya, it wasn't just your fault so whatever we were drunk' something like that. But internally I wanted him to be like lets make out again," I tell her. "And... he pretty much said he had a reason of doing it, but didn't explain, so now we're still just friends, and he left me wanting more."
  "Oh," is all she says. She shakes her head. "That is not what I wanted to hear!" She groans and I nod. "Maybe he was scared that you thought he made it weird and you didn't like it," she suggests.
  "I don't know."
  "Ugh, boys!" She states and I nod. "What were you guys doing just now?"
  "Playing Fifa, talking about things," I said. "And you know, getting to know more about him just kind of makes it worse because that makes me crush on him a little more."
  "Yeah. Why don't you tell him?" She asks.
  "Because he apologized for kissing me! I don't want to be embarrassing just in case he's like... no," I said.
  "Ok... understandable. But you're never really gonna know unless you try," she says.
  "Honestly. This might just be my mind tricking me into thinking I sort of like him because he kissed me. Give it a week and I'm sure I'll be over it and just like being his friend," I said.
  "You guys don't want to just be friends! You met, it wasn't meant to be just friends. I could see that connection and sexual tension from a mile away, when you first saw you. I don't think his thing was to become your friend," she tells me. And for some reason I thought the same thing. Through-out us knowing each other, he's been flirty but I never take it seriosuly because he didn't ask me out then so what's different now? I've been more friendly than flirty? Am I giving off friend zone vibes?
  "Whatever," I shrug. "Where did you stay last night and how did you get home?" I ask and she laughs.
  "Bitch, I don't know," she says and we walk out of the dorm building when we walk through the lobby.
  "Damn."
  "Right? Life's crazy," she nods and I laugh.
  "Or just you," I said and she laughs.
  "Yeah that too."

****************************

A/N

Hey guys! It's been a bit, but I haven't had internet for more than a week. Sorry for the late update and this chapter is jsut whatever. But I wanted to put something out there for you to not hate me! I hope you like what I've got, and more on the way to you guys!! Enjoy. Xoxo.

-Jana