CHAPTER 7

"Heyoo!" I answer the phone when Ella's nme pop up.
  "Hey bitch! It's good hearing your voice" she says making me smile. I slip on my slides and grab my sweatshirt.
Rachael was hanging out with other friends I'm pretty sure. So I planned to get some food... probably a coffee, knowing me.
  "So what's up?" She asks.
  "Not much, I'm gonna go get food and probably coffee," I reply. "How about you?"
  "I'm chilling in my dorm... watching reruns of Friends," she tells me. "Boring right? You're probably the life of the party around that entire school!"
  "Hell no, I'm just the life of the party at the coffee shop I go too," I laugh leaving the room. I lock the door and put my key into my pocket. The door across me opens and Alex walks out staring at me.
  "You and coffee," Ella laughs. "So... the Alex sitch?"
  "Right in front of me," I sigh looking away and he starts walking.
  "Give him the phone! I need to rip a bitch apart!" She said and I laugh.
  "Speaking of. Saw him with a girl today," I watch the elevator door close. I didn't want to be in that elevator with him. I lean against the door and sigh.
  "Who!?" She asks and I hear her shuffle around on her bed. "I'll come over and cut her."
  "No... I don't care that much. Plus the girl didn't do anything to me," I said. "It's just so quick... did he really not care that much?" I ask.
  "He's a teenage guy... fuckboy. He's probably just sulking and trying to get over you becuase he made a bad decision," she says and I shake my head.
  "No... he doesn't care. Whatever, it's not a big deal," I said and the door opens again and Isaac comes out and smiles when he see's me.
  "Four-eyes!" He says and I roll my eyes.
  "What?" Ella asks in my ear.
  "Eat ass," I said.
  "Not yours?" He asks.
  "Wait who are you talking to?" Ella asks.
  "Sorry... no one," I reply to her.
  "I'm not no one!!" Isaac yells.
  "He sounds hot! Who is it?" Mia asks and I could hear the smile on her lips.
  "He's my neighbour," I mumble.
  "New best friend!!" Isaac yells also.
  "Sorry, do you two wanna talk?" I ask. "I can't be talking to you both."
  "Where are you going?" Isaac asks me.
  "To eat," I say.
  "Same! Can I join you?" He asks.
  "Sure," I shrug. "El you still there?" I ask.
  "Yes... shall I leave you two to your date?" She asks.
  "Shut up! No," I say and she laughs.
  "I'm watching friends anyway! I'll talk to you later," she says. I stay silent. "Love you bye!! Best friend have fun with your hot neighbour."
  "Love you loser," I roll my eyes and hang up. "Let's go," I shake my head.
  "You make me feel so welcome," he laughs.
  "Don't take it personal," I nudge him.
  "I didn't, I know we're still best friends," he grins and I smile a bit as we walk to the elevator. "Where are we eating?"
  "I don't know. Where should we go?" I ask. "I'm completely new to California."
  "There's a diner not too far... we'll just go there," he shrugs. "Did you jsut plan to walk around till you found something?"
  "Yes, that's always my plan" I nod.
  "You're so lucky to have me around," he states and I look at him.
  "Other way around Isaac," I reply.
  "I mean... probably. Becuase before I met you no one told me to eat their ass not... seriously," he grins.
  "Oh my god! Have girls asked you seriously!?" I ask and he laughs.
  "I've been asked if I do... eat ass," he nods. "But never asked to do it. I fucking hate that."
  "Who would actually like that? It kind of triggers me," I admit and he laughs.
  "But you tell everyone to eat your ass..." He replies and we start walking out of the building and around the campus where everyone was walking around with friends.
  "Because I find it gross, I expect people to just find it gross and funny... but I guess that millenials take it really into consideration," I say.
  "You can't trust these millenials dude," he shakes his head and I laugh.
  "You can't, I agree" I nod.
  "So...so far I know that you're from Arizona, have a douche-bag ex who goes here and tell people to eat your ass a lot. But I don't know the important details!" He says. "What's your favourite movie?"
  "That's an important detail?" I ask and he nods with a grin I laugh a bit.
  "Yes, if you answer something like Spring Breakers... I don't think we can be best friends," he tells me.
  "I would never stoop so low. It's Year One," I reply.
  "Yes!!" He grins. "Best movie ever!"
  "I know!" I smile and nod. "Anything with Jack Black, Michael Cera, Seth Rogen, James Franco and Jonah Hill... you can't go wrong with," I state.
  "I think I fell in love with you," he says and I laugh. "I don't think any girl has said that to me... if anything they were like... "wait who's Jack Black? You mean the game Black Jack?"" He mocks and I laugh more.
  "Like... Nacho Libre, classic" I say.
  "You get it! You completely understand it!" He tells me with a slight chuckle. "And we're here," he stops walking and I stop next to him and look it was a small diner that was decently full of people.
  "I'm trusting you with what I eat. It better be worth it," I say.
  "It's just a regular diner. Don't expect a 5 course meal," he tells me and opens the door for me.
  "Thanks," I say and walk in staring at his muscular arm. Who looks like that? Only a god.
  "Hey guys! Just take a seat anywhere!" A worker tells us and we go sit down at a table. I grab the menu and look at it. The typical at a diner, burgers and sandwiches.
  "Is this not your first time here? How do you know this place?" I ask.
  "Oh me and Alex came here a couple days ago," he replies. I nod. "So... it's the only local place I know besides In n' Out. We know how overrated that is," he grins.
  "Good call!" I smile. "So... I never asked. What's your favourite movie? Unless it's Year One also?" I ask.
  "That or Stepbrothers," he replies.
  "I know that cops  isn't on until 4!" I say and he laughs with me. "A fucking classic."
  "Catalina fucking whine mixer," he nods. "The best."
  "I've watched it too many times to count. And will bring that legacy to my children in the future," I say.
  "That's the way of life. Watching that is a right of passage to being a comedic douche," he adds and I laugh.
  "Exactly," I nod.
  "Hello, what can I start you guys of to drink?" The waitress comes uo looking flustered like it's been a long day. She looks at me and then Isaac and her eyes widen a bit. Bitch... I know!
  "I'll have a coke," I say and she nods writing it down.
  "I'll have the same," He grins and she nods again.
  "Ok, I'll give you another minute to look at the menu, and I'll be back with your drinks," she smiles and leaves.
  "Looks like it's been a long day for her," he laughs.
  "I was thinking the same thing," I nod.
  "So... I came up with another nickname for you!" He smiles at me. I stare at him for a second and sigh.
  "What is this one?" I ask.
  "More like an alias, cause... you like to write and all," he mumbles his cheeks turning pink as he spoke. I grin a bit. "L. Martian," he says. "You call yourself a Martian right, so I thought it would be a good alias," he adds. "Or you know... four eyed martian," he grins.
  "You know what... I've had enough," I put my hand up and he laughs. "Your alias can be A.H. Asshat," I say and he laughs harder.
  "Not bad," he nods. "Pretty funny."
  "I know, I'm funny" I said with a shrug and a grin. He sighs with a smile.
  "You Liv... are something new," he says.
  "You've only known me for 5 days," I mumble. "There's only more to figure out about me."
  "I'm scared for that, I'm also completely intrigued," he says.
  "You should be. You signed up to be my best friend here," I shrug. "So, buckle up bitch," I say and he laughs.

~

After we ate our food at the diner, we decided to walk around campus and back to the dorms.
  "So... your full name is Oliva Marsh?" He asks and I nod. He asked me about my name, if it was literally just Liv or Olivia and it was Olivia. "Do you have a middle name?" He asks.
  "It's weird," I admit.
  "I don't judge," he shrugs as we get into the elevator and I press the button.
  "Blue," I say.
  "Olivia Blue Marsh," he states and I look at him and he grins.
  "That's awesome!" He says. "I wish I had a cool middle name!" He sighs.
  "Do you have one?" I ask and he nods.
  "My full name is Isaac Alexander Jones," he said. "Boring."
  "My middle names a colour. What woud you want Red?" I ask and he laughs the door dings and we get to our floor.
  "Yes. It'd be cooler than Alexander," he says.
  "Your name sounds royal honeslty," I reply as we walk down the hall. "Like... it's fancy," I laugh and he chuckles.
  "It does kind of sound fancy," he agrees. "What was my mom thinking?"
  "It's pretty cool. If no one knew you, you could be like I'm Isaac Alexander Jones the third and people would think you own Norway or something," I state and he laughs.
  "I should try that on someone," we stop by out dorms and I lean against the wall.
  "Try it on Rachael, I'm sure she's clueless enough to believe it. No offence to her," I laugh.
  "I'm pretty sure I could try it on Alex and he'd be like 'dude that's fucking crazy! Do you own like a castle or something'" he mocks Alex and I laugh more.
  "That sounds about right," I nod. He leans on the wall across from me with a smile while he stared at me. Not saying anything anymore. His eyes wander me... looking me up and down and I just stand there awkwardly. He was so hot, it made me wanna vom. Like he could curb stomp me and I'd thank him. He sighs and bites his lip still looking at me. God damnit! Do not look at me like that! I'll die. I can be so dramatic sometimes. But it's truly how I felt. I sigh.
  "Well... thanks for coming to get food with me tonight," I push myself off the wall. "I will see you later Alexander," I grin and he smiles.
  "And I will see you later Blue," he replies and I let out a small laugh opening the now unlocked door probably because Rachael was back. I open the door. "Night," he says. I wave and walk into the room and shut the door with a grin. Tonight was nice.
  "Where has your smiling ass been?" Rachael asks. I go to my bed.
  "Eating food and shit," I shrug putting my bag to the side and lay down.
Isaac, seriosuly gorgeous and a genuinely nice funny and cute person. It made me grin thinking back at tonight with him. I didn't even care that much about Alex and his new girl any more. He is single. So was I.