CHAPTER 63

I was walking to class after I had gotten my coffee.
I sip my coffee walking down the campus and I see Dylan, then I see Isaac's floppy hair. The sight of him makes me smile.
He was laughing at something Dylan had said. I guess you could say he's been happy. Yet again, I still feel like he's just putting up this wall and blocking his emotions.
  "What are we staring at?" Someone says next to me and I turn to see Miles.
  "Isaac," I say.
  "Ugh," he groans. "How cheesy."
  "I wasn't like admiring," I laugh. "Although he's hot as hell, I was thinking," I admit.
  "About?" He asks and lifts a Cheeto into his mouth. This guy always had chips or some kind of snack with him.
  "Life," I sigh.
  "Or about how obsessed you are with you?" He asks. "Want some?" He points the bag of Cheetos toward me.
  "Sure," I take a handful out of the bag. "Want some?" I point my coffee toward him.
  "Sure," he grabs it and sips from it. "Should we go to class?" He asks.
  "Probably," I nod, he passes me my coffee. We start walking again and I sigh. "Miles..."
  "Hmm?"
  "Have you ever like gotten vulnerable in front of a person... and then retracted?" I ask.
  "I don't get vulnerable," he shrugs and I look at him and he laughs. "Okay... sorry."
  "I'm serious... does every guy do it?" I ask.
  "Not every guy," he says. "I think it depends on the person," he says. "Is it Isaac again?"
  "Yeah," I nod.
  "I mean... I don't exactly like talking about myself. So yeah," he shrugs. "What is he doing?"
  "Nothing. He like... has his moments. Then the next day acts like he's totally fine!" I groan and we walk into the lecture hall.
  "It takes time," he shrugs. "Everyone has their own ways. And I can tell you're the type of person who wants to know everything. But it takes time Liv," he says and we sit down in the middle row as usual.
  "I know," I mumble. "Anyway..." I drift. "How are you and Mia?"
  "We're friends," he shrugs. "Don't try to set us up anymore. I like being single," he says.
  "Fine! Even though it's the only thing that makes me happy!" I shake my head and grab some more Cheetos.
  "Don't be dramatic," he leans back in his chair and closes his eyes.
  "Whatever," I mumble. "Wanna get food after class?" I ask.
  "From where?" He asks.
  "Anywhere," I shrug.
  "Are you paying?"
  "Can't promise that," I said.
  "Fine, but you better pay," he said.
  "Okay," I nod.

~

Miles and I ended up going to TacoBell, trusty old TacoBell.
  "You can't go wrong with TacoBell," I say biting into my chicken quesadilla.
  "I agree," Miles nods.
We decided to just leave the restaurant instead of just sit there eating. So we were walking down the sidewalk.
  "Do you ever wonder what it is like to be the food that's being eaten?" I question and Miles sighs.
  "Of course you would ask me this," he says.
  "I'm serious!" I laugh. "Foods probably have personalities too!"
  "Okay," he says. "I'm sure the food is scared as hell because we're eating it."
  "Weird," I sigh.
  "Yes you are weird," he nods.
  "Eat my ass," I wave him off and he laughs.
  "Not my job," he states.
  "Shut up," I said. "You would consider us good friends right?" I ask.
  "Yes, as crazy as you are... yes," he nods.
  "So I can tell you things..." I add.
  "Depends on what," he gives me a look.
  "I just have questions," I say.
  "About what?"
  "Coitus..." I laugh at myself. "Intercourse," I add. "Sexual behaviour."
  "I think I had it at coitus," he tells me. "What about it?"
  "Well... I just lost my virginity," I remark and he nods. "And... I just thought since you're a guy.." I go on.
  "Dude, you're taking so long. Just ask me," he laughs.
  "Fine, considering I was a virgin and he wasn't. Do you think it was still good for him?" I ask. "Because obviously... I didn't have the best time, it's not that easy as a girl."
  "You're asking me if your boyfriend had a good time having sex with you?" He asks.
  "Well, when you say it like that, I sound pathetic," I mumble.
  "No," he shakes his head. "It's fine... but why didn't you ask him?"
  "I don't know... it's awkward," I shrug. "I didn't want to be like... ooh did you like it? When I know I'm not experienced," I add.
  "I'm sure he has a great time," he says biting his quesadilla.
  "Seriousness?"
  "I'm serious, you were a virgin... trust me it was fun," he nods.
  "Ugh, don't say it in a creepy way," I push him.
  "Hey, you asked!" He says.
  "Thanks for telling me," I mumble.
  "So now you tell me!" He says. "How bad does it hurt for virgins?" He asks. "Cause we guys don't have to feel anything."
  "On a scale of 1 to 10... maybe a 3.5 Or 4. It's not horrible, it's just uncomfortable," I said and he nods. "You boys get it easy."
  "I know, and I'm thankful," he says. "I couldn't imagine someone impaling me."
  "Ew," I laugh. "You're using such weird words!" I tell him and he laughs.