CHAPTER 9

We walk into the party, the music loud everything pretty much the exact same as last time. Smelt like alcohol, drugs, sex and sweat. The music that was playing was super hardcore and it sounded like what I expected a seizure to sound like. Like I liked EDM music, but not where it's just a whole bunch of animals fucking. I needed a drink if I wanted to get through this night.
  "Drinks?" Rachael asks and I nod.
We head to the kitchen and when we did someone started talking to Rachael.
  "Liv!" I hear and turn to see Scott with Cam. "Looking good," he tells me.
  "You guys too!" I reply and Cam laughs.
  "Took this douche almost an hour to do his hair," Cam nudges Scott.
  "Dude, shut the fuck up" Scott says and I laugh. "Want a drink?"
  "Yes," I nod. "Anything, it doesn't matter!"
  "Okay," he laughs and goes over.
  "Liv, did you see that guy!" Rachael turns and I look at her. She see's Cam. "Oh hi."
  "Hey," he grins.
  "Here ya go," Scott passes me a drink and I see Rachael's cheeks turn pink. I laugh a bit.
  "I'm gonna go see who's down to play beerpong. Scott you should get Rach a drink too!" I turn and she looks at me.
  "What! Why are you leaving!?" She asks and I just walk away. I walk around and I see a guy smiling at me. I looked at him confused.
  "What?" I ask as he watched me.
  "Nothing," he shakes his head. "You are cute. I gotta say."
  "Ah, thank you" I say.
He was tall, had dark hair that was quaffed, dark brown eyes and he was wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt with a drink in hand. He wasn't bad either.
  "You're kinda cute too," I add.
  "Kinda?" He asks and I laugh.
  "I'm not gonna boost your ego too high," I said and he laughs.
  "I'm actually surprised you were forward enough to say something. These other girls just giggle and blush like I just asked them to marry me," he says.
  "Ahh other girls. Knew you used that line often. Sounded too smooth coming out of your mouth!" I remark and he laughs.
  "Seriously!?" He shakes his head. "Damnit."
  "I caught you there," I point out. "Also, here's a pointer. You don't call a girl cute," I say.
  "Really? Don't they like get offended when you call them hot?" He asks.
  "There are other words than hot and cute," I say. "Cute is like talking to a puppy. You're supposed to call someone's personality cute," I state. "Pretty, there ya go. Gorgeous is a bit too much to start with. Beautiful, sounds like you're trying to hard. So pretty is that in between. While later on hot and beautiful can be used," I said. "Life lesson there!"
  "Well thank you for that," he grins. He had a cute smile. "You know you just called me cute too though."
  "Yes. Becuase you said it first. I wasn't about to give you a better compliment than you gave me!" I said and he laughs.
  "Fair enough," he nods. "I'm Conor by the way."
  "I'm Liv!" I say. "Is your name spelt with one N or 2?" I ask. "Oh my god, I'm sorry that was weird wasn't it?"
He laughs again.
  "One N" he replies.
  "I ask the dumbest questions. I don't know what's wrong with me, this happen all the time" I shake my head.
  "No, it just makes you better to talk to," he says with a grin.
  "That's nice to say. Just give me another 10 minutes and you'll probably run away," I state.
  "Oh, you think I can't handle you!" He says. "I doubt it. You can't posisbly be that weird," he shakes his head. "Even though it has only been 5 minutes and you've asked me if my name had 2 N's in it," he laughs.
  "Whatever," I mumble.
  "Liv!" I hear and an arm wraps around my shoulder. I turn to see Isaac with a wide grin looking at me. "Hi!"
  "You made it!" I exclaim. "You poser. Trying to act like you weren't gonna show up."
  "I only came becuase I thought I would be a bad person if I left you here without a get away car," he shakes his head. "Imagine."
I roll my eyes. I look over to Conor who looked almost worried.
  "Conor, this is Isaac" I point out. "He lives across from me."
  "That's all you introduce me as?" Isaac blinks. "I thought we've established that we are best friends at least!?"
  "Shut up," I laugh. I look at Conor again. "Isaac, this is Conor. Not a frat boy and I just met him," I finish introducing.
  "Hey," Conor says.
  "Hi," Isaac mumbles. I look at his arm around me.Strangle me, or put me in a headlock. Either or. I laugh at myself and they look at me.
  "Nothing," I say. "Look at that I need another drink, I'll be back" I add.
  "I can get it for you," Isaac puts his hand out for my cup.
  "Oh thanks," I grin passing it to him he nods and goes to the table with all the drinks.
  "You guys aren't like dating?" Conor asks.
  "No," I shake my head. "Just friends," I sigh. I look around and I see Alex walk in. With that girl again. She was smiling, she had tons of makeup caked onto her face. I felt a bit sick seeing them together again. I watch as they go to get drinks. Were they a thing? Why do I care? I look away and back to Conor. "I gotta go to the washroom," I tell him and he nods and I walk out of the kitchen and push past people to find a bathroom. I get in and lock the door.