CHAPTER 8

It was already Friday. A successful week of school and meeting people. I just finished all classes and I was heading to the Coffee Shop.
  "Liv!" I hear and turn and see Rachael running to catch up to me. "Hey!" She says breathlessly "I just saw you, thought I'd join ya," she grins.
  "I'm just gonna get some coffee," I reply she nods.
  "How much coffee do you drink a day?" She laughs.
  "Too much," I laugh with her.
  "So!" She smirks and I knew that she was about to suggest something I didn't want to do. It's only been a week in this damn school and I know Rachael almost too well for this short amount of time. But she was also very open and easy to read. "I hear that there is another party tonight! Another frat party!" She tells me and I sigh. Is this what you were supposed to do in University? Just do school weekdays, parties on the weekends? That was fun once in a while. It'll be my second week here and I don't even think I can make the time to go to already another frat party. And I was fresh meat, wasn't that what people were supposed to want? Maybe it was because Alex ruined the last one for me.
  "Blue!" I hear and me and Rach turn. Isaac pops up with a wide grin.
  "Blue?" Rach asks looking confused at us.
  "Just another one of Isaac's many nicknames he's given me," I mutter. "What?" I ask.
  "You're getting coffee right?" He asks. I nod. "Can I join?"
Rachael smirks at me and I roll my eyes.
  "If I answer no won't you still come?" I ask and his smile widens.
  "Exactly," he nods.
  "Are you going to the party tonight? Me and Liv are," Rachael says.
  "Hey, I never answered you!" I state and she shrugs Isaac looks at me then Rachael.
  "I don't know. I'm sure Alex is gonna ask me to," he shrugs. "Haven't made up my mind yet," he looks at me again.
The entire week we've known each other, he was still gorgeous as ever. Snack. Whole meal. A whole meal and a snack. And he still gave me these looks. Like he didn't consider us just friends. He would stare at me, or I'd just catch him looking at me at the most random times. And I don't mind it, like damn I will gladly lose my virginity to you. But it's still weird when Alex is around with him and all. They are roommates and friends. And... Alex is still fresh. I may not have those feelings for him, but it's so weird and new without him. But gladly, he was moving on from my mind faster than I expected.
  "So... did we not like go to a party 3 days ago or something?" I mumble looking at Rachael.
  "A week ago. Don't be dramatic Liv," she says.
  "How many parties are you gonna be dragging me to?" I ask.
  "A lot! It's our first year and we're fresh young meat," she smirks. "We need to get our fill in before we become too old and boring in the future. Live now Liv!" She laughs at herself.
  "You're cringy," I said and Isaac laughs we get to the cafe and get in line.
  "All part of my charm," she says. "Cringy and annoying. I told you these were the best parts of me."
  "The absolute worst," I correct. "Your worst traits."
  "Hey!" She nudges me.
  "You agree?" I ask Isaac.
  "Don't bring me into this!" He laughs. "I'm here for the coffee."
  "No you're not," Rach laughs and I look at her confused. "Anyway... I'm gonna go to the dorms and figure out our clothes for tonight."
  "I can do my own," I say.
  "I'll have it out on your bed for you! See ya!" She grins and walks away I sigh and roll my eyes.
  "You're gonna end up going right?" I ask Isaac. "Not that I care," I add.
  "Not that you care?" He nods with a grin. "I seriously don't know, why? Since you don't care?" He asks.
  "Because... I need a get away for when I'm ready to escape," I say and he laughs.
  "Oh... you're just using me. I get it," he says and I laugh. "You can just text me if you need a ride..." he adds.
  "I don't have your number," I state.
  "Is that your subtle way of asking for it?" He asks with a grin.
  "No," I say. "You wish," I add.
  "Oh hey Liv," Wes says and we move up in the line. "Regular?" He asks and I nod. I look at Isaac.
  "I can get my own coffee," he says.
  "Right, you're an independent man" I shake my head passing my money.
  "Exactly," he replies and I go to the waiting side while Isaac orders his own coffee.
  "Did that feel good? Ordering your own coffee?" I ask.
  "Felt great. I felt really independent... and just really good about myself. I felt grown," he nods. "Satisfying actually."
  "Yeah... I bet," I roll my eyes.
  "Don't roll your eyes at me!" He nudges me and I laugh. We grab our coffees and head out.
  "So... guess you'll be waiting outside of the party for me later today?" I ask. "You forced this on yourself for being my new best friend."
  "Give me your phone," he tells me. I do it without a second thought. "Password?"
  "1012," I say.
  "What's that for?" He asks.
  "My dogs birthday," I reply.
  "Awe, I didn't know you had a dog" he says.
  "You've known me for a week that's why," I state.
  "What type of dog?" He asks.
  "He's a Siberian Husky," I grin at the thought of my dog Hugo.
  "Name?"
  "Hugo."
  "I love dogs," He grins and passes me my phone back.
  "What'd you do?" I ask.
  "Put my number in, since you were too scared to ask for it... ya know," he shakes his head.
  "I was not. If I wanted your number, I would've asked for it. I just didn't want it," I state.
  "Excuse me, you need my number. I'm a great texter, I reply... immediately," he tells me and I shrug. "So... I'll be waiting for your text."
  "It might never come," I say sipping my coffee.
  "Put your name for clarification when you do end up texting me," he says.
  "You're annoying."
  "So I've heard. I like to call it charming, cute or quirky," he shrugs. "Seems like a better description."
  "I think annoying is perfect. Unnerving... is also something," I tell him.
  "We get it, miss four-eyes is an english major. Don't use big words on me," he laughs at himself. I roll my eyes and laugh.
  "Shut up. Is that too big for you?" I ask.
  "Yeah, I don't know what that means. Shut up? Can you give me the definition?" He asks.
  "It means... to eat my ass," I say and he laughs.
  "Funny."

~

I watch as Rachael forces clothes into my hands and tells me that I should wear this with this, with also this. It goes on and on.
  "Rachael. I'm just gonna wear this," I say grabbing my denim really ripped jeans with a long sleeve bright green crop top. "Nothing fancy. Dude you need to chill," I tell her pushing off the excess clothes she gave me.
  "But this dress, would be so nice on your body!" She pulls out my cordaroy black zip up dress.
  "I'm gonna be pulling it down all night if I do wear it," I say. I stare at it. It was a cute dress, but not something I'd want to wear at a frat party. "And it's tight."
  "You're boring. Don't you want Isaac to be like damn!" She says.
  "No," I mumble. "We're just friends. And it's my body, he can deal with whatever I wear."
  "Just friends?" She scoffs. "Don't lie. I can see that sexual tension, that attraction between you two," she wiggles her eyebrows.
  "He's hot. But I don't really think he see's me more than a friend," I shrug.
  "I think you're way more friendly to him than he is to you," she laughs. "Believe me. I watch... intensely."
  "Whatever. We aren't anything. Can't I just wear these? They make my butt look nice at least," I laugh.
  "You and your jeans. Is that all you wear?" She sighs.
  "Mostly yes," I nod. I get off my bed and go to my side of the closet. I grab my button down ruffled crop type top. "I'll compromise and be more of a girl by wearing this," I say with a grin. "Better?" I ask. "Let's do our makeup," I say grabbing my bag and heading into the washroom. I hear the shower on from the next door. I open my makeup bag and grab my beauty blender wetting it. The door opens next to me and Scott peeps his head through his hair wet.
  "Hey Liv," he grins. "Do you have a towel I can borrow?" He asks. "Cam didn't do our laundry," he adds.
  "Yeah here," I grab one as Rach walks in.
  "What do you think of this?" She asks putting a dress to her body and then taking off to reveal her in a bra and underwear. "Or nah?" She looks up and see's Isaac and her cheeks turn bright pink. "Scott!" She squeaks and puts the dress back to her body and he smirks.
  "Hey," he says. I laugh.
  "Here you go," I give him the towel.
  "Nice seeing you guys," he grins and winks at Rachael then closes the door.
  "Fuck my entire ASS!" Rachael groans. "That was so embarrassing."
  "No it wasn't," I laugh. "It's fine. He got to see you half naked, isn't this what you want?"
  "Not right now! Not while I don't have my makeup and don't even look hot," she sighs.
  "You look hot. Don't be dramatic, and I like that one," I point to the red dress she had in her hand.
  "Okay," she shakes her head and leaves. I start on my makeup and play some music on my phone. "So, what type of makeup should I do? What are you doing?" Rach comes back into the washroom.
  "I don't know. I'm just going with the flow," I shrug dabbing my foundation on.
I grab my phone and go on to change the song and then I remember I have Isaac's number. I go to my contacts and see.

ISAAC.. HOT NEIGHBOUR

I roll my eyes pressing on his name and then the message bar and my fingers hover over the keyboard. And I grin and type.

ME: Isaac Newton

I stare at it waiting for the three dots to pop up and they do... very quickly.

...

ISAAC NEWTON: What?
ISAAC NEWTON: Oliva? I thought you weren't gonna text me...
ISAAC NEWTON: You have no willpower

ME: There's your nickname Isaac Newton, cause you like math!

ISAAC NEWTON: Excuse me... everyone hates Isaac Newton

ME: Everyone hates calculus. It's different.
ME: Anyway, gotta go. I'm getting ready. Just wanted to tell you the news!

I put on music, put my phone down and continue with my makeup as my phone lights us from another text from him but I just ignore it.