CHAPTER 24

I spread my arms out in the air. Letting the California fall breeze hit my arms and I sing.
"ITS GONNA TAKE A LOT TO DRAG ME AWAY FROM YOUUU. THERE'S NOTHING THAT A HUNDRED MEN OR MORE COULD EVER DOOO!" Africa by Toto. The most legendary song out there. "I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AFRICA!"
I turn around to see them all walking behind me and watching me sing. So... I was drunk, I am drunk. Tipsy, I wasn't belligerent... I was just ya know. It's been a couple of hours. So, drunk. How many times can I say that? The more I think about it... the weirder the word gets. "Someone sing with me! So I don't sound like a loser!" I sing out.
  "Too late," Miles mumbles and I flip him off.
  "FUCKKKKK YOUUU!" I sing out now and Rachael laughs. "Isaac?" I look at him.
  "Why me?" He asks. "I have a horrible voice... GONNA TAKE A LOT TO DRAG ME AWAY FROM YOUUUU!" He sings and I laugh.
  "THERE'S NOTHING THAT A HUNDRED MEN OR MORE COULD EVER DOOOOO!" We both sing.
  "Guys, shut up!" Rachael mumbles while Scott was laughing, Miles was in his permanent not giving s fuck mood and Noah was dancing. What is this group of fools?
  "No!" I exclaim. "Isaac and I are the only cool ones here!" I add.
"Rude!" Scott was the one to say that.
"Scott... you're decent," I mumble putting my arm around Isaac going on my tippy toes.
"Excuse me!?" Rachael looks at me. "I'm your roommate none of these people matter!" She tells me and I shrug.
"You told me to shut up," I say and Isaac laughs. I sip my drink. "Now... what's another song I can sing Isaac?" I look at him. He shrugs. "Not the answer I was looking for!" I mutter.
"Miles hit me with a song," I point to him.
"No," is all he says. I roll my eyes.
"Have a beer and lighten up!" I tell him and he laughs. "Noah!" I point to him and he just looks at me. "Well... I guess I'll go with my gut guys..." I sigh.

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE! LOVING SOMEONE THATS IN A RUSH TO THROW YOU AWAY!" I sing the ping pong song, Enrique Iglesias. One of the best.
"Oh my god!" Ryan laughs. "This song brings me back."
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE THE LAST ONE TO KNOW THE LOCK ON THE DOORS HAVE CHANGED!" I sing well... pretty much yell.
Tonight has started off fun. I plan to have even more by the end.

~

I sit down on a swing with a wide smile. I found a park. So I took that and ran with it, I made us all stay here instead of walking around.
  "Isaac... push me?" I ask. He turns around.
  "Don't puke everywhere," he tells me going behind me and I laugh.
  "Ew imagine," I say. "Yuck."
He pushes me and I watch as Scott, Noah and Miles were talking about something.
After pushing me Isaac gets on the swing next to me.
"You know what I was scared of when I was younger?" I laugh at myself. Isaac looks at me and smiles.
  "What?" He asks.
  "Flipping on this," I point. "Like swinging so hard, that I'd actually do that thing where they double flip it," I tell him and he laughs.
"Really?"
"Yes! One time my mom was like, don't go too high or you'll flip," I state. "It mortified me."
"Why would she tell you that!?" He laughs.
"Because, I used to go flying on those things," I shrug. "And maybe it was possible."
"No."
"If you're a little kid. I'm sure something could happen," I nod.
"I don't think so," he shakes his head.
"Isaac, don't disagree with me. I don't like that," I say and he chuckles.
"Fine. You're right," he says.
"Too late," I mumble. I look up as I swing my stomach doing a flip and I laugh a little. "It's a beautiful day to save lives!" I remark.
"It's night," I hear Miles and I look down to look at him.
"Miles. Fuck off!" I kick the rocks from the ground in his direction and he laughs.
"You said day!" He exclaims.
"It's from Greys Anatomy you fucker!" I reply and Scott laughs.
"Ferry boat scrub cap!" Scott mumbles.
"Oh my god! You watch!?" I ask.
"Yes. And I stopped after he died," he nods.
"Me too!" I nod. "What is the show without ducking McDreamy," I mumble.
"Yeah. Not even gonna lie, I cried like a little bitch when he died," he says and I laugh.
"Whoever didn't... must be entirely heartless!" I say.
"This is like watching two nerds talking about comic books!" Rachael laughs.
"Shut up!" We both say. "It's Greys Anatomy. Learn it," I tell her.
"I've watched the show," she mutters.
"Oh my god! Isaacs gonna be like.. the real like McDreamy!" I state and look at him. Rachael and Ryan laugh.
"That is so true!" Rachael nods.
"You wanna be a doctor?" Scott asks.
"I'm neurology too!" I look at Scott.
"Can we not talk about me," Isaac laughs.
"Dude!" Scott says. "Don't die in a car accident."
"I wasn't planning on that," Isaac says and I laugh.
"You should be so flattered right now. Patrick Dempsey is a dilf daddy," I state. "So you're welcome."
"Thanks," he shrugs.
"Wait... I just had a horrible realization!" Scott mumbles. "I don't know what I plan to do with my life."
"Oh my god," I slow the swing down and get off. "You're in the first year, you'll be fine," I pat his shoulder and walk over to the playground. "Not everyone is McDreamy over there ready to be a surgeon," I state.
"One hot surgeon," Rachael mumbles. "I'm not trying to compliment you. Don't let it go to your smart-ass head," she adds.
"I won't," he laughs.
"It's fine. I don't even know what I'm doing. I majored in something I barely care for," Rachael says. "Also, look at Noah he's a lost cause."
"Hey!!" Now states and I laugh. I walk up the slide and onto the playground that was decently big. "You're a lost cause, Rachael."
"At least I know that," Rachael nods. I sit at the top of the slide watching the sky as they all talk.