CHAPTER 56

I woke up wrapped in Isaac's arms, and his scent just made me smile. His arm was wrapped around me and I was curled up against his chest my arm around his waist.
I was laying in just his shirt and I never felt like moving from this spot, it was comfortable and warm. And the feeling I had in my stomach almost felt new. Different. I was falling for Isaac and I was falling hard for him. I just hope he was feeling the same way.
I look up to him, his eyes closed and his light snores filled the room. He looked so peaceful like he had no worries in the world. There was a piece of hair just over his eye, and he had a little stubble on his chin and jaw. He looked so good in the morning. Was that possible? Because last I recall, I look like a rat in the morning. His eyes slowly flutter open and he blinks multiple times before he looks down at me.

  "Geez, why are you staring?" He asks and I shrug.
  "You look nice," I admit.
  "Thanks," he laughs. "I already knew that though."
  "Oh don't ruin it!" I groan and he chuckles.
  "I'm kidding," he said moving his hand down to my thigh that was across his lower half. "You look pretty hot right now."
  "Now that's a lie, I know I look like a rat," I tell him and he shakes his head.
  "Wrong," he tells me. "You almost just gave me a boner."
  "Stop," I laugh and he leans down slowly kissing my lips. I pull away and sigh. "What are we doing today?"
  "I was thinking nothing," he shrugs. "I kinda wanna stay in, but if you want to do something we can.." he adds.
  "No, I'm fine with staying in," I nod.
I stare at him for a minute just wondering if he was doing okay. He was hiding his emotions well right now.
  "Stop staring at me," he says.
  "You always stare at me," I tell him.
  "Because you're beautiful, you're staring at me because my mom just died," he said.
  "Isaac," I say and he turns to lay on his back.
  "What? I know you are, I'm fine Liv," he says.
  "You're not okay," I said.
  "But I am."
  "You can't be.." I remark.
  "Well I am," he looks at me. "Stop giving me those looks, I know it's sad, but this is my way of grieving so let me," he tells me and he was drawing circles on a part of my thigh.
  "Okay," I say. "Fine. I just feel like you're hiding yourself."
  "No, I'm not!" He exclaims almost defensively and I look at him. "I'm not..." he says more calmly.
Every since we were on that phone that night he called me, he got a little emotional there, and then it's almost like he got weird after that.
But maybe I shouldn't push it, I can get weird in emotional situations. So I understand, maybe I should just back off.
  "Okay," I say. I don't want to be overbearing or annoying, I'm just trying to be there. But maybe he'll come along. I should know out of all people how much space I need when something happens.
  "Liv," he says.
  "Hmm?" I look over to him.
  "Thank you."
  "I didn't do anything," I shrug.
  "For being here for me," he says. "You're worried, but I'm fine."
  "I know," I mumble. I'm fine. The epitome of I'm not fine.

~

  "Tell me things! I missed you!!" Rachael exclaims as we were getting coffee from the cafe. I went to get me and Isaac coffee while he showered and Rachael was down here.
  "There's not much to tell you," I laugh. "And I missed you too!"
  "I know, we have so much to catch up on! All the partying," she smiles.
  "Oh god," I said and she laughs.
  "There's gonna be one next weekend, we're going," she says.
  "It's the weekend, and you already know when the next party will be the next weekend... geez," I say and she nods.
  "So how's Isaac?" She asks.
  "He's good," I nod.
I know I told Jude about his mom, but that's Jude he doesn't know the guy he wouldn't blurt it out anywhere. But I wasn't gonna tell Rachael, Isaac can tell her if he wanted to.
  "We've been chilling in bed all day," I add.
  "Ooh, missed each other huh?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I laugh nudging her.
  "Shut up," I say.
  "Must've been so deprived without him for a couple weeks. I could just imagine. I am, and that's just by his looks," she shakes her head and I laugh.
  "Stop!" I say and she laughs with me. I grab our coffees as the barista passes it to me.
  "Okay, well... I'll let you be with your man for today. But you better be back in our dorm tomorrow so we can gossip!" She retorts.
  "Of course," I nod. "I'll see you later?"
  "Yeah bye!" She smiles and waves.
I leave the cafe and head back toward the dorms. The coffee here, still adequately great.
I walk into Isaac's dorm and I heard the shower still on. I walk in and out the coffees on his desk.
I get on his bed and pull out my phone.
I had some messages from Ella.