CHAPTER 41

I walk into work and it wasn't busy at all.
  "Hey Liv," Penelope smiles when she sees me. She puts a cup down.
  "Hey," I wave. "You the only one working out here today?" I ask.
  "Mary's on her break," she tells me and I nod heading to the back.
I put my stuff in my locker and then put on my apron and head into the kitchen.
  "Hey guys," I say grabbing my name tag.
  "Hey," they reply.
I walk out putting my hair up into a ponytail.
  "It's not busy at all," I tell Peni.
  "I know," she sighs. "No good tip money today," she adds.
Tip money was what I discovered to be the best. You can earn a lot with that, and it's yours to keep because they're tipping you. Some people tip a lot, some people tip barely anything. But, it's still cool.
  "You think it could get busier? It's only 12:00," I said. It was Saturday. I worked till 8:30 tonight.
  "Yeah," she shrugs. "Hopefully it fills up a bit," she says. "When do you work till?" She asks.
  "8:30 you?" I ask.
  "Same," she replies. "Have any plans tonight?"
  "No," I said turning the coffee machine on. "How about you?"
  "I was planning on going to a party, but I think I'll be too exhausted when I'm done," she says. "I'd have to shower, get ready... it's all too much," she waves it off and I nod. "I swear ever since I've gotten a job I've become the biggest grandma," she laughs. "I don't do anything. My friends hate me."
  "Dude Same," I laugh. "It's exhausting," I say. "We're on our feet all day. I do not want to be dancing on them too."
  "Exactly," she laughs. "I wanna literally just watch Law and Order and eat pizza," she says.
  "Oh my god! You watch SVU?" I ask.
  "Is that weird?" She asks.
  "No," I shake my head. "My roommate doesn't watch it and I do," I said. "She always acts like it's something weird."
  "No, I love it," she says. "Guilty pleasure."
  "I know," I nod. "I'm just watching old seasons now though," I say. "I miss the ones with Elliot."
  "The old ones are the best," she agrees. "Can you make me a coffee?" She asks as I start making myself a coffee.
  "Yeah of course," I nod.
  "I'll be right back," she tells me walking off with the pitcher of water. Penelope was super cool, we were work friends, but I should ask her to hang out more.

I make our coffees and a group of people walk in moving into a booth on my side. I grab my notepad and head over there with mean.
  "Hi, welcome to Judie's," I said. "I'm Liv your server, can I start you guys off with any drinks?" I ask putting the menus down onto the table in front of all the people. It was a group of guys, probably who went to the university.
"Hello," one guy smirks pushing back his floppy brown hair. "I'm Pete," he says.
"Okay, is that a drink...?" I ask and his friends laugh looking at him.
"I'll have a coke," another guy grins over to me and I nod writing it down.
"Same," another says.
"I'll get water," one other says. And now it was up to Pete to tell me what he wanted, not his name.
"And for you?" I ask him again.
"Coke," he tells me staring at me intensely. Ugh. You wish sir. I nod.
"I'll get that for you," I nod and head off. Guys are so annoying.
Penelope was sipping her coffee.
"I saw the group, any hotties?" She asks. "Not that it should matter to you, you have a boyfriend."
"None of them are hot," I tell her grabbing cups to fill with water and coke. "Unless you're into footballer look," I add.
"Footballs too aggressive," she mutters.
"Plus football players always end up murdering their wives," I add and she laughs. I put the drinks on a trey. "I'm serious!"
"Yeah... OJ Simpson," she nods and I laugh.
"Yup."
I walk back over passing out the drinks.
"Did you guys need more time with the menu or are you good to order?" I put the true under my arm pulling out my notepad and pen.
"I think we're good," Pete says staring at me again. "So... 310, 004, 5501," Pete says and I look at him confused.
"Sorry what?" I ask.
"That's my number," he tells me and I almost laugh.
"Oh..." I said. "And I would want that why?" I ask.
"Why not is the real question," he smirks and I merely roll my eyes but I stop myself.
"I'm not interested," I state and his friends laugh again. He looked shocked. Like a girl would never turn him down, but I wouldn't be surprised if many girls have.
"You have a boyfriend?" He asks.
"Yes, but that's not why," I add.
"Ooh," one guy says and Pete glares at him.
"Why?"
"I don't know you, I don't think what you did was charming in any way. I don't think any girl would think so, just for future references, and you come off... douche-y," I admit. "I'm only telling you this, so you know what to fix for the next girl," I say.
"Douche-y?" He asks.
"You have that vibe."
"How?"
"Ask yourself how, it's just radiating off of you," I shrug.
"I'm not trying," he says. This guy just went from flirting to genuinely curious why he's not interesting.
"You're too cocky," I said.
"You don't even know me."
"I know a cocky guy when I see one," I reply. "I'm cocky," I add and he laughs. "Can I get your orders now?"
  "Damn," Pete sighs. "I have to rethink a lot," he adds and I nod.
They order and I bring it in.