CHAPTER 15

I wake up to my alarm and I groan turning it off. It was 9:30, I had class at 10:00 and... it was one of those days. I have a couple Instagram notifications but I ignore that and sit up grabbing my glasses. I then see Noah on the floor,  with a blanket and pillow alseep. The blanket was half off half on him and he was sprawled across the floor. I laugh throwing my legs off my bed and hopping off of it. Rachael was snoring loudly and her leg was flailing off her bed. I walk to the bathroom and into it and I heard the shower next door on. I never understood people who showered before school. I don't have that time to shave, and I don't want to have wet hair while going to class and... how much earlier do you have to wake up? Too much effort. I brush my teeth and my hair because it was crazy. I put it up into a messy high-pony and I walk out of the bathroom and I see Noah sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

  "Morning," I mutter going to my side of the closet. I grab my sweatpants and a tank top.
  "Morning," he says. "What time is it?" He yawns.
  "9:40 or something," I shrug. "You have classes?"
  "At 10:00," he sighs. "I'm dead."
  "Why?" I laugh.
  "The floor," he replies. "My back is dead."
  "Why did you sleep here?" I ask.
  "Rude question," he laughs.
  "I didn't say I didn't want you here. I asked why," I shrug.
  "I was tired, and you know," he shrugs.
  "You might want to go change, you're wasting time," I walk back into the bathroom and change. It was one comfy day for me. I walk out and grab my socks slipping those on and then my shoes right after. Noah was standing and grabbing his stuff. I grab my bag and he looks at Rachael.
  "Does she go to class?" He asks.
  "I think she put them all for like 1 or something so she can sleep," I shrug and he laughs. I open the door and Noah leaves with me just as the door across from us open and Isaac and Alex walk out. Isaac smiles when he sees me and then looks at Noah and his smile drops.
  "Morning Isaac," I said.
  "Hey... morning," he replied.
  "And you thought I was hopping around from girl to girl," Alex shakes his head and I turn to him. I let out a single laugh.
  "Fuck off," I said and walked away. Noah was following me.
  "Ex?" He asks as we get to the elevator. I close it before they could join us in here.
  "Yep," I nod.
  "Oof, right across from you," he says. "Annoying, plus you're friends with the roommate."
  "Yeah, I just avoid him as much as possible," I shrug and he nods. We stop on another floor.
  "This is me, see you later?" He smiles.
  "Yeah, bye" I reply and he leaves the elevator.

I get the lobby and go so I can catch coffee before I go to class.

  "Hey!" Maisie grins. "Just the regular for you?"
  "Yeah," I nod.
  "You look like you've had enough of everyone's bullshit and it's not even 10:00," she tells me as I pass her the money.
  "I have," I nod. "It's too early to see your ex... and have him try to call you a slut right?" I said and she passes me the change.
  "Seriously?" She asks and I nod. "He's a slut. How dare he."
  "Just because one of my roommate's guy friends slept over and came out with me this morning," I add.
  "Wow... he must miss the fuck out of you," she shakes her head making the coffee.
  "I don't know, I think he's just bitter because I called him out on his bullshit," I shrug and she passes me the coffee. "Thanks."
  "Hope it makes you feel better. Plus, men ain't shit," she grins and I laugh.
  "Hey, you're breaking my heart," we hear and Isaac was there. "I thought I was one of the decent ones."
  "None of them are decent," we both say and laugh.
  "I don't feel welcome," he jokes.
I hated that I told him not to kiss me again. He looked extra hot today. He was wearing some black jeans with a navy blue top that always looked really nice on him. His hair was messy like he didn't do anything to it after he woke up. And he was wearing boot type shoes. I wanted to make out with him... AGAIN! And AGAIN!
But, I was just with Alex... for a year or more. And just like it was nothing broke up with me so he could fool around in university. And Isaac, kissing me without doing anything about it, like I was just gonna keep letting him do that without knowing if he liked me or not... which was clearly not because he would've said something after I told him to stop kissing me right? Like, be like, I was kissing you because I like you, not sorry I will stop. It's so underwhelming.
  "Did you want a coffee or?" Maisie asks.
  "I'll have Liv's regular," he looks at me and grins.
  "Cool," she puts it in and he gives her the money and she makes him his coffee.
  "Thanks for helping me with the project," he comes by me and I nod.
  "Yeah, it was easy... so I won't give you a hard time about it," I said and he laughs.
  "Anything... that doesn't involve writing. I'm willing to help," he says and I nod. "Sorry about Alex," he adds.
  "It's Alex. I don't take it, personal and you don't need to apologize," I mumble.
  "Yeah, but... he can be a real douche."
  "Mm," I nod. "Anyway, I gotta go. My class starts in 5," I point out.
  "See you after?" He asks.
  "Sure," I shrug "Or whenever."
  "Ok," he nods and smiles. "See you!"
I nod and leave the cafe and toward my class.

~

I walk out of my class with my books in hand. My phone rings in my pocket and I grab it. Rachael's name popped up on my screen.
  "Hey," I answer.
  "Hey biotch," she replies.
  "What's up?" I ask, walking towards the cafe.
  "Ryan and I are going shopping," she says. "I was wondering if you wanted to come."
  "At the mall?" I ask.
  "Yeah, are you done classes?" She asks.
  "Yeah, I am," I nod, even though she can't see. "Sure, I'll come. I need some new vans," I said.
  "Cool, Ryan's coming over now and we'll wait," she tells me.
  "Okay, I'm grabbing a coffee. Want anything?" I ask.
  "No," she says. "See you," she adds and I hang up.

I get my coffee and head back toward the dorms.
I walk into the dorm building and to the elevator. When I get in I turn to press the button and Isaac walks in.
  "Hey," he grins.
  "Hey," I reply sipping my coffee.
  "I don't think I see you without a coffee," he laughs and it makes me grin.
  "That's dramatic because you have," I said.
  "Oh shut up!" He says and I laugh.
  "Well, you aren't stating facts."
  "Excuse me, I always state facts," he says.
  "False," I state and he laughs with an eye roll.
  "You're annoying," he says. "And that's a fact."
  "Oh eat my ass," I tell him and he laughs again. The elevator dings and we both get off.
  "Are you busy?" He asks as we get to our doors.
  "Yeah actually," I nod. "I'm gonna go to the mall with Rach and Ryan. I need new vans," I reply and he nods.
  "That Noah guy too?" He asks looking down at his hand and grabbing at his pointer finger.
  "No," I shake my head. "Not that she told me anyway."
  "Ahh, well... I'll probably text you later," he says and I nod.
  "That's fine," I laugh. "See you later," I turn to the door.
  "You better show me your shoes after," he adds and I look over my shoulder.
  "I'll probably send you pictures of a couple and ask for your opinion even though I don't care about it," I said and he laughs.
  "I'm a bit offended... even though it was a lie..." he says.
  "It wasn't. Bye," I say and he chuckles as I walk into the room. "I'm here," I said walking into the room and closing the door. Rachael was putting on her shoes looks up and Ryan was sitting down. I put my bags on my bed.
  "Cool, you ready?" She asks and I nod.
  "Yeah, I'm not gonna change or anything," I say.
  "I like those sweatpants, where did you get them from?" Ryan asks.
  "Top Shop," I look down at them. They were my light grey sinched at the ankle sweatpants. "Super comfortable also," I add and she nods.
  "Might need to get a pair today," she says.
  "You should."
I keep my backpack on my back and they grab their bags and we all head out.
  "So, Ryan's driving. We don't want to walk 20 minutes there and back," Rachael tells me.
  "That's fine," I nod and lock our dorm door. "Let's go."
  "So, why don't you go for a different type of shoe and not always the Vans?" Rachael asks with a slight laugh.
  "They're my style. Plus they're comfortable and go with everything and... I like them," I shrug.
  "What about some Filas or Adidas?" She asks.
  "Leave her dude, Vans are cool," Ryan laughs. "Not everyone is a brand whore who needs to wear what's in style right away."
  "Exactly!!" I add and Rachael rolls her eyes but laughs as we get into the elevator to go down.
  "Fuck off, both of you," she says and Ryan and I laugh this time.

****************************************

A/N

Hey! Well... this was a simple chapter. But I wanted to add some friends in instead of the same boring school day. Anyway... I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. Sorry if it takes me time to update. I need some processing, I've been doing a lot lately. But enjoy guys! Xoxo.

-Jana❤️