CHAPTER 71

This week really went by in a blur. It was Friday and I don't even know how it happened to fast. I was at work, it wasn't too busy this afternoon which was surprising. I was off in an hour and I couldn't wait, besides the fact that Rachael is gonna try to force me to come to a party tonight.
Maybe not force, I could use a night out. I was wiping down a counter, and my mind had been on Isaac. After we resolved things, we resolved some more things... if you know what I mean. But it was good today, he was in classes and I didn't have any today. He would probably come out with us later too. So today was a decent day so far. Just gotta way for the night to come and maybe ruin it.

  "Earth to Liv!" I hear and turn around seeing Peni looking at me and laughing. "You were just completely out of it huh?"
  "Sorry, I was just thinking," I laugh. "What's up?"
  "If you clean that table anymore it'll look like Mr. Cleans' head," she laughs at her own joke and I do too.
  "Whatever," I head over to the counter. "When are you off?" I ask.
  "30 minutes, you?" She asks back.
  "An hour," I reply. "You coming out tonight. I know there's a party somewhere," I shrug. "Rachael will probably ask me to go."
  "Yeah I think so," she nods. "I need to go out. I need to flirt you know," she mumbles and I nod. "Just text me and we can link up!" She says.
  "Sure," I nod. "I gotta ask Jude if he's gonna come out," I say.
  "Jude, that's your friend that came in here once right?" She asks and I nod. "He's cute."
  "Yeah," I shrug and look over to her. "Hey! Maybe you two can flirt huh?"
  "Oh," she blushes slightly. "I don't know, he's one of your friends. Is that weird?" She asks.
  "Not for me," I shake my head.
  "Okay, maybe. If he flirts with me obviously," she mumbles.
  "He thinks your cute. He will," I tell her.
  "Okay," she nods. "Cool, cool," she says nonchalantly and I laugh.
  "It's not busy today," I say.
  "Yeah, and it's Friday," she agrees. "Weird."
  "Yeah," I lean against the counter. "I'm bored," I mumble.
  "Take the 2 people on my side then," she points to the old couples on her area of the diner.
  "No thanks," I say and she laughs nudging me.

~

After work, I was right. Rachael asked me to go out with her, and when I said sure, she was completely confused and happy.
So now, we were getting ready. I decided to wear my loose ripped denim jeans and a Levi's crop top. I did some light makeup. I wasn't one for getting all fancy, which most people know that about me by now.

  "So, Noah's gonna be there obviously," she tells me as she applies mascara to eyelashes.
  "Ooh, you guys gonna flirt?" I ask.
  "Hopefully," she nods. "He's been more friendly I guess. I think..." she drifts.
  "He has," I nod. "He's always hanging out around you lately."
  "Yeah," she grins. "Is Isaac coming?"
  "Yeah," I nod. "I think Jude too, he hasn't replied to my latest message," I shrug.
  "Ugh, whatever about him," she says and I laugh.
Speak of the devil my phone rings from a call from him.
  "Hey, I was just talking about you," I answer to the phone.
  "Oh really?" He asks. "Why?" He laughs.
  "I was wondering why you haven't replied to my last text," I put him on speaker and apply my mascara as the finishing touch to my makeup.
  "Yeah, I was going to. Then I decided to call," he replies. "Should I come out? Cause I'm kind of conflicted," he sighs.
  "You should!" I tell him. "Penelope, the girl I work with is coming out. She thinks you're cute..." I say hopefully.
  "Really?" I heard the slight grin on his lips.
  "Yeah," I nod even though he couldn't see. I put my makeup into my bag and stand up. "So come on, she needs someone to flirt with," I add.
  "Hmm..." he hums. "Okay, sure, why not. No need to twist my arm," he says and I laugh. "I'll meet you guys there?"
  "Yeah," I nod. "I don't know when she'll be there, but I'll text her!" I chirp.
  "Kay, see you in an hour or whatever," he remarks.
  "Bye!" I say and hang up.
  "Does that girl know he's kind of annoying?" Rachael asks.
  "Rach, not everyone sees people the way you do," I laugh and she shrugs.
  "They should," she mumbles. I go to the closet and grab my flannel cover over just in case.
  "Hey Liv," I heard and turn toward the bathroom. Scott was halfway through the shower room door.
  "Oh, Scott!" I say. "Hi, what's up?"
  "Have a brush I can borrow?" He asks.
  "Oh sure," I step into the bathroom and go into the drawer. "Here," I pass it to him.
  "Thanks," he grins. "Coming out tonight?" He asks and I nod. "Cool, thanks again! I'll put it back after."
  "Okay," I nod and he goes back. "What happened with you and Scott again?" I ask Rachael.
  "I'm nothing, we just stopped sleeping with each other," she shrugs and I nod. "You told me because I like Noah!"
  "Right, right," I nod again.