CHAPTER 12

"They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy!!" I yell out the lyrics to the song Dreams from The Greatest Showman. "They can say, they can say I've lost my mind!!" I tape up a photo to my wall finishing off my side of the room. Rachael was out. We came back from our lunch and then she went back out to hang out with someone a bit ago.
"Cause every night I lie in bed! The brightest colors fill my head! A million dreams are keeping in me awake!!" I sing out also dancing. The Greatest Showman! One of the best musicals... hands down. Don't care what you say. I was literally doing my own musical on my own dancing and singing like a loser.
  "Liv!!" I hear and turn and Rachael was there laughing. With people just behind her. I shut up and felt my cheeks heat with a blush. There were 2 girls and a guy who was grinning at me. He was kinda cute too. So that made it worse!! Of course. This would only happen to me. I go over to my speaker turning the music down.
  "Um..." I said and Rachael laughs. "I thought you were out."
  "We're back," she says. I scratch my forehead.
  "Nice song choice," the guy says and I nod.
  "I'm not offended because it is a good song," I said.
  "I was being serious," he says. He runs a hand through his floppy dark hair.
He was tall, lean. With sharp features, a sharp jawline, intense dark green eyes, and sharp eyebrows. He had that intensely hot look that made him look super dark, but also like he would be a really cool guy. He was wearing black jeans with a long sleeve grey shirt. "I like the movie."
  "Really?" One of the girls laughs. "You like musicals?"
  "Surprising Ry?" He asks and she nods sitting on Rachael's bed.
  "Hi, I'm Ryan," she says to me. "Nice singing," she laughs.
  "Liv," I mumble. "Don't talk about it," I add and the guy laughs.
  "I'm Jess!" Another girl sits next to Ryan.
Ryan, she was tall with dark curly hair, she was super tan and was actually really pretty, with big brown eyes. Then, Jess, she was a small petit short haired blond with round blue, grey eyes and wearing some fancy-ass makeup like she was going out.
  "Hi," I said. I wanted to leave. I wasn't about to sit in a room full of Rachael's friends who just heard me sing! This is embarrassing. With a hot ass guy right there too.
  "I'm Noah," the guy tells me. I nod. I was holding some scotch tape in one hand and another poster of Star Wars in my other hand. "Sick poster," he points to it and I look at it like I didn't know what it was.
  "Oh, thanks! I got it from a puzzle actually," I admit and he laughs.
  "Why do you have so many personalities?" Rachael laughs. I look at my wall. I had some grungy posters, some weird trippy ones, delicate soft ones and some space ones.
  "I like a lot of things," I shrug. "This isn't even half of what goes on up here," I motion to my head. "Star Wars isn't even like one of my favourites. I just have the poster," I add and Noah laughs.
  "Damn, you're weird," Ryan tells me and I laugh.
  "Yeah... I know," I nod. "I hit my head a lot as a kid. So... that might explain it," I add and she laughs and Noah just grins a bit. It's weird, I say things, not trying to be funny and I end up being funny. It's like people like when I'm an awkward mess.
  "Makes sense," Rachael laughs.
  "Oh fuck you," I flip her off and she laughs more. "You were obsessed when you first walked through that door."
  "You wish!" Rachael exclaims and I shake my head.
  "I didn't have to."
  "Are you from California?" Noah asks going over and sitting at Rachael's desk.
  "No, I'm from Arizona," I reply.
  "Cool," Jess says.
  "Not that cool," I shake my head. "It's just hot desert all year round. It's honestly just whatever," I said. "Are you guys all from here?" I ask.
  "Yea," Ryan and Jess nod.
  "I'm not," Noah says. "I'm from Colorado," he says.
  "I've always wanted to go!" I said. "Where in?"
  "Denver," he replies.
  "So Noah is like the only one here whose seen snow," Jess says. "What's it like?"
  "It's white and cold," he says. "What would you like me to say it's a magical flake that drops from the sky and fills outside?" He explains and I laugh. "I'm not a writer."
  "Liv is!" Rachael says. They look at me.
  "No one asked," I tell Rachael. "And I'm not a writer," I add.
  "You major in shit for it, same thing," Rachael shrugs and I roll my eyes.
  "That's cool," Noah says. I shrug.
  "You've seen snow. That's cooler," I point out and he laughs.
  "It's literally nothing special!" He says.
  "That's because you've experienced it so many times. We haven't," I say!
  "Ok, true" he nods. I get on my bed looking for a place to put this and I find one standing and putting it by one of my weird trippy posters. I tape if down satisfied with what the wall looks like.
  "Nice ass," Rachael says.
  "Thanks," I replied sitting down.
  "Liv," Isaac walks in. "You're good at writing right?" He asks and I turn to him and he looks up at me, but his eyes taking his time raking my body.
  "It's my major asshat," I said and he laughs.
  "Can you help me with something?" He asks.
  "Since when were you allowed to just walk into our room?" Rachael asks.
  "Since Liv started walking into mine," he remarks. I laugh. "She also made me listen to her singing the Greatest Showman for almost an hour!"
  "You heard that?" I ask putting a hand over my mouth. "How much more embarrassing could I get?"
Noah laughs. "It's not funny dude!"
  "It's funny," he nods and Isaac looks over to him. "Also kinda cute," he adds.
  "That's nice. And so wrong!" I said and he chuckles.
  "Why are there so many people in this room?" Ryan asks.
  "Noah leave," Jess says and he looks at her.
  "Why me?" He asks.
  "Because I wasn't about to ask him to leave. Look at that," she points to Isaac and I laugh. I totally understand!! Dad! Isaac looks back at me.
  "So?" He asks.
  "Sure what's it for?" I ask sitting down on the bed.
  "Science," he replies and I stare at him.
  "I'm not that smart," I tell him and he laughs.
  "I don't want you to do my whole assignment," he laughs. "I just need some major help, because I suck at writing."
  "Ok, when is it due?" I ask.
  "Tuesday," he tells me. "For the past hour, I've been working on it... I've only got one word on the page. And it's SCIENCE. All capitals," he tells me and I laugh.
  "Can we work on it tomorrow after class?" I ask.
  "Sure," he nods.
  "The writer, putting her knowledge to use!" Noah says and I laugh. "What do you write? And can I read it?"
  "Stuff and fuck no," I reply and Isaac looks at the guy and he looked a bit annoyed in my opinion.
  "Why not! I can be a critic for you!" He tells me.
  "No dude! I just met you and I haven't even let my mom read what I write. And we're close," I said and he laughs.
  "Someday?" He asks.
  "If I become famous," I nod.
  "Damn, that might never happen," he shakes his head.
  "Rude!" I state and he laughs.
  "I mean, without me knowing how you write, I wouldn't know because you're either good or bad," he shrugs.
  "That's not gonna work on me," I tell him and he sighs.
  "Damnit."
  "Yeah, try harder," I nod.
  "You're kinda harsh," he tells me and I laugh.
  "I actually get that a lot more than I would like," I sigh. "It's my personality, it's a bit strong."
  "That's not a bad thing," he tells me. "It's kind of refreshing."
  "I'm gonna go," Isaac tells me and I look at him.
  "Why?" I ask and he had a solemn face, not like usual.
  "I have some other work to finish off," he tells me biting his lip and he looked great doing it. I wanted to makeout with him... really badly.
  "Ok, well I'll see you tomorrow after classes then?" I ask.
  "Yup," he nods.
  "Bye!"
  "See you," he turns still with a solemn face like he didn't want to show emotion. He glances at Noah and leaves the room.
  "Why did he leave?" Rachael asks.
  "Schoolwork," I reply. "That's what he said to me."
  "Okay," she nods. "Do any of you know Scott? Because he lives next door and he's a damn god!" Rachael tells her friends and I sit back grabbing my laptop.
  "Girl talk am I right?" Noah pops up and sits next to me without a question. I laugh.
  "Yeah," I nod.
  "What're you doing?" He asks.
  "I don't know, I was planning on putting in my earphones and watching the Emperor's New Groove," I admit and he grins.
  "Can I watch with you?" He asks.
  "You want to?" I question. "Are you not here to talk about Scott and all hit hotness?" I ask and he laughs.
  "Hell no, you are like way cooler than them, I've never met a girl whose just wanted to watch the Emperor's New Groove while other girls are gossiping about guys," he says.
  "Ok," I plug in my earphones and pass him one, he puts it in.
  "Quick question," he says and I look over to him. "Are you and that guy dating?" He asks.
  "Isaac?" I ask and he nods. I wish. "No, we're just friends," I mutter and he nods.
  "Cool," he grins.
Did it look like we were? If only we actually were. Then I would be allowed to make-out with him whenever. I press on the movie and it starts.

**************************************

A/N

Okay... What did you guys think? I added a new guy into it to spice things up a bit. You know, if Isaac and Liv don't start something Noah here is into her! Tell me what you guys think and him. I hope you liked this chapter and there's more to come! Xox.

-Jana