CHAPTER 64

I wake up the next morning tired as hell. I had an early class today, then I had work after it. It was gonna be a long day.

I put on a graphic tee with some leggings. I tie my hair up into a messy bun. I grab my bag and books. Then slip on my shoes and leave. I needed to grab a coffee before I get to class.
Just as I walk out, Isaac and Alex's door opens. Isaac walks out, he looked tired, his hair was messy, and he was dressed in some sweats and a t-shirt. He had his backpack over one shoulder.

  "Oh hey," I say and he looks over to me and smiles lazily.
  "Morning," he croaks. He had serious dark bags under his eyes, and the colour in his face looked drained.
  "You okay? Cause you do not look the best," I tell him.
  "Yeah," he yawns. "Long night."
  "Ahh," I nod and we start walking. "Dylan.," I mumble.
  "Yes... Dylan," he chuckles. "He's crazy."
  "Mhmm," I say.
We get into the elevator.
  "Are we gonna go get some coffee?" He asks.
  "Obviously," I nod and he grins.
  "Do you work today?" He asks leaning against the wall of the elevator looking at me.
  "I do," I nod. "After class."
  "Okay, hang out after?" He asks.
  "Sure."
  "You okay?" He asks.
  "Yeah," I reply. "Why wouldn't I be? I just haven't had my coffee yet."
  "Right," he nods. "And," he steps closer and reaches out grabbing my hand. He pulls me close to him. "I haven't had my good morning kiss," he leans in and kisses my lips lightly. I push into it more, making it deeper, and my hands move up to his messy hair. My back hits the elevator wall, his hands move to my waist. I pull away kissing his jaw and I hear him let out a light breath.
I hear the ding of the elevator and he pulls away, although I definitely wanted more.
  "You almost gave me a boner," he says in a low voice pushing his hair back. We step out of the elevator and I laugh.
  "Sorry," I say.
  "Do I have to wait till after you get off of work?" He sighs as we walk to the cafe.
  "Yes," I say. He puts his arm around me.
  "Fine..." he mumbles. "Hard... but fine."
  "That's what he said," I remark and he chuckles.

Isaac and I were good. I was good. Isaac... was "good" but not exactly.

~

I walk into the diner, ready for my shift. I saw Maggie working, Penelope wasn't today. I also saw some other people working. It wasn't busy right now.
I head to the back and I see Xander in the break room.

  "Hey," I say going to the cubby to put my bag.
  "Hey," he says. "You're working earlier today."
  "Yeah," I nod.
It was only 11:00. Since I had my early class I took an earlier shift. I usually take the afternoon shifts.
  "Do you know if Peni works today?" He asks me as I grab my apron.
  "I don't think she does," I shake my head. "She works tomorrow, why?"
He was leaning against the wall with his apron on, and he had a paper in his hand.
  "I didn't check the schedule, so I was just wondering," he shrugs. "When do you work till?"
  "4:00," I say and he nods.
I re-tie my hair up. "See you," I say and head out to the front.

I get behind the counter, and I see Maggie pouring glasses of water.
  "Hey Maggie," I say and she looks up.
  "Oh hey! It's been a while," she says and I nod. "Welcome back kiddo."
  "Thanks," I grin. She leaves taking the drinks just as an old couple walk in making the bells above the door jingle.
  "Hi!" I put on my polite smile and walk to the door. "I can seat you guys," I say and the old couple smiles at me.
I end up getting what they would like to drink which was just 2 coffees. So I get them to that quickly, and since it was not busy, this was gonna be a boring, and slow day. Here comes my 5 hours of work.

After about 2 hours and a bit, I head to the back for my break. As I assumed, it wasn't busy at all, and it was slow and boring. It was Wednesday, our most busy days were Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Other days are busy, but those are the extremes. Wednesdays were always our least busy days.
I sit down on the couch and pull out my phone. I had some Snapchat notifications and a text from Rachael.