CHAPTER 74

"Yeah... I was actually surprised when he... completely admitted everything to me," I tell Jude. I was on my work break and he was eating food here.
  "Well, maybe he's scared to lose you? Have you thought about that?" He asks.
  "Well yeah..." I breathe out a laugh. "I just didn't think it would be that easy for him to tell me..." I shake my head. "I'm happy, but... I just hope he's being serious."
  "I think he is," he nods. "You're all he's got Liv," he adds and hearing it from Jude was still heartbreaking.
  "Yeah," I say my voice quiet.
Ever since Isaac and I have talked yesterday, I've been thinking about it and him. Everything he said. I'm so happy he can tell me this stuff, but I know there's so much healing he needs to go through, and I really hope he does it.
  "You trust him right?" Jude asks.
  "Yeah!" I say without hesitation. "He's a great person... literally he doesn't seem real. I just know how much he's going through, and I don't know how I can help him!" I groan. "What if I'm not enough!"
  "You are enough Liv," he shakes his head. "Don't think like that, he loves you right! You shouldn't have to force him to get better, but you're enough and I'm sure he'll enjoy you being there for support," he tells me and I nod.
  "Okay," I say. "I gotta go back to work, but I'll see you after?" I get out of the booth.
"Sure," he nods. "Is your hot friend Peni working?" He asks sipping his coke.
"Yes," I nod. "Want me to give you her number?" I ask.
"I'm not that eager Liv," he shakes his head. "But hey, could you get me more fries?" He asks.
"Yup, I'll tell Peni to bring them over," I smirk and walk off.
I go back to the counter and sigh.
"Peni, could you bring more fries to booth 12?" I ask her grabbing myself a glass of water.
"Yeah," she nods and orders them in the kitchen. The door jingles and a couple walks in.
"I got them," I tell her and go up to them putting on my fake smile to look nice. Oh, how I've perfected the fake smile so well.

~

When I got home I showered and decided to relax in bed. I put The Office on my laptop and just sat in bed watching it.
Isaac had classes earlier, but I assumed he would be hanging out with friends or in his dorm. We didn't make plans to see each other today because we did this morning. I wanted to give him some space to gather his thoughts if he needed to you know. I don't want to be pushy.
Rachael on the other hand was getting closer and closer to Noah and I felt like a proud mom just cheering them on. She needed a guy to commit with her. She was too free, she needs to be tamed.

There was a knock on the door and I turn confused, biting into a twizzler that I had. I pause my show and get up to get the door.
When I open it Isaac's standing there.
"Oh hey," I say chewing my candy. "What's up?" I ask. "I thought you'd be with friends or something.."
"Hey," he grins. "No, I think I can take a break from them for now," he says. "I wanted to see you."
"Oh, come in obviously," I move to the side and he walks in. "I'm just watching the office right now, so nothing special," I tell him.
"Liv..." he says turning to me as I shut the door.
"Mhm?" I ask.
"Wanna go on a date?" He asks.
"A date?" I ask with a slight grin and go back to the bed and he follows. I hop onto the bed, my legs dangling off.
"Yeah," he nods. "I just think..." he drifts off. "I'm trying to redeem myself," he admits. "So... I think I should take you on an actual, nice date," he retorts.
"Ah," I nod. "When?" I ask.
"I don't know, tomorrow or Friday, whatever works for you," he shrugs and steps closer to the bed.
"Well, I'm not gonna say no to a date," I grin.
"Kay good!" He smiles. "Thanks."
"Don't say thanks," I shrug.
"I have to," he says moving to stand between my legs. "You've been great Liv, and thanks for that... really," he pecks my lips.
"You really don't have to thank me, Isaac," I mumble. "I'm just glad you are gonna be yourself again," I cup his cheeks kissing him and he sighs.
"Me too," he mumbles against my lips. "Now the office!" He pulls back with a grin. "Shall we watch?"
"Yeah!" I nod and move over so he can get on the bed with me and he does. I pull the laptop onto my lap and press play.
I lean against his shoulder and he puts his arm around me, and I could feel his tension go away and he relaxes next to me. He was definitely trying, and it's only been one day.
I just hope everything will be good!
What am I saying!? Everything will be good. He's gonna get better.
  "You good?" He asks.
"Yeah," I say. "Why wouldn't I be?"
"Just asking," he shrugs. "You seem like you're thinking," he adds.
"Isn't everyone always thinking," I retort and he laughs.
"You know what I mean," he says.
"Yeah, I'm fine," I laugh sitting up from his shoulder.
  "Liv...." he drifts.
  "What's up?" I ask.
  "I love you," he says and I laugh.
  "I love you too," I reply. "That was random?"
  "I know," he nods. "I just want you to know," he says. "You're amazing."
  "Oh I know," I joke.
  "I'm seriously Olivia!" He nudges me. "I was thinking," he leans his head back and looks at me
  "Thinking?" I ask and he nods.
  "I'm glad to have you in my life. I'm not trying to be cheesy or anything, but recently I was being an asshole, and I didn't really think about how lucky I am..." he sighs. "It pisses me off that I was that big of an idiot," he adds.
  "It's fine Isaac," I shrug. "It happens," I add.
  "Does it? Or are you just being nice?" He says. "I'm sorry."
  "We already had this conversation," I tell him. It's almost like he read my mind and he's reassuring me about it.
  "I know, but I'm not just gonna brush it away. I made you feel like shit," he says. "I don't want to be the person to do that."
  "Isaac, I swear it's fine now," I tell him. "I'm fine, and we're going to be fine. We resolved it, that doesn't mean we're brushing it away," I say. "Look, I'm just worried about you."
  "Me?" He asks.
  "Yeah, I want to help you... I'm fine," I said.
  "You've been trying, and if I wasn't such a dick this wouldn't have happened," he remarks and I give him a look.
  "Whatever," I said. "Yeah, you acted like a dick. Too late now. We're all good," I say.
"I just feel bad," he mumbles and I pause the show.
"Couples go through things like this, it's normal," I remark.
"Normal for your boyfriend to be a dick?" He shakes his head.
"You are a guy," I retort and he laughs. "You just have to stop thinking about it," I push the laptop away and straddle his lap.
"You don't trust me do you?" He asks and I sigh running my fingers through his hair.
"Honestly my trust has run thin, but I don't not trust you," I admit and he nods. "We're working through it babe," I say.
"Yeah," he mumbles.
"Stop stressing more than me," I peck his lips and he wraps his arms around me and leans his head on my shoulder.
"I love you."
"You said that like 5 minutes ago," I laugh.
"Yeah, and I said it again," he replies.
"I love you too idiot," I shake my head. He looks up and kisses me again, this one was longer and sweet.
"Can we go into hibernation and just stay inside for a couple of months?" He asks pulling away from my lips slightly.
"Sure," I nod. "I have nothing better to do."
"We have to lock Rachael out, she can take the room with Alex," he says and I laugh.
"She's too obsessed with me, she'd die not living with me," I joke and he chuckles.
"Who cares," he moves his hands to my hips and sighs. "Maybe if I stay long enough, she'll get sick of me and want to leave anyway."
"Maybe, but maybe I'll feel the same way," I say and he gasps.
"How dare you!" He says and I laugh.
"Only sort of joking," I say.
"Fine, best we keep the relationship going... so I'll leave now since I'm so annoying," he jokes.
"Don't be dramatic," I tell him and he laughs. "Can we watch the show now?" I ask.
"Hold on," he says just sitting there.
"What?" I ask.
"You look really pretty," he remarks.
"Ew, no I don't," I say and he rolls his eyes. "Can we watch now?"
  "Fine," he sighs and I get off of him and grab the laptop.
  "Now just enjoy and don't think," I tell him and he laughs.
  "Okay," he says and I press play.

************************

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for the REALLY late update. Not the longest chapter, I still hope you guys enjoy it. Sorry! I'll try updating faster. I've been just super busy and stressed with things!! Enjoy. Xx.

PS — The book is coming to an end soon! Enjoy :)

- Jana❤️