CHAPTER 18

Me and Isaac walk out of my English class with everyone else.
"Wanna start doing hot yoga with me?" I ask Isaac randomly and he looks at me.
"Hot yoga?" He asks and I nod. "Why does it have to be hot?"
"Because, it makes you sweat and sweating is good for you," I said and he nods.
"I mean.... girls in yoga pants," he says and I roll my eyes and he laughs. "Kidding."
"Probably not."
"I'm not that douche-y," he says. "Although... your ass does look good in some yoga pants."
"My ass? Why are you looking at my ass?" I question.
"You've got a good one," he shrugs and I look at him and he grins. "I sound like a douche when I say it..." he sighs.
"You think?" I nod.
"I wasn't trying to," he adds.
"Yeah, that's even worse," I tell him.
"I was trying to say it as a compliment ."
"That's not how you compliment a girl," I said. "That's your first big douche bag move at least in front of me," I add.
"I think ever too," he nods. "Sorry."
I laugh.
"You're a loser," I tell him.
"Oh fuck off," he replies.
"I'm holding that against you by the way," I said.
"The ass thing?" He asks and I nod. "OLIVIA!!"
"Well, your fault for saying it," I shrug.
"I said I was sorry!" He says. "Are we doing anything tonight."
"Don't know if you are, but I'm not," I said.
"I said we. We're obviously hanging out," he says.
"You're so obsessed with me," I tell him walking toward the dorm buildings. "First you come with me to class... now we're "obviously" hanging out?"
"I did say you were my best friend didn't I?"

~

I sip my smoothie looking at the sunset. It was a nice night. Isaac and I went back to my dorm, ended up wanting to do something. So we got Jamba Juice which was close and decided to just walk off campus and then we came upon a trail and walked down it until we found a bench with a perfect view for the sunset.

"So," Isaac says leaning against his hand and looking at me.
"So?" I ask back.
"You come here often?" He asks with a small grin and holding back a laugh.
"No, I've never been here actually," I laugh. "You weirdo."
He laughs. "I'm trying to make conversation. You've been staring at the sky for like 20 minutes," he points out.
"It's pretty," I state.
"Yeah, you are," he laughs.
"Ew!" I laugh.
"I had to. It was there for me to say..." he shrugs.
"No, you didn't. You're pulling all the fuckboy tricks today," I said.
"You're setting me up with these okay. If there's an opportunity for me to be gross... I'm gonna take it to gross you out," he tells me.
"You're annoying," I look at the sky again but I could still see him looking over at me. "What?" I ask.
"I didn't say anything," he says.
"You're looking at me," I turn to him.
"Sorry, I was thinking geez," he says. "Nothing can get passed you Liv."
"No, I'm a ninja and notice everything," I reply and he laughs.
"And you called me a loser?" He shakes his head.
"There's a difference between quirky and losers," I state.
"You're a dick," he says and I laugh.
"You just realized?" I ask. "Also this smoothie is great. I've never been to Jamba Juice."
"Never? Don't they have them almost everywhere?" He asks.
"Yeah, I just never went," I shrug. "I wasn't a basic hoe. What do you want from me?"
"Oh... but Dutch Bros is right up your alley," he points out.
"Shut up," I grin. "So... lets go. I'm hungry and I have a box of fruit snacks in my dorm," I stand.
  "I saw that," he tells me.
  "My favourite snack."
  "Clearly."
  "It's gonna be at my wedding reception," I state.
  "Can I be your best man? If I'm not the one you're marrying?" He asks.
  "The one I'm marrying?" I ask.
  "Yeah," he says.
  "Sure Isaac."
  "Cool, can I also plan the wedding?" He asks.
  "That depends," I said.
  "Right, if you're marrying me then I can't," he says.
  "Why do you think we're gonna get married?" I turn to look at him and he shrugs and doesn't say anything. "Freak. I swear you're such a freak."

We get back to the dorm buildings after a 15 minute walk.
  "Isaac!" We heat a deep voice and Alex shows up and sees me his smile dropping.
  "Hey," Isaac says. I felt awkward.
  "You wanna come with me and Chase?" Alex asks pointing back.
  "I'm gonna go," I tell Isaac and he looks at me for a minute and then nods. I see Alex staring at me. "What?" I ask him.
  "Nothing, geez" Alex mutters. I roll my eyes and walk away.

I hated that I some how liked the guy that happens to be roommates and friends with my ex. I hate that I even kind of like Isaac.
I walk into the dorm building and go over to the elevator and press the up button waiting for it to come down.
"Liv," I hear and turn and it was Isaac.
"Hey," I say. "I thought you were going out with friends?" I question.
"No, I don't want to go out with him and his friends," he shakes his head. "I don't like them... and honestly he barely asks me to hang out with them. I'm sure he just saw you and wanted to see what we were up to," he rolls his eyes and we walk into the elevator.
I look at him pressing our floor number. "Sorry if I ruined your guys' friendship or anything. Wasn't my intention when I saw that you two were roommates," I say.
  "No, you didn't. We aren't the greatest of friends and weren't when we first met. We're just kind of roommates you know," he says and I nod.
For some odd reason I felt awkward. I felt like Isaac knew so much about me and Alex and I didn't like it. He knows Alex and he knows me. He gets both stories even though I haven't really talked much about us.
  "So, what're you plans for the rest of the night?" He asks as it the elevator bings and we get off on our floor.
  "I don't know. We'll see if Rachael drags me into anything or if it's just The Office," I shrug. "You?"
  "Studying, and Nothing. I'm really a boring person," he says.
  "I can tell," I nod and he laughs. We get to our doors. "See you later Jones."
  "Mhmm see you Blue," he says and we both walk into our dorms.

But mine was empty. Rachael wasn't here and her bed was a mess with sheets al over the floor. Oh Rachael. I pick them up and put them on her bed. I kick off my shoes putting them over with my others and get up on my bed. Maybe I'll give my best friend back home a call.
I pull out my phone and press on her number to call letting it ring in my ear.
  "Hey BITTCHH!" She answers after a couple rings.
  "Heyo!" I reply.
  "Missed your angelic voice," she sighs.
  "Awe. Of course you do," I said and she laughs. "So how is the beauty of Arizona the desert?"
  "Ugh," she groans. "It's so lame without you. ASU is a constant party. Every guy in the school is a frat boy and it kind of sucks because... I wanna man!" She tells me.
  "I hear ya... all my roommate does is take me to frat parties!" I state.
  "How do they do it constantly. Frat boys?" She asks.
  "Dude, they come out of the womb ready to drink all night!" I say and she laughs loudly.
  "So... Alex?" She says.
  "Annoying," I reply. "Pretty sure he's like dating that girl I told you about."
  "God he's such an ugly pig," she says and I laugh. "Like, there's no way he's just over you. She's gotta be a rebound. Look at you," she tells me.
"Honestly El, I don't care about him or if he's over me or if he's with anyone anymore," I admit. "I'm doing better than I really expected."
"Really?" She says.
"Yeah."
"That's great bitch!" She says. "So... hottie ex bf roommate?"
"Isaac," I laugh.
"Isaac!!" She repeats.
"Yeah, he's still hot," I nod. "And... he's kissed me again."
"What!?" She asks. "Again?"
"Yeah, but he's not doing anything about it. So I told him to stop," I say.
"What!? Dude!" She says.
"What? If he doesn't like me, I'm not gonna have him kissing me and not actually wanting more," I said.
"Have you told him you like him!?" She asks.
"Why would I?"
"Because, obviously he's trying to make out cause he likes you. Maybe he's just seeing if you'll let it happen more and then he'd tell you!" She suggests.
"Doubt it Ella," I say. "He seemed completely fine when I told him to stop."
"I don't trust your judgment," she tells me.
"I think my crush is just this girly weird thing. I think it'll go away soon," I add and she sighs loudly. "What!?"
"You're just annoying," she tells me. "Are you sure you're just not fully over Alex... and you're not letting yourself be free and fool around with these guys?" She asks. "because not everything has to be a relationship you're in university."
"I'm over Alex!" I state. "Obviously it's weird. I'm not gonna jump into a relationship with anyone. We were together for a year. I'm over him, Im just not gonna go after guys who don't like me for random things. I haven't even lost my virginity," I said.
"So what! You experiment in university!" She says.
"Ella! I'm not gonna lose my virginity to a random!" I exclaim.
"Isaac's not random," she says and I could hear the smirk on her lips.
"Fuck off!" I laugh and she laughs with me.
"Well... you're telling me he hasn't turned you on?" She asks.
"Have you seen the guy!? Obviously he has. He's a god!" I said.
"Yeah, I crept his Instagram and I'm telling you now... I would not waste a second," she sighs.
"Well, I'm not you," I said.
"Fine, do what you want," she mutters. "You're being a boring university girl," she says.
"I'm sorry I'm not sleeping around and experimenting. I'm sure you can do enough for both of us," I said.
"Oh shut up!" She laughs and I smile.
"Ugh! I miss you."
"I know, same."
"Christmas!" I state.
"CHRISTMAS! It's too far!"