CHAPTER 19

1 MONTH LATER:

It was already mid October! Halloween was coming up! My birthday was coming up! Rachael was still Rachael last month, Isaac was... Isaac but really into the idea of it being my birthday soon. I was just excited for it being Halloween soon. I could dress up as... Charles Manson, or Frozone. But I was really thinking of doing RocketMan... aka Elton John.

  "A bitch is turning 18 in 2 weeks!" Rachael sings and I roll my eyes.
  "Really?" Noah asks looking at me and I nod. "What day?"
  "26th," I reply.
  "Close to Halloween. You are a little scary," Noah says and I flip him off and he laughs.
  "I was thinking of dying my hair red," I said.
  "For what?" Rachael asks.
  "Myself," I shrug.
  "Red? Like ginger red?" She asks.
  "No, like fire hydrant... or Rihanna red," I say.
  "Oh," she nods. "Hey! I'm kind of into the idea. It would look good on you!"
  "Yeah, it'd look super... exotic," Noah adds and I look at him.
  "So many words out there... and exotic is the one you choose," I say and he laughs.
  "I'm sorry I'm not an English major," he retorts and I roll my eyes.
  "Blue," I hear Isaac and he pops up beside me.
  "Hey," I reply. "What do you think about Rihanna red hair?" I ask.
  "She looked hot as fuck with it," he nods. "But she looks good with anything honestly."
  "No..." I laugh. "On me."
  "Oh!" He laughs. "Yeah, you should do it," he nods. "You'll definitely look good with it."
  "Definitely is a big word," I said.
  "You keep talking about people's word choices and we're just trying to be nice!" Noah says and I laugh.
"Did you need something?" I ask Isaac.
  "I forget," he says. "Why did you have to bring up Rihanna!?"
  "You're that into her?" Rachael laughs.
  "Who isn't," me and Isaac both say and look at each other. "I mean, come on I'm not a lesbian or bi and I would so date her... and more," I admit and Isaac laughs.
  "What about Ariana Grande!?" Noah says and I look at him and sigh.
  "If you wanna date a 12 year old ya," I nod and Rachael laughs.
  "Plus she's not even hot... that's my opinion no one come at me," Isaac says.
  "I agree," I nod.
  "She's pretty!" Rachael says.
  "Yeah, she's got that innocent look ya know," Noah adds.
  "Ok.. ew. She literally looks 10 Dude!" I state.
  "That's dramatic. And she's like 24," Noah tells me.
  "Exactly..." I nod.
  "Why are we having this conversation?" Rachael laughs. "So... what are we doing for your birthday?" She adds.
  "Nothing. Sitting in the dorm, watching movies eating a lot and... ya that just sounds about right," I nod.
  "No," they all say.
  "It's my birthday!" I point out.
  "That's boring, and miserable. We're going out and having fun!" Rachael says. "You're 18, I'm not just there but I will be!" She adds. "And we have to celebrate. You're finally an adult!"
  "Yeah! I agree," Isaac nods.
  "So, we're going out and drinking!" She says.
  "I'm not gonna endure another frat party on my birthday. It's not my birthday wish," I state.
  "There's other ways to drink and go out," Noah says and I sigh.
  "Can we drink in our dorm room and that's all?" I ask.
  "Dude. You're such a bore!" Rachael tells me.
  "I've been dragged to frat house to frat house by you," I say. "I want my birthday to be chill."
  "Can we drink?" Rachael asks.
  "Yes you alcoholic," I nod.
  "A few friends!?" She asks. "How about this. We go out in the town with friends and drink.... on a beach or something?" She suggests.
  "Fine," I nod. "Not... a lot of people. And you're getting the alcohol," I said.
  "Obviously. I'll plan it all," she nods.
  "Now! Who wants to help with my hair?" I ask. "We need to get dye!"
  "Sally's," Rachael says.
  "Obviously!" I nod. "Who's all coming with?" I ask.
  "I gotta go, so see you later with your fire hydrant head," Noah tells me.
  "Kay, bye!" I grin and he leaves.
  "He's so into you," Rachael shakes her head.
  "Or he's just nice."
  "He's into you Liv. I mean... he's cute you could give him a chance," she says.
  "Yeah... but, I'm good right now," I said. I turn to Isaac. "Coming with us?"
  "Yeah, I don't have anything else to do," he nods.