CHAPTER 69

I was wiping down a table, after cleaning it from all the dirty dishes. I had a long night of work, and I was halfway through my shift with 4 more hours to go. I needed and wanted the money! So gotta do, what you gotta do!

I hear the jingle of the doors and I turn with my rag after I'm done.
  "Hello, you can take a seat wherever," I say and look over to see Isaac and Dylan. Isaac turns and his eyes light up when he sees me. "Oh hey guys," I grin and go behind the counter.
  "Hey babe," Isaac chuckles.
  "You guys can take a seat where ever you want," I tell them.
  "Yes ma'am!" Isaac nods and Dylan laughs at him like it was something so hilarious. I stare at them both, realizing the red rimmed eyes, the dopey smiles on their faces and it clicks in my mind. They were high.
They sit down at a booth and I grab some water for them.
  "Here," I say putting the cups down.
  "Thank you," Dylan nods slowly. "Thank.. you.." he mumbles again.
  "You already said it," Isaac laughs making Dylan laugh. Oh god. Isaac looks over to me. "Don't mind him... he's just..." he drifts and snaps his fingers like he couldn't get the word.
  "High, you guys are high," I fill in for him.
  "Wait! You know!?" They ask paranoid.
  "Yes," I nod.
  "Same," Dylan sighs. "Hopefully that cop a couple of miles back didn't realize."
  "Nah," Isaac shakes his head.
If only I could get high, and push all the stress of work away. I wish.
  "I'll leave you guys to look at the menu?" I ask.
  "Sure," Dylan nods. "Well probably order a lot."
  "Yeah, I thought so" I nod and head off.
Isaac getting high, that was fine. I just found it weird because he wasn't big on it unless he was out with friends. But I guess he's with Dylan, so it wasn't anything bad or big.
"Hey!" Peni says.
"Oh hey, I didn't know you were working today," I say.
"I took Maggie's shift, she's busy today," she replies and I nod. "Not too busy huh?"
"Earlier, it was a little, but it's settled," I reply.

I turn to the coffee machine and make myself on.
After a couple of minutes, I walk back to Isaac and Dylan's table.
"You guys ready?" I ask pulling out my note pad.
"So ready," Isaac nods.
I write down there very big order, with them laughing like little kids.

"Okay, you guys are eating like cows," I remark putting a couple plates down on their table after getting their order from the chefs.
"We know," Dylan laughs.
"It looks so good though," Isaac smiles.
"Yeah," I say. "Now... anymore drinks or anything?" I ask.
"We're good for now," Dylan says already starting on his food.
"Thanks, babe, you're a saviour," Isaac bites into a fry.
"Not me, the chefs," I laugh. "Have fun... eating," I tap the table.
"Wait... when's your break?" Isaac asks before I walk away.
"I already had it," I say. "I'm off in 4 hours," I add.
"4 hours?" He asks. "So long."
"Eh," I shrug.
"Okay, I'll be waiting for you naked in your room after work," he grins and Dylan laughs at him.
"Okay," I laugh. "Can't wait," I add. "Call me over if you need anything," I said and walked off. Peni was just sitting because her area had 1 person who's been eating slow as hell.
"Is that your boyfriend?" She asks.
"Over there? Yeah, he's with his friend," I nod.
"How much food did they order?" She laughs.
"They're high," I laugh with her. "Literally."
"Oh, I wish!" She says and I nod. "Dude, we should totally get high together," she stands straighter.
"I'm down," I shrug. "Whenever. I'm never busy besides work."
"Same," she nods. "So just text new, or I'll text you sometime about it? We haven't hung out, out of work and we should!" She nudges me.
"Yeah," I grin.

~

I walk into the dorm building, exhausted form work. I needed a shower and I couldn't wait to get into some comfortable clothes and lay in bed.
I get in the elevator and some other people come in, Alex being one of them.

"Oh hey," he grins when he sees me.
"Hey," I run a hand through my hair.
"How's it going? You look tired," he tells me.
"I am," I nod. "I just had an 8-hour work shift," I mumble.
"Oof," he says. "That's harsh."
"Yup."
"Hey question," he turns his body toward me and I nod. "How's Isaac?"
"Isaac? Don't you live with him?" I ask.
"Yeah," he chuckles scratching the back of his neck. "He just... doesn't tell me much," he shrugs. "He's been different."
  "Yeah..." I drift.
  "Like, maybe he's okay, I'm just overthinking it. I've just noticed him... going out, and coming home drunk, or high..." he says and I nod.
  "Yeah," I say again. "I've noticed that too," I admit.
So even Alex thought it was weird too.
  "I've talked to him though," I mumble. "He told me he's okay..." I drift and he nods.
  "Just wondering, it's not like he's your responsibility... I just thought you'd know if anything," he retorts.
  "Yeah," I put on a small fake grin.
So it wasn't just me being weird about Isaac drinking and going out all the time. It wasn't like him.
We get to our floor and head to our dorms.
  "See you later Liv," he grins and I nod and we both go into our rooms.