CHAPTER 57

Today Isaac and I were going on a date. I was excited because it's been a couple of weeks and now we can spend some alone time together, without people interrupting us.

I put on some denim jeans, and a button-up cropped long sleeve shirt. Casual but cute. He said a picnic, so I didn't want to get fancy, but I wanted to still look nice. I did some simple makeup and kept my hair down.
  "You look nice," Rachael smirks. "Date?"
  "Yeah," I nod.
  "Ooh! Where?" She asks.
  "Picnic at the beach or something," I reply and her smirk turns into a big smile.
  "That's so cute!" She says and I laugh. "Awe, look at you turning all lovey-dovey because you missed you, man!" She nudges me.
  "Oh shut up!" I wave her off. He needed it right now, and if he was gonna have his guard up and try to act like everything was okay, I'll be as supportive I can. Plus being like this with Isaac wasn't weird or cringey.
  "You guys are my goals," she sighs. "When are you going?"
  "I don't know, sometime soon," I shrug walking past her and to the bed where I had my bag and my shoes on the floor by my desk. I slip on my vans and there was a knock on the door.
  "Hey, Isaac!" Rachael chirps and I grab my bag slinging it over my shoulder. "She's just getting all dolled up!" She adds and I walk over there.
  "Bye Rachael," I push her and Isaac chuckles.
  "Have fun! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" She remarks and I close the door.
I look over to Isaac, and he was staring at me and he smiles.
  "You look really nice," he tells me.
I take in his outfit, some jeans with a crew neck sweater on. Looking great, as usual. His hair was messy and so carelessly perfect.
  "Thanks, you look good too," I reply.
  "I know," he grins and I nudge him. "I have all the stuff in my car, we're driving because I chose a beach that wasn't so local to LA, so we aren't crowded," he says.
  "Okay," I nod and he grabs my hand.
I look over to him as we walk to the elevator.
  "You good today?" I ask and he looks down at me.
  "Yeah," he nods. Although he had slight bags under his eyes and kind of looked tired. "You make me feel better Liv," he wraps my arm around his waist and pulls me closer.
  "I'm glad," I mumble feeling a little worried.
  "Lighten up babe, we're going on a date," he nudges me with his hip and I grin as we walk into the elevator.
  "I'm lightened up!" I nudge him back and he chuckles.

We get to his car and get in, I buckle my seatbelt while he turns the car on.
"So how far is this place?" I ask.
"30 miles."
"So we have time," I lift my feet on the dash and he laughs.
"Yeah," he nods. "Here's the aux," he passes it to me and I grab it plugging in my phone.

~

When we got to the beach, it was a little past some bushes and it was a secluded beach, a little grassy. The view was beautiful, the ocean looked endless and it was so peaceful.
"This is so nice," I remark. "How did you find this place?" I ask as Isaac grabs the stuff from the back of his car.
"I just searched up places," he shrugs.
"It's so pretty," I stare in awe at the view. Living in Arizona I never really got this beautiful ocean view. It was great.
We find a nice spot and he puts the blanket down and also the containers of snacks for us.
"I literally just brought random snacks, like chips and bread and everything. So don't judge," he laughs and I sit down after taking off my shoes.
"No judgement here," I shake my head and he sits down next to me. "It's actually pretty great," I add looking away from the view and looking at him.
"I'm glad you like it," he smiles. "I feel like we never really just go on dates like normal people," he mumbles. "Plus, spending time with you... makes me feel better."
I lean in kissing his lips, but it was just a small kiss. This date was much needed for us.
Although he was saying I make him feel better, I still felt like he was holding back his emotions. But I wouldn't push it, we were on this date together.
"So, what should we snack on first?" I ask and he pulls out sour cream and onion Pringles.
"Your favourite?" He asks and I grin.
"Yes obviously," I nod and he opens them and we both start eating them. "The water looks nice," I say.
"It does, it's probably cold as shit though," he mumbles chewing his food.
"Yeah," I nod. "Unfortunate, we could go swimming if it weren't January," I mutter.
"Yeah," he agrees.
"I've always wanted to skinny dip," I admit.
"It's nice," he says. "Very freeing."
"I could imagine," I say. "Being naked in general is freeing, in the water, it must feel great," I state and he laughs.
"Unless it's cold," he remarks. "Coldwater does not go well with a guys penis."
I laugh and he looks at me with a smile.
"Is it like when a girl gets cold, our nipples get hard. Does your peen get hard?" I ask and he laughs.
"Um no," he shakes his head. "It's just kind of hurts... like when you get cold and it feels like little needles," he adds.
"Ahh, I see," I nod biting into a chip.
"Good question though," he says. "This is the perfect conversation to have on a date right?"
"I think so," I say and we both laugh at our idiocy.
"What are we actually supposed to talk about on a date?" He asks. "We never go on them."
  "So we don't have to talk about anything specific," I lay back staring up into the sky, it was just blue. Not a single cloud up there.
  "Well then, let's talk about how good you look," he tells me and I laugh.
  "Please let's not," I laugh and he lays down and looks over to me.
"Why not?" He asks.
"I'd rather talk about you looking good," I say.
"I'm okay with that," he jokes. "Kidding... but I mean, if it makes you feel good."
"Oh shut up," I turn onto my stomach and he looks at me. "So... are you dreading school as much as I am?" I ask moving a piece of his hair out of his face and then placing my hand on his chest.
"No," he shakes his head. "I kinda like the idea of it taking up my time," he states.
"Really?" I laugh. "You're a rare one Isaac Alexander Jones," I say.
"I am?" He questions with a grin.
"Yes, school equals stress and.... more stress," I remark.
"Yeah," he agrees. "But without it... What would we do?" He asks. "Without it... we wouldn't have met."
"Okay, that's true!" I nod and he chuckles.
"Exactly."
"You're a brainiac," I retort.
"No I'm not," he says and I give him a look. "I like learning, what do you want from me!" He says and I laugh.
"It's not bad, it's actually very attractive, but who likes school?" I say.
"Me," he says.
"And that my friend, is why you are rare," I tell him.
"Friend? Boyfriend," he corrects me.
"Whatever," I say.
"Not whatever!" He adds.
"Your my boyfriend, and my friend," I said.
"Okay, that's fine by me," he says and I lean down pecking his lips.
"We should go swimming," I mumble.
"Are you crazy? We could get hypothermia," he remarks and I pull away and push my hair back. I laugh.
"You only live once Isaac," I said.
"Babe, it's windy out... it's early January so still, technically winter, and the water has got to be lower than 50 degrees," he says.
"You're in training to be a doctor," I say. "If we get hypothermia, you'll know what to do."
"I'm in my first year," he laughs and I do too. "You need to stop being so impulsive," he says.
"Why?" I ask.
"Because one day you're gonna do something, and it won't be smart," he states. "We're not always together, I don't want you to try to climb the Hollywood sign and then fall off," he adds and I laugh again.
"You think I could?" I ask and he gives me a look. "It's not like we're at the Hollywood sign."
"I'm taking your keys from you," he laughs.
"Oh back off," I tell him. "So... let's play a game."
"What game?" He asks. "Strip poker."
"What?" I laugh. "we don't have the facilities for that."
"We can strip," he smirks.
"You're annoying," I wave him off and he laughs.
"Okay, no strip poker then," he mumbles. "Wanna make out?"
"I mean..." I say leaning in and he pulls me down kissing me cupping my cheeks.

~

We stayed at the beach until the sunset. Then we decided to get going. We picked all the empty containers and blanket and head back to his car.
"Can we get coffee?" I ask him as we get into the car.
"Obviously," he nods turning the car on. "We need a great way to end the night!"
"Yes," I nod. "Along with some great music," I grab the aux cord.
"Boy bands?" He asks.
"You don't know my story, Isaac!" I tell him and he laughs.
"Sorry I'm right," he shrugs.
"I'm not going to put that on because you think you're right," I mumble.
"Fine," he laughs. "You fool."
"Shut up," I wave him off.

After the 30-minute drive back to campus, we got large coffees and headed back to the dorms.
We walk down the hall and I grin.
"Thanks for today," I grin turning toward him when we stop at the doors.
"You don't need to thank me, babe," he says. "I shouldn't thank you, you don't even like dates."
"I like dates with you," I admit.
"I'm glad," he grins.
"I had a really good time," I tell him.
"Same," he nods.
"It's ruined with school tomorrow," I say.
"I know," he chuckles. "I would tell you to come in, but I think Alex is there," he nods to his room.
"It's fine, I should probably set my stuff up for tomorrow," I shrug. "Text me though!"
"Of course," he nods. He steps closer and pulls me into a kiss. I put my one free hand on his cheek.
He sighs pulling away.
"See you," he grins.
"Bye," I turn and walk into my room. I shut the door and I had a grin on my face because today was a good day.